Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Sorry goons

If you bail people should applaud your good sense. They won't, because concern trolling isn't born out of actual concern. I still think you should buy toys and play around, and if you find yourself with extra time and energy sure see if inspiration strikes. But don't quit a good job, and definitely don't take out a loan without a really solid plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don’t think he really needs encouragement to buy more toys

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
You know how squidward sucked at clarinet? But he was a huge snob about it?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

I’m working a lovely long hours job wishing I was a baker instead actually

But I was mainly speaking to tude who said I’d better either quit my job and fry dough or give it up

quote:

Goon: "This is my business plan!" <pic of rat feces>
Other goons: "seems unlikely, friendo"
Goon: "oh yeah?!?! Well if you're SO SMART, why don't you GIVE ME LOADS OF MONEY"
Other goons: "..."
Goon: "hah I knew it, losers, you'll be crying when I'm rich"

Other Goon: I'll give you the amount you want if you can hit the metrics you said for 3 months
Goon: I wasn't talking to you!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
You’re going to give me 200k if I hit those metrics?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

You’re going to give me 200k if I hit those metrics?

Loan as a merchant service agreement and it'd probably come from me and friends or other investors but that is possible, yea.

If you make a donut business better than dunkin donuts I'm interested in giving you money.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 3, 2023

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Oh a loan if I were gonna get a loan I’d have a business plan

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

Oh a loan if I were gonna get a loan I’d have a business plan

If you can pull off the metrics I quoted in a declining market in Ohio I think you'll find that plenty of people will invest for equity if you ask in the right way. The challenge is getting that 3 months of operational success.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
You’re giving me the creeps

Pic is where I’m crawling to buy me a bakery

Rather than walking into a bank

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Rationale posted:

You’re giving me the creeps

Pic is where I’m crawling to buy me a bakery

Rather than walking into a bank

Pictured: the site of a donut business that shall be more successful than dunkin, & without any business planning.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I really need to find a grease hood but first I’ll go to community college and learn excel

E:

Let’s get down to business
And fry tasty buns

Rationale fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 3, 2023

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Rationale posted:

I really need to find a grease hood but first I’ll go to community college and learn excel

All business owners need to have a certain amount of spreadsheet geek in them, or at least know how it works.

How do you think payroll gets out on time with the correct taxes paid out? How do you think they calculate the cost to make whatever goods they're making and what they should be sold for? It's not just done by magic.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

blackmet posted:

How do you think payroll gets out on time with the correct taxes paid out?

Rippling just fucks it up for me.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
so the stuff youve been cleaning is all the auction stuff? or was it stuff that came with the building?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Some auction some marketplace

The building was tv repair until flat screens changed tv repair

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Rationale posted:

E:

Let’s get down to business
And fry tasty buns

Last time a goon needed a grease hood Christmas was ruined.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Spreadsheets are also his you update your formulas in real time so you don’t have to do the same math every day. Very important skill

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
just a reminder that experienced restaurateurs with multiple openings under their belt, using an established formula, still require at least a year of runway (and often more) before a location is revenue neutral (and sometimes even they can't make it work, the restaurant business is like that)

if your job is not secure, and if you have dependents that at least in part rely on your income, please, please do not put more time and money into this shop. get your baking fix at home, with the stuff you already have. sell it at local farmers markets, or swap meets, or outside of church, or through instagram. build up your local brand and your intuitive understanding of the cost of sales if you refuse to write it up before hand. or gently caress if baking is your passion, and you must have it be your day job, get a job at a bakery for a year or two before opening your own operation. this is going from funny to depressing

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
This isn’t about your feelings this is about living vicariously through me when I’m having fun and flinging poo poo like chimpanzees when I’m not

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just found this thread and it’s a little confusing, but hell, bookmarked

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I just want some pictures of some god dang donuts, preferably made by the op

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I think this weekend I’ll try medu vada and then some box cake mix

I don’t have high hopes for either one but I’m posting for a roasting either way

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Yay, manic-posting and pictures of garbage! I love this time of the OP's mood disorder, so punchy and nonsensical. Demanding money from a pastry chef because he gave you advice is novel

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
It’s not a mood disorder it’s ambition and vision

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

I just found this thread and it’s a little confusing, but hell, bookmarked

There’s funny content Just don’t expect anything to actually happen.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Do you want pipefitter content? That’s about all I’m doing lately.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
The one thing rationale will never do is make a donut. He will do all the other stuff though maybe

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Rationale posted:

It’s not a mood disorder it’s ambition and vision

Let's be honest, it's a mood disorder and ambition. ("Vision" would require planning)

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Rationale posted:

I don’t have high hopes for either one but I’m posting for a roasting either way
Why not make a few batches of the actual donuts you’ve proposed selling? Then a few more? I know it’s boring to make the same thing over and over (or at all), but it might add some clarity for when you get back to shopping.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

WTF is a medhu vada? Will small - town Ohioans spend $5 every day on medhu and a coffee?

Just make a regular donut.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Post holes you cowards

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I wanna do the ooey gooey glory holes but I’m still grinding for the equipment so you get what you get

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
And medu vada because they’re made of lentils and my wife has baby sugar

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

And medu vada because they’re made of lentils and my wife has baby sugar

Rick, 35, divorced, is on his way to do some drywallin but first he thinks to himself “oh man I could really go for some medu vada.”

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I sure hope the two-ingredient donuts i made last fall don’t get on the menu they were like, mediocre

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rationale posted:

I sure hope the two-ingredient donuts i made last fall don’t get on the menu they were like, mediocre

I think any donuts on any menu would be a step forward

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
The menu is after the bakery which is after n+1 days in the hate mill.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
No, I will not make money off donuts and coffee

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

All donuts have two ingredients: Donut and hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

pseudanonymous posted:

No, I will not make money off donuts and coffee

Speak for yourself