Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GilliamYaeger posted:

Sinclair Skill 1: 8 -2 -2
Sinclair Skill 2: 16 -4 -4 -4 -4
Sinclair Skill 3: 30 -12 -12 -12
Defensive Skill: 17 - 7

Jesus loving christ that skill 3.

Gripped Sinclair is legit next level. I just went through a mirror dungeon where I never saw more than the first coin of his skill 3 because it would just pop whatever he connected with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Tricky posted:

Gripped Sinclair is legit next level. I just went through a mirror dungeon where I never saw more than the first coin of his skill 3 because it would just pop whatever he connected with.

Also I don't know why I didn't think of this before but between all the Burn application and the negative SP gimmick, this SInclair absolutely LOVES carrying Lifetime Stew: Easy to proc the max value and even easier to get a ton of benefit out of the passive.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Yinlock posted:

The Head mostly keeps power by making sure everyone is too busy struggling just to survive to fight back. They only really care if someone threatens to disrupt the status quo, or starts seeing the victims of the City as people.

:capitalism:

Well, the Head can also pull out enough power to quell an entire wing turning into Abnormalities.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Notable thing: ending a fight with Impending Day on Nclair played the Corrosion animation (WARNING! banner and everything) and he started the next fight at -45 SP, so I fully expect he would have started the next turn Corroded. He ALSO Corroded the next fight when Mad Flame was active and he used skill 2, but I need to double-check that wasn't just because he hit an enemy that was Defending or Countering, rather than because the SP cap doesn't actually apply until end of round.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That N Sinclair uptie story sure is a thing

just a nature documentary entited Look At This Stupid rear end in a top hat

KobunFan posted:

Well, the Head can also pull out enough power to quell an entire wing turning into Abnormalities.

It apparently takes a good while though, it's not like they have the manpower to wipe them all out at once

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Don and Sinclair don't have combat sprites for me...Compensation lunacy on the way??

same, my man is operating in Stealth Mode

e: also yeah he hits like a loving truck

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 4, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I only pulled once (cuz I might pay for Battle Pass but I ain't going full whale), got the Don but not the Sinclair yet.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Einander posted:

Notable thing: ending a fight with Impending Day on Nclair played the Corrosion animation (WARNING! banner and everything) and he started the next fight at -45 SP, so I fully expect he would have started the next turn Corroded. He ALSO Corroded the next fight when Mad Flame was active and he used skill 2, but I need to double-check that wasn't just because he hit an enemy that was Defending or Countering, rather than because the SP cap doesn't actually apply until end of round.

Okay, I think I can officially say that SP caps only kick in at end of round. -37 starting SP, uses -15 SP on use skill 3, wins a clash with Mad Flame, starts next turn with -45 and Corrodes. (And I did make sure he was clashing, and it wasn't in chicken dungeon, so no end of round global -SP.) If SP was capping mid-round, then -37-15 would have stopped at -45 and any amount of positive SP from the clash win would have brought him above -45.

N Corp Sinclair is officially spicy and I need to learn how much SP you get from winning a clash with and without Mad Flame.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Ariamaki posted:

Also I don't know why I didn't think of this before but between all the Burn application and the negative SP gimmick, this SInclair absolutely LOVES carrying Lifetime Stew: Easy to proc the max value and even easier to get a ton of benefit out of the passive.

Another plus to having Lifetime Stew on him is that the corrosion is very predictable -- you can generally set it up so that you're getting value every time he bottoms out. I'll have to do a run with Impending Day and see how that feels in comparison, though honestly his skill 2/3 are so good that using EGO in anything but a 1-1 slot feels like a huge waste lol.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
One thing I noticed: his block skill is actually pride colored, which is new for block, right? Does it get resonance or add resources when used?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Pigbuster posted:

One thing I noticed: his block skill is actually pride colored, which is new for block, right? Does it get resonance or add resources when used?
Adds resources, doesn't seem to resonate. Which sucks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

N Sinclair impressions: hits like a truck dual-wielding trains, but will absolutely corrode at some point unless you have a plan for sp management

On that note "Enough..." is a surprisingly meaty defense die

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/C_oz_y/status/1653977052561952769

N Sinclair causes Kromer to instantly stagger.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

N Sinclair causes Kromer to instantly stagger.

