Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WERNER HERZOG: The Funko Pops have been decimated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think about those slips of paper you brought to the front when you bought a game a lot

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
children don't understand the artistry that goes into the toy sculpts or the box design and they have a surface level understanding of recent lore at best. that queen amudala doll should have been mine

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

grown rear end man at the toy store complaining about children having fun
reminds me of a post ages ago about getting rammed and knocked over by the cart of a comic book guy-looking dude to prevent the poster from taking the last Soundwave transformer on the shelf, who then grabbed it and trundled to the checkout with it. just posted through it rather than reporting the guy for assault

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think about those slips of paper you brought to the front when you bought a game a lot
I had my Super Toy Run plan all laid out to pillage that aisle

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think the funniest thing was that it was written before the new star wars movies had even come out so the guy was super pissed about not being able to buy funko pops for a movie he hadnt seen yet

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

reminds me of a post ages ago about getting rammed and knocked over by the cart of a comic book guy-looking dude to prevent the poster from taking the last Soundwave transformer on the shelf, who then grabbed it and trundled to the checkout with it. just posted through it rather than reporting the guy for assault

i think there was also a post where a goon bragged about getting the last toy before a child could get it but maybe im imaginging it or thinking of something else

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lobster shirt posted:

remembering some idiots blog post about how a star wars event at toys r us was ruined because there were too many kids there, it contained the phrase "the funko pops had been decimated". been stuck in my brain for like ten years.

I went to the midnight Star Wars thing to get some of the collector figures and it was mostly adults and they all power ran to the toy section and one guy grabbed every one of the collector figures in one scoop.

And all the adults were picking the very child centric scraps while the few kids there were trying to squeeze between their bodies.

It was weird

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

its pinkherturn now

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The thick swarm of children flowing over the stacks of Funko Pops, leaving nothing behind but the Funko bones

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think there was also a post where a goon bragged about getting the last toy before a child could get it but maybe im imaginging it or thinking of something else

it was an amiibo

Shampy posted:

So yesterday morning I went to a couple stores down here in the South Florida area looking for amiibos. At a TRU in Pines 20 minutes after they opened, I noticed a Sonic on hold behind the counter with a note saying "FOR KEVIN'S AUTISTIC SON". Angry that some rear end in a top hat put one of these on hold, I left home to wait for my Majora's Mask LE New 3DS to arrive via UPS. Well today after lunch my girlfriend and I went by TRU to see what was going on. You know, JUST IN CASE. Sonic was still on hold! I know by prior experience that TRU can only have an item on hold for 24 hours so I had her go in to the store (she was still in the car) and say she was Kevin's wife and was here to pick up Sonic. It was a success. I got my Sonic and some rear end in a top hat learned his lesson to pick up his toys on hold within the allocated time given by TRU.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo

lol what a piece of poo poo

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

whether you read a post about it or not goons have for sure done this on multiple accounts and the math shows it's probably happening as we speak

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you will learn to pick up sonic at the allocated time or i will steal it from your young child

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo
I remember that and the post was hilarious if (probably) fabricated, but big oof at the perma for that poster. what a bastard

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo

Smash players truly are abominations

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo

Shampeh…

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo

powerfully Florida post

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

its pinkherturn now

lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I also have a Werner herzog Star Wars action figure

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
theres an official H.R Giger action figure

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Why? What is the loving intersection between funko pop collectors and the original Twin Peaks?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Why? What is the loving intersection between funko pop collectors and the original Twin Peaks?

because nerds will buy anything

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

there are funkopops of everything no matter how niche

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

its pinkherturn now

lmao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

I absolutely have college friends I haven’t talked to in years that I know without asking have poo poo like this.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

pentyne posted:

it was an amiibo

lmfao that he made his gf do it. he should have have the courage to claim to be kevins autistic son

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:rip:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lol

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

Someone bought our kid funco pops of all the Gen 1 Eevee evolutions because they’re into Pokémon: The Jolteon is the most painful thing I’ve ever stepped on in my life.

beyond even lego?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

B33rChiller posted:

beyond even lego?

The ears bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh yeah there is a Werner funko pop