Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Is that Starfleet headdress given to Nog basically a standard issue codpiece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

somebody should write an official starfleet policy for issuing protective gear to personnel with exotic genetalia

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Clark Nova posted:

somebody should write an official starfleet policy for issuing protective gear to personnel with exotic genetalia

Knee pads.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

:golfclap:

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/2V68fzP.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5Xa1POS.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Goatse is actually an ancient Talaxian art

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah they're performers, those ones

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/9izFm4P.mp4

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I always liked the design of those pistols.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
The prop gun's nice looking too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So was any of Picard worth watching I kinda zoned out for the last few months

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Danaru posted:

Absolutely not

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

a lot of people liked the first 4 episodes, could try those

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danaru posted:

First four episodes of Season 3 are decent. Just pretend it was a little self-contained 2-parter episode that ran weirdly 2 hours long and don't worry about anything else.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I watched the first season and swore it off then, I was then convinced to watch the very last episode of the most recent season and it was like gargling salted piss while being lost in the desert

There's no science fiction in this story, no wider issues or themes examined, and it doesn't even come off as a fun romp because it's so stupid and contrived and laser focused on reminding you of better shows

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Do not listen to the people saying parts were decent. None of it was.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/r2AZ84ULhE8

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Danaru posted:

https://twitter.com/gwenxyz/status/1649528935586070529?t=9fd78vGNihMQVxo0Vz1eIA&s=19

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

... did they really just rip off the Death Star II core attack and call it done.

The Enterprise D isn't a Starfighter or the Falcon, Terry. It's a bigass ship that maneuvers like a brick on a good day.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see a Titanic remake where it's blasting through an impossible series of icebergs at 200 miles an hour while some guy frantically spins that wooden wheel back and forth

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

First four episodes of Season 3 are decent. Just pretend it was a little self-contained 2-parter episode that ran weirdly 2 hours long and don't worry about anything else.

Probably doesn't take much to pretend that the asteroid destroys the Shrike and thus the whole villain plot.

The cast takes Bev's reappearance to hang out, and Geordi shows them what he's been working on in the shop.

Can even put in a Captain's log montage with Riker saying that Beverly found a way to detect the remnant infiltrators.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

:aaaaa:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

is that he-man pew pew sound in the actual episode?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Danaru posted:

Hell loving no

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

... did they really just rip off the Death Star II core attack and call it done.

The Enterprise D isn't a Starfighter or the Falcon, Terry. It's a bigass ship that maneuvers like a brick on a good day.

fwiw apparently the entire production team and writers room went "Terry, please don't do this." and Terry replied "No." So they were forced to do it.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
There was an inkling of an interesting idea there to do something interesting with the Ent-D being a museum piece made out of 50% structurally compromised starship hull, forced to kick some rear end one last time to save the day as the bolts and band aids holding the saucer section together come apart due to the strain of having to do literally anything

It was right there. It was right there, Terry

But no instead it was just a grown man bashing his old action figures together for 20 minutes, complete with the guy making all the sound effects and doing all the character's voices and using cuss words he isn't old enough to quite understand the context and meaning of yet

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Enterprise D is a luxurious command cruiser; it would only take 3 X-Wings equipped with proton torpedoes to take it out. You're loving up, Terry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

There was an inkling of an interesting idea there to do something interesting with the Ent-D being a museum piece made out of 50% structurally compromised starship hull, forced to kick some rear end one last time to save the day as the bolts and band aids holding the saucer section together come apart due to the strain of having to do literally anything

It was right there. It was right there, Terry

But no instead it was just a grown man bashing his old action figures together for 20 minutes, complete with the guy making all the sound effects and doing all the character's voices and using cuss words he isn't old enough to quite understand the context and meaning of yet

If the season ended with the aged, past her time, died violently once already, held together with space duct tape Enterprise-D literally flying apart at the seams in a final heroic sacrifice to save the Federation, every single person who cried and clapped and cummed over the "best Star Trek ever" would have instantly turned on the season and wrote it off as the worst piece of Trek media ever because it raped their childhoods and something something just shove in all the screamcrying over The Last Jedi and how Luke's heroic sacrifice and death somehow ruined his character forever.

