Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

When Muad'Dib said "It's Muad'Dib time." It was such an amazing way to deal with current problems of our society.

E: my worst page snipe by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
*whispers to my date*
That's Muad'Dib

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:flashfap:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

thats not candy posted:

feels like you need to setup leto's acceptance of the golden path and his start of the transformation before you can do god emperor, unless you do that all in flashbacks or something

I wouldn't even want that in flashbacks. Paul walks into the desert, assured that his children will carry on with his golden path. Cut forward however many millennia and we learn the full horror of what that means.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Honestly, just leapfrog over Children and skip straight to god emperor.

I need to see the scene where a nine-year-old boy swings a full grown man around and throws him as directed by Denis Villeneuve.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Schwarzwald posted:

I wouldn't even want that in flashbacks. Paul walks into the desert, assured that his children will carry on with his golden path. Cut forward however many millennia and we learn the full horror of what that means.

I need Paul as hosed up eyeless desert guy sorry

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

sebmojo posted:

I need Paul as hosed up eyeless desert guy sorry

I'll concede that is a loss.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dune Messiah is really the fifth act of Dune. Without it the story just kind of ends.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gervasius posted:

Show us Walken's Emperor, cowards.

"BRING me that floating fat gently caress, the bARon."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

*whispers to my date*
That's Muad'Dib

Muad’DEEZ NUTZ!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Khloe_Lewis/status/1653798467410579458

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Schwarzwald posted:

i need that sandtrout body horror

then god emperor's ending is even better and thinking about how herbert described it still makes me shudder. id love to see how denis would shoot it

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Baron von Eevl posted:

*whispers to my date*
That's Muad'Dib

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Time to Muad

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

i very want this movie to be five hours long

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Schwarzwald posted:

Honestly, just leapfrog over Children and skip straight to god emperor.

No way. Children is critical for character / world building

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

i very want this movie to be five hours long

it will be when the second half releases

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

yeah, yeah, yeah, Muad'Dib, he rides the worm good for him

what I want to see more of is the ornithopters, that shot we got in the trailer is all I care about for the rest of the movie

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

69 Body Problem posted:

No way. Children is critical for character / world building

Just have a flashback of the parts where blind Paul is wandering around bothering people and the part where Leto II walks into the desert and slaps a sand trout onto his arm and sees some poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I need to see Villeneuve's take on Miles Teg murdering a guy because he got bored of the guy talking about his treehouse.

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Neo Rasa posted:

Just have a flashback of the parts where blind Paul is wandering around bothering people and the part where Leto II walks into the desert and slaps a sand trout onto his arm and sees some poo poo.

Nah, your version sucks. We do it live.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

If they do Messiah then we’ll get plenty of eyeless Paul. Villeneuve has been pretty consistent that he wants to do that as the third film.

I don’t think we’d see him do anything after that. He’s mentioned the more psychedelic images of the later books being the problems of other directors. I don’t think they would fit his strengths anyway.

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Bugblatter posted:

If they do Messiah then we’ll get plenty of eyeless Paul. Villeneuve has been pretty consistent that he wants to do that as the third film.

I don’t think we’d see him do anything after that. He’s mentioned the more psychedelic images of the later books being the problems of other directors. I don’t think they would fit his strengths anyway.

Those are the stories Lynch should do.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I almost wonder if you could combine Messiah and Children of Dune into one movie. I love Messiah but fundamentally I think you could condense it really tight, it's mostly just "Paul sees enough to realize he hosed Up real bad, and attempts to dive out of the way of the incoming train," and then you could juxtapose that with all the goofy nonsense of Children as a more straightforward "weird magic kids escaping silly plots while the thing Paul tried to escape starts to come to fruition"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stilgar, Paul has escaped! Recruit a team of Fremen with attitude!

It's Muad'Dib time!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i was kinda disappointed with the feyd reveal (THAT's beautiful feyd?) but the trailer makes it clear what they were going for, he's this inhuman artistic statue beauty and i think it's a really neat idea

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, I like the twist on it. It also kinda makes sense that the Baron, especially the movie’s Baron, would have a definition of “pretty” that doesn’t really align with ours.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Martman posted:

I almost wonder if you could combine Messiah and Children of Dune into one movie.
It makes sense to combine Messiah and Children. Both (especially Messiah) have long stretches of interiority that almost certainly wouldn't get much screen time in any adaptation anyway.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 4, 2023

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Horizon Burning posted:

i was kinda disappointed with the feyd reveal (THAT's beautiful feyd?) but the trailer makes it clear what they were going for, he's this inhuman artistic statue beauty and i think it's a really neat idea

I liked it. It very much seems like the Harkonnen ideal of beauty that's also kind of horrifying, in a way that objectively beautiful Sting and the miniseries guy don't quite convey.

Hope he stops the movie dead to perform "A Little Less Conversation" before each fight.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hope he stops the movie dead to perform "A Little Less Conversation" before each fight.

He could croon "Suspicious Minds" at the Baron in response to one of his many lectures about spycraft.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Stilgar, Paul has escaped! Recruit a team of Fremen with attitude!

It's Muad'Dib time!

A God Emperor series structured like this would fuckin' rule lol Each episode can have an "intro" of Leto II going "AFTER 10,000 YEARS I'M A WORM!!!! TIME TO [a fifteen minute speech]"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I know the main beats of the story from wikis and such, why is Jessica wearing so much jewelry now?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Aurubin posted:

I know the main beats of the story from wikis and such, why is Jessica wearing so much jewelry now?

After they reach their destination with the Fremen from the past movie over time some more information is learned and a few things happen and Jessica basically becomes like the reverend mother of that Fremen group, seems like they're going for more of a religious icon thing than a spiritual leader with it visually.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

*tips hat*

M'uad'Dib

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

*tips hat*

M'uad'Dib

M’la’Dees

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

trailer didn't really capture the alien vibe of the first movie, but I didn't really expect much. love that they doubled down on washing out scenes with feyd lol.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Martman posted:

I almost wonder if you could combine Messiah and Children of Dune into one movie.

You can't combine them into one movie, but you can combine them into one SyFy miniseries.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That trailer didn't hit nearly as hard as the first trailer for Dune 1. Still crazy hyped though, as Villeneuve has been on a tear of making scifi movies I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what pink Floyd song are they going to use this time for the second major trailer. I can't imagine anything else over another brick in the wall but I'd be willing to hear other ideas