Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

lol I was mid-match and they hotfixed the weekly bright dust bounty to just 35 crests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kinda think they whiffed on a lot of the super buffs. The damage increases are all very nice but the main problem with these supers is that they don't do anything to champions. They added functionality to deal with certain champions on a couple of them, but Nova Warp should really be shattering barriers, Sentinel should be suppressing and Arc Staff should really be either blinding or jolting. Spectral Blades doing some weaken stuff is kinda interesting, because it might make it a true option for some big single target damage, at least.

The buffs to Arc warlock supers are huge. Arc warlock is so loving back next season.

Stasis is so loving not back, holy poo poo, they didn't do anything.

The shoulder charge thing is funny because this should give you like, unlimited uptime on a Peregrine Greaves build, right?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

How do you do the taunt+finisher move?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hypnobeard posted:

I wait for them to get to about half way, hit the Up button and spam G till it works.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hypnobeard posted:

Do an emote just before hitting the finisher button. You don’t have to wait for it to animate, just the text callout

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

haveblue posted:

Do an emote just before hitting the finisher button. You don’t have to wait for it to animate, just the text callout

Huh. Cool. Thanks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't expect too much from Chaos Reach... 25% is a big boost but its starting value is really, really bad (for DPS). If they could condense the damage by like 1.5 seconds I think it would be super viable. But, I think Bungie is very intentionally keeping it weak as a Boss DPS super since they want it to have high uptime.

Stormtrance will be in an excellent spot for add clearing though. That's gonna let it bring down fatties a lot more effectively

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't expect too much from Chaos Reach... 25% is a big boost but its starting value is really, really bad (for DPS). If they could condense the damage by like 1.5 seconds I think it would be super viable. But, I think Bungie is very intentionally keeping it weak as a Boss DPS super since they want it to have high uptime.

I'm more interested in Chaos Reach as a fast charging anti-Champion weapon now that it's gonna have intrinsic jolt.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What I am curious about is Void Misc snare bomb has the weaken time doubled (which rules), but does that apply to (the now buffed) Trapper's Ambush Quickfall? Not that it would make Quickfall great or anything, but I'm just curious.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Wait, but Quickfall IS really good.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Finishers and taunt+finish on champs #1 priority. That combo's point bonus also applies on anything that isn't a red bar enemy, so try to get as many as possible.
I run warlock, and either go strand with osteo+grips or void with contraverse+osteo. That lil' smg is a monster for streak bonuses.
There may be a point bonus for flawless, and there may be a point bonus for rezzing teammates (can't confirm, and wouldn't be surprised if Bungie nerfed that 2nd strategy after last year)

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
I can't wait for nearly half my builds to get an extra fragment slot. The largest windfall is coming for my void loadouts :cheers:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Wait, but Quickfall IS really good.

Please tell me how, I keep trying to find a way to get it into a build but ultimately it gets swapped for Stylish Executioner. It's super fun, and going invis right after is great, but the caveat of needing to get in close to actually use it is a tricky prospect in content where being exposed for a little too long gets you shredded in my experience.

It makes for great infinite invisibility builds tho. And maybe the extra fragment slot will help with versatility.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

players: shiver strike feels like poo poo because it blows the cost even when you don't hit anything, it should be like other shoulder charge abilities

bungie: *entire monkey's paw curls curls into a fist*

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

syntaxfunction posted:

Please tell me how, I keep trying to find a way to get it into a build but ultimately it gets swapped for Stylish Executioner. It's super fun, and going invis right after is great, but the caveat of needing to get in close to actually use it is a tricky prospect in content where being exposed for a little too long gets you shredded in my experience.

It makes for great infinite invisibility builds tho. And maybe the extra fragment slot will help with versatility.

It's good for the exact reasons you point out: invisibility for yourself and teammates on demand. Quickfall is only half of Trapper's Ambush; the other half is that your smoke bombs can make yourself and allies invisible. You pair that with Omnioculus to chain together smokes into a invis run as long as the fireteam needs it. Getting an extra slot next season also means you can plug in the fragment that extends invis durations (or whatever you want, void has great options). When paired with Vanishing Step and Echo of Obscurity, you have 3 ways to turn invisible, letting you serve the function of the "not gonna die" guardian in higher-end content.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

syntaxfunction posted:

Because it's not for the enemy, it's for you. The biggest benefit is the invisibility, not the Weaken. If you hit someone with smoke it's a freebie and you're tossing it to be disruptive at them, or you're already in short engagement range. Hell, you're not even doing the Invisibility for the Invisibility - You're doing it to break PvE Targetting (either to Recover yourself or to res a Teammate) or in PvP to break Radar as you push (noting you'll appear when you get too close)

I throw 90% of my smoke bombs at my own feet.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That is extremely fair, and poor wording on my part, because I definitely appreciate the smoke bomb effect. It's more that half the aspect (the actual Quickfall) feels moot because when using the aspect it's all smoke bomb all the way. It's more that I've never found a way to utilise the Quickfall itself to any great effect. I use Vanishing Step and Stylish Executioner for my Gyrfalcon build because obviously I'm gonna, but I have my Graviton Forfeit build that I use when I want to make sure I'm alive to res anyone that drops. For that I use Trapper's (and I'm so glad it's getting a new slot) but the Quickfall itself feels lackluster.

Graviton instead of Omni mainly because I like the great recovery rate, and the insane melee recharge, plus extended invisibility. Add some fragments and I get pretty much 100% invis uptime which is great for team content. Also throw in suppression grenades and "grenades weaken enemies" and it's a brilliant support getup.