Also he apparently takes -2 to all event skill checks in the dungeon! Very fun tradeoff, I hope we get to see more interactions like this: Ruina's periodic banter dialogue between entities who knew each other was always a neat surprise.

EDIT: Unrelatedly I just had a thought: I hope that when we get ALEPH EGO some (or all) of them are Synchronization types like the ones from Ruina, allowing you to temporarily replace your entire coin bag with a new pile of shiny tricks.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 4, 2023

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
In addition to the much more interesting bug in which neither N Don nor N Sinclair appear in battle viewing any of the full-size art in the Sinner menu will cause the game to bug out. Specifically you'll be incapable of actually checking any sinner information - that full size image will just pop up again and require closing the game to fix.

So, you know, don't do that (despite how pretty N Sinclair's art may be).

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Couldn't roll N Sinclair, but I had enough boxes to spark him anyways.

And I had enough boxes leftover from that to spark Seven Outis, finally giving me an 000 for every sinner.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

taking N Sinclair's ghost through the railway and oh my god these poor guys are just not prepared for him. Amoral Enactment oneshots the tanky bug dudes if the coins go your way

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
This is the last of the identities until the end of season 1, right?
Kind of feels bad that I have a few hundred egoshards which can't be redeemed, yet none for the remaining 000s I have yet to roll. I guess it's a good problem to have, though

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Got Sinclair on my last 1300.

On the bright side, I got enough Dons to buy her E.G.O.

To think that Don got this mad without the canned food...she's frightening.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Guess she can't handle being cheated on by Faust.

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
Incidentally given that the current N-Corp banner ends on the 17th what are the odds of getting another unique banner (with new Identities) before the end of the season? Mostly asking before I start burning resources / spending shards and yellow crates at the dispenser.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Even Kromer is appalled by NTR.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

posadas posted:

This is the last of the identities until the end of season 1, right?
Kind of feels bad that I have a few hundred egoshards which can't be redeemed, yet none for the remaining 000s I have yet to roll. I guess it's a good problem to have, though

that's why you wanna hoard all your nominable egoshard boxes and not open them early
though if you already got some cool IDs from cracking them then I guess it's all well in the end

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 4, 2023

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Roll with ten tickets got me two 00s, neither of which were Don; did one more 10 pull and got a further two 00s, one of which was Don, and then when I fast forwarded past the 0s it turned out it was fakeout time and got N Sinclair. Slightly apprehensive about taking him to auto content, but we’ll see I guess!

Since this is supposedly the last new IDs we’re getting I guess it’s time to start cashing in boxes etc. The only ID I don’t already have that I might actually want is Liu Mersault, but I pulled basically no EGOs all season. Are any of them must-haves? I’m thinking Don Telepole and Mersault Pursuance at a minimum, then the question is if I want to pick up others or swing into s2 with 200ish fragments for most characters and an absolute hoard of thread.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

can't believe it was kromer who posted the copypasta all along

Anyways, threw 3 tickets and got Don. Then threw a 10 roll and got Sinclair and Lantern!... which was a bit annoying because I was like 50 shards away from it. Oh well, now I can get Purusance (100 shards) and then the rest of my boxes will probably give me either W Don or Telepole but not both. I guess the identity would be the priority?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Ayndin posted:

Roll with ten tickets got me two 00s, neither of which were Don; did one more 10 pull and got a further two 00s, one of which was Don, and then when I fast forwarded past the 0s it turned out it was fakeout time and got N Sinclair. Slightly apprehensive about taking him to auto content, but we’ll see I guess!

Since this is supposedly the last new IDs we’re getting I guess it’s time to start cashing in boxes etc. The only ID I don’t already have that I might actually want is Liu Mersault, but I pulled basically no EGOs all season. Are any of them must-haves? I’m thinking Don Telepole and Mersault Pursuance at a minimum, then the question is if I want to pick up others or swing into s2 with 200ish fragments for most characters and an absolute hoard of thread.

Your two minimum picks are good. Don Telepole in particular is pretty essential to her W ID in fights with Abnormality targeting, since her skill 1 has such bad Charge gain.

Yi Sang's Wishing Cairn may be good, since it apparently shares the "target rearmost unit in human fights" targeting with Ishmael's Snagharpoon, giving you a way to rearrange your clashes in human fights. Paralysis can be good against Abnormalities too and Sloth Fragility may be useful if we eventually get a big Sloth attack, and the Overclock is AOE. Of course, there's no notably good Yi Sang ID right now, but chapter 4 will probably fix that.