People don't want actual storytelling, they want all the pop culture boo boos on their brains kissed and made better by mommy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Neddy Seagoon posted:

they sure loving did, without a hint of apparent shame

nine-gear crow posted:

fwiw apparently the entire production team and writers room went "Terry, please don't do this." and Terry replied "No." So they were forced to do it.

wow where'd you hear that

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So exactly how much of Return of the Jedi did they rip off? Were there Ewoks?

Please tell me there were Ewoks.

Edit: Borgified Ewoks count.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 4, 2023

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I can picture the meeting for the Enterprise G in my head.

"I have an Enterprise I want to do"
"We already have one though"?
"I hate that one blow it up so we can use mine"
"But the next one is already planned"!
"Ugh... fine... blow that one up too then, so we can use mine"!
"But the letters"?
"There's still plenty left" :downs:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've brought you something wonderful

https://twitter.com/AdaBeez/status/1653935901477838849?s=20

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The slaloming through the Borg supercube is a job for the battle bridge and a saucer separation. But then it would just be the bit of the Enterprise that isn't actually the Enterprise and the whole point was to get them nostalgia hits of the crew being back on the main bridge.

Also, "Why am I sensing enjoyment?" is so drat dumb and forced and off character and people seem to love it. A simple fix would be to just make it "I'm sensing enjoyment."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kesper North posted:

they sure loving did, without a hint of apparent shame

wow where'd you hear that

Timby over in the TVIV threads has been dropping all sorts of deets from his connections inside the Modern Trek production world, and one of them was that the Enterprise's Death Star II run was all Terry's idea and he got in a literal shouting match with the writers room over it, then went behind their backs and pitched the idea directly to Alex Kurtzman and Kurtz went "Sounds awesome, Tony, I love it. Lock it in. ...Wait, WHO are you again?" And Terry went back to the writers room and was like "Suck my dick, plebs. ENTERPRISE-COASTER GOOOOOO!" and then ran around the room making whooshing noises or so I imagine at least.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh my god

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

nine-gear crow posted:

Timby over in the TVIV threads has been dropping all sorts of deets from his connections inside the Modern Trek production world, and one of them was that the Enterprise's Death Star II run was all Terry's idea and he got in a literal shouting match with the writers room over it, then went behind their backs and pitched the idea directly to Alex Kurtzman and Kurtz went "Sounds awesome, Tony, I love it. Lock it in. ...Wait, WHO are you again?" And Terry went back to the writers room and was like "Suck my dick, plebs. ENTERPRISE-COASTER GOOOOOO!" and then ran around the room making whooshing noises or so I imagine at least.

nice, i've been a little out of touch, thanks

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Even if they were going to do a Death Star run they could've at least animated the ship as a massive thing struggling to make turns and tokyo drifting round corners.

gently caress even in Star Trek Online the Galaxy drifts and slides when you try to be maneuverable and feels massive because of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

Even if they were going to do a Death Star run they could've at least animated the ship as a massive thing struggling to make turns and tokyo drifting round corners.

gently caress even in Star Trek Online the Galaxy drifts and slides when you try to be maneuverable and feels massive because of it.

Hell, if you want to rip off something, the final battle in Battlestar Galactica's right there - Ram the saucer in to the cube while the shields get all shimmery and phasers fire randomly, go in on foot through Ten-Forward for nostalgia-bate, back out and run for it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

if you post in all trek threads simultaneously you become a lizard and you have to have lizard babies with the other lizard posters

Oh yeah, just watch me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hell, if you want to rip off something, the final battle in Battlestar Galactica's right there - Ram the saucer in to the cube while the shields get all shimmery and phasers fire randomly, go in on foot through Ten-Forward for nostalgia-bate, back out and run for it.

Ram a fleet of distracting shuttles out through the main shuttlebay door without even opening it.

Come to think of it, one of my biggest gripes with Picard S3 is that they bought back the Ent-D in CG and didn't even have the decency to give us a shot of shuttlebay one.