But it's the Quickfall itself I am disappointed in. I should have been clearer on that.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is Cuirass of the Fallen Star still the best Arc Titan exotic? I want to get some builds ready next season.

I have Skullfort, but my sense is that any melee focused build falls off in hard content.

Also, wtf is Behemoth’s purpose? I liked my stasis warlock, but I genuinely have no idea what a stasis Titan brings to the table.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Ice is nice. Using Behemoth super in PvP is a fun way to punch people out of ward of dawns.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

TopHatGenius posted:

Ice is nice. Using Behemoth super in PvP is a fun way to punch people out of ward of dawns.

I don’t PvP much, so my experience is mainly knowing that Hunters make a big sphere of ice that kills me.

I still don’t get the big glacier-walls that all stasis class (but mostly titans) revolve around. They just exist to be shot at, then they do AoE damage? But they also completely block my vision? And they do more damage if I punch them? Seems like a lot of work.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
locking enemies up in the stasis wall can get them out of your hair for a bit

also with the right build we can slide through the walls to explode them, which is cool

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I don’t PvP much, so my experience is mainly knowing that Hunters make a big sphere of ice that kills me.

I still don’t get the big glacier-walls that all stasis class (but mostly titans) revolve around. They just exist to be shot at, then they do AoE damage? But they also completely block my vision? And they do more damage if I punch them? Seems like a lot of work.

The stasis crystals damage and slow/freeze enemies when forming. Breaking them causes them to do AoE damage and drop a stasis shard, which is stasis orb of power.

I prefer to use some Hakke weapon for Breach Armaments (more damage to stasis crystals), but I prefer to use a wave frame GL.

A fun build I had going on was using a combo of Hoarfrost Z and a waveframe like Dead Messenger to put down a wall of stasis and then rip through what ever was unfortunate to be close enough to all that damage.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Also, wtf is Behemoth’s purpose? I liked my stasis warlock, but I genuinely have no idea what a stasis Titan brings to the table.
Crystals that you shatter to make shards to make overshields. Crystals that make you resist more damage. Super + RMB spams a field of crystals that, when they explode, do a ton of AOE damage to bosses.

And I guess there's diamond lance builds in there too if you like. It's a strange setup/payoff class.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The biggest advantage Stasis has is it lets you have more say in how and when you engage. It's the control subclass. Strand does control stuff really well with suspend too, but it works differently and I think it's silly when people say Stasis is dead because of Strand. Glacier grenades are my favourite because in PvE they work as makeshift barricades, because enemies can't shoot to destroy them. They also do great shatter AoE damage.

When I play PvP I like Stasis a bunch too because the amount of times I have had a giggle because I see three people barrelling towards me by myself and I just put down the wall of ice and walk away is hilarious. Blocking entries and exits to shoehorn people into chokepoints, etc.

Stasis is a tonne of fun. And in PvE where Strand has resistances and resilience, Stasis has pure health and overshield recovery.

Also at the end of the day breaking stuff is just fun.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
There's neat tricks like the aforementioned Wave Frame GL + Stasis Grenades affecting certain immune enemies with physics. The Nessus battleground, you can yeet the immune wyverns off the cliff with a well placed Glacier Grenade + Dead Messenger combo.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's stupid easy to get a Best In Tower-level score in the GG nightfall playlist. I got it on the first try.

It's nice that there's not much in the triumphs this time that's notably grindy.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol they really just are leaving stasis to rot with this coming update goddamn

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Is Cuirass of the Fallen Star still the best Arc Titan exotic? I want to get some builds ready next season.

That's Hoil actually. Cuirass is one of the fringe use cases. Because why are you using cuirass in your arc build and not hoil?

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Panderfringe posted:

That's Hoil actually. Cuirass is one of the fringe use cases. Because why are you using cuirass in your arc build and not hoil?

To have a non-dogshit super. HOIL got nerfed pretty harshly, so the age of throwing constant super-powered storm grenades (which also got nerfed) is gone. HOIL is still an okay choice, but I honestly feel safer having a super available that absolutely kills everything short of a boss in one hit. A demo weapon gives you grenade juice back faster than HOIL anyway.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Forward_Bee posted:

To have a non-dogshit super. HOIL got nerfed pretty harshly, so the age of throwing constant super-powered storm grenades (which also got nerfed) is gone. HOIL is still an okay choice, but I honestly feel safer having a super available that absolutely kills everything short of a boss in one hit. A demo weapon gives you grenade juice back faster than HOIL anyway.

I'd probably ask why you're using an arc subclass when void or stand exists, but fair enough I suppose.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
You can complete the platinum 'Trials' card in Supremacy in well under 1 match. It's so much loot

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My fav thing to do now is to go to the last city and take away someone else's Best in Tower glow

:evilbuddy:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This looks like fun

https://twitter.com/itsianevo/status/1653462797874008064

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I have 800 silver sitting around from buying seasons over the years and I think I’ll finally spend it on The Chair.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Panderfringe posted:

I'd probably ask why you're using an arc subclass when void or stand exists, but fair enough I suppose.

Arc is an orb factory and Jolt is nuts.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears: Amazing. I am sure speed runners will utilize this somehow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd buy the chair if it was a folding chair

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TWAB is out. Sloane confirmed, new strand aspects sound cool, :lol: at season pass cost going UP after this season

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is a really colossal update but it's got some good things

Most importantly the pettable dog and associated stat tracker are returning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

soyfacing at the key art