Ishmael's Ardor Blossom Star will be good for a Burn team, eventually, when she has a Burn ID and when there's some way to cash in enemy burn for more direct damage. But that seven Sin cost is very hefty.

The rest of the gacha EGO are pretty unexceptional right now.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Garren_Windspear posted:

Incidentally given that the current N-Corp banner ends on the 17th what are the odds of getting another unique banner (with new Identities) before the end of the season? Mostly asking before I start burning resources / spending shards and yellow crates at the dispenser.

It currently does not seem likely that we'll see more Identities or EGO between now and the start of the next Season (there is no more on the roadmap, no more announced, etc), but either way remember to be aware of a few things:

1- Check whether your targeted item is Season 1 or evergreen.
2- Follow good order of operations. Do pulls and use general resources first (but remember they'll carry over), THEN generic shard boxes, THEN nominables as needed.
3- Remember that 50% of all of your Shards and even Shard BOXES will be carrying over and converting to Season 2, and the remainder will all turn to thread and thread boxes.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644254378415751168

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Einander posted:

Ishmael's Ardor Blossom Star will be good for a Burn team, eventually, when she has a Burn ID and when there's some way to cash in enemy burn for more direct damage. But that seven Sin cost is very hefty.
Apparently the burn cap of 99 has been lifted, so burn is good now. Especially with N Sinclair.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, this'll be a pretty drat quiet month all things considered according to the road map: One new Mini-Event, which if it'll be anything like the first will have no story, Dante's Notes dropping but that's just lore, and that's about it.

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

It currently does not seem likely that we'll see more Identities or EGO between now and the start of the next Season (there is no more on the roadmap, no more announced, etc), but either way remember to be aware of a few things:

2- Follow good order of operations. Do pulls and use general resources first (but remember they'll carry over), THEN generic shard boxes, THEN nominables as needed.
3- Remember that 50% of all of your Shards and even Shard BOXES will be carrying over and converting to Season 2, and the remainder will all turn to thread and thread boxes.

Thanks for the information. Hmm... I'll likely wait until the end of the current N-Corp banner before I do much of anything - happening to draw in N Sinclair while he's on better draw rates would be nice and I'll get enough Lunacy from weekly missions to have another stab at him. Good to know a bunch of junk does carry over to Season 2 though. Got a whole bunch of shards I literally can't spend on anything.

Incidentally what is the general consensus on R-Corp Ishmael? She's the only sinner I don't have a 3-Star for and I'm considering sharding for her before the end of the season just to have one.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
N Don vs W Don: anybody have thoughts? i don't *really* like having to micromanage w don so she doesn't explode but i also don't wanna get n don if it's a trash identity

Garren_Windspear posted:

Incidentally what is the general consensus on R-Corp Ishmael? She's the only sinner I don't have a 3-Star for and I'm considering sharding for her before the end of the season just to have one.

I don't have R Ishmael but Shi Ishmael is, I discovered for the Railway, just astonishingly good. I'm not even going to bother with bunnyshmael, I think.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 4, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Very interesting stuff in the uptying stories but Don's has some implications

She's never actually eaten the brainwashing oatmeal at all, and she's constantly reading whenever she has a moment of quiet even to the point where she's made her own copies of the hammer scripture so she can read them on demand, you can hear her pulling them out in her afternoon greeting and idle talk. And she's fanatical even to the point where other veteran hammers would be worn out so I'm convinced that she hyperfixates on what ever she's interested in, and also that she is a murderous psycho that is reigned in by the heroic fixer obsession, this is just what it looks like when she's allowed to just go hog wild

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Ncorp Don is a Tremor ID so she will also need some micromanagey finagling to get the most out of her (using tremor burst skills at the right time and on the right target, etc) and probably won't be the best choice if you just wanna be mashing winrate.
But I did mash through a mirror dungeon with her and she seemed to do fine anyways.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644254378415751168

Hmmm... In that case it'd probably be better to just get Pursuance now (cause I'm real close to it) and then not go for any of Don's since I'd need both for maximum effect and I'm not planning to pull until Season 2 since Don and Telepole are the only things I'm really missing and their banner already same. That way I can start Season 2 with like 250 boxes and some shards on everyone but Ryoshu.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Your egoshards and boxes get halved at the season boundary so it's still better to buy one now instead of waiting til you can get both at once, if you are still planning on eventually getting them.
You might wanna grab the EGO first since there's 0 risk of getting dupes later while you wait to buy Don.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Your egoshards and boxes get halved at the season boundary so it's still better to buy one now instead of waiting til you can get both at once, if you are still planning on eventually getting them.
You might wanna grab the EGO first since there's 0 risk of getting dupes later while you wait to buy Don.

Yeah, makes sense. I still have one more month of both Lunacy and boxes to get so if I can afford clearing 2 egos (1 which only costs 30-50 boxes and the other 100-150 aprox.) to make my rates higher I'd say it's worth it even if they're permanent.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TheNabster posted:

Very interesting stuff in the uptying stories but Don's has some implications

She's never actually eaten the brainwashing oatmeal at all, and she's constantly reading whenever she has a moment of quiet even to the point where she's made her own copies of the hammer scripture so she can read them on demand, you can hear her pulling them out in her afternoon greeting and idle talk. And she's fanatical even to the point where other veteran hammers would be worn out so I'm convinced that she hyperfixates on what ever she's interested in, and also that she is a murderous psycho that is reigned in by the heroic fixer obsession, this is just what it looks like when she's allowed to just go hog wild
Not at all surprising, really. The "real" Don Quixote was obsessed with knights mainly because he spent all his time reading knightly romances, so it follows that Limbus's Don would be quite capable of hyperfixating on an identity she gleaned from reading something.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Three 10 pulls plus some unboxing and I've got everything except Reindeer Ish, Ardor Blossom, and Lantern (all of which are Regular), whilst still having 100+ nominables and 5000+ Lunacy before even starting on the weekly bonus MDs. Will probably crack boxes to get Lantern before season ends since I hear that one's pretty great.

Not bad on having spent money on nothing except the Battle Pass, I gotta say.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Google Jeb Bush posted:

N Don vs W Don: anybody have thoughts? i don't *really* like having to micromanage w don so she doesn't explode but i also don't wanna get n don if it's a trash identity

N Don is very solid, her speed isn't great (think around Jefe Sinclair levels) but her actual values are solid and she applies a smorgasbord of debuffs and effects. Much more consistent "just hit win rate" ident than W Don,but probably not as raw powerful in the general sense, and like most Idents she IS better if you pay attention, but it's by no means needed.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Not at all surprising, really. The "real" Don Quixote was obsessed with knights mainly because he spent all his time reading knightly romances, so it follows that Limbus's Don would be quite capable of hyperfixating on an identity she gleaned from reading something.

Don's absolute power move of weaponizing autism and turning it into prosthetic racism at unheard-of rates.

Theantero posted:

Three 10 pulls plus some unboxing and I've got everything except Reindeer Ish, Ardor Blossom, and Lantern (all of which are Regular), whilst still having 100+ nominables and 5000+ Lunacy before even starting on the weekly bonus MDs. Will probably crack boxes to get Lantern before season ends since I hear that one's pretty great.

Not bad on having spent money on nothing except the Battle Pass, I gotta say.

Personally I liked Lantern well enough until Legerdemain arrived for me, at which point it became less and less appealing to the point where 90% of the time I literally go out of my way to unequip it from him in Mirrors and Hell's Chicken. I'd rather use the resources on Legerdemain since they share their entire cost, the healing is extremely weak (especially on G Corp Gregor who just outheals it with random coins), and the passive is worse than Maggots.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Ariamaki posted:

Personally I liked Lantern well enough until Legerdemain arrived for me, at which point it became less and less appealing to the point where 90% of the time I literally go out of my way to unequip it from him in Mirrors and Hell's Chicken. I'd rather use the resources on Legerdemain since they share their entire cost, the healing is extremely weak (especially on G Corp Gregor who just outheals it with random coins), and the passive is worse than Maggots.

Yeah, G Greg definitely can outpace the healing from Lantern all by himself. My thought was more to have a healing option ready if I elect for a cheeky Burn build in the future or something. Then again, Ardor Blossom is also good for that, and the point about Legerdemain being ludicrous is a good one. Maybe I'll go for Ardor Blossom instead.