Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Upsidads posted:

That's the funniest they ever saw?! They better be sitting down

God, how would they react to the cabin building mountain lion attack? Or even a message from humble spymaster Roger a Muriebe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

New DeSinc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG6lx8-hoWQ

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Apr 2, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

This is interesting, but it's like he runs out of things to talk about fourteen seconds in and just repeats himself again and again.

...you can get a lot of speed here, you just want to hit a ramp to get some air, it's the best way to get around the island, you just want to hit this ramp, it's the best way to get around the island, you can do some bunny hopping and get some speed, hit a ramp, it's the best way to...

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

During the previous baseball offseason, Citi Field, home of the NY Mets, replaced their scoreboard with a giant video screen behind centerfield. To reflect this change, the folks behind MLB The Show updated the ingame stadium for this year's iteration.

Except they didn't use the actual dimensions of the the scoreboard. Instead for some reason they chose to base the design off of some concept art that was making the rounds on Twitter.

So instead of a giant video screen, there's a comically massive monument to the hubris of mankind that literally overshadows the rest of the stadium.

It has sadly been patched out recently, now sporting some more reasonable dimensions.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I really didn't see the issue at first. Then I looked at the stands and my sides split right open

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They should patch the original back in as an alternative

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Agents are GO! posted:

They should patch the original back in as an alternative
Cheat Code Unlocked: Big Scoreboard Mode

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
First half is setup, feel free to skip to halfway point.

https://i.imgur.com/RxqSymR.mp4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

was expecting a mountain lion but this also works lol

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

So instead of a giant video screen, there's a comically massive monument to the hubris of mankind that literally overshadows the rest of the stadium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbDostWXpcU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rtg01zHTcx1a3a6qh.mp4

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ma'am is this fella botherin' you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I think she's got a handle on it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

let her vote!

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
https://packaged-media.redd.it/lc35...3fa67cf87ac#t=0

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

She makes a compelling argument.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:lmao: I'm fuckin dead

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol holy poo poo that's amazing

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Now there's a woman who understands the difference between performance and praxis.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Keep an eye out for funny Redfall glitches, the game is INSANELY buggy, even by Bethesda standards. In this case an NPC decided to clone herself, developing a free-floating, T-posing stand that carried on a conversation separate from the one she was having.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, I'd do that if I could, she's just living the dream

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Vampire enemies also sometimes leave their skeletons behind for a while when they die.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The flying pistol in the background is because there are a LOT of cutscene bugs. The most common one is that a cutscene will only play for one player while the rest are stuck either loading indefinitely, skip right through it or have the loading screen permanently up, even once they're properly back in the game and can move around, shoot, etc. but now they're just doing it completely blind.

But for in-engine cutscenes, sometimes the person who doesn't see the cutscene just loads in after it's "ended" while it's still playing for everyone else, being completely invisible except for their weapon which can zoom around manically and fire everywhere if they like.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Yeah, Redfall should provide this thread (and the "Dragging this game down" thread) with plenty of content. Just watching a MATN playthrough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJqrGtUSPY), and the amount of issues is absolutely ridiculous. Among other things, the player can clip through walls, the enemy AI is ridiculously stupid, bullets can shoot through solid objects, stuff doesn't load, proportions of people can be hosed up, and lots of other issues.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

My co-op partner and I had a "fun" bug in the first 30 minutes of the game. You're supposed to clear out a building of enemies, after which it gets repopulated with friendly NPC's who will then give you missions which allow you to continue the game.

But when we entered the building, it was instead already instantiated in the state where the NPC's existed, but none of the NPC's would talk to us because we hadn't actually set whatever flags were set by killing the enemies(which no longer existed to kill) and liberating them. This forced a restart of the game, thankfully only losing us 30 minutes of progress, but still somewhat annoying that it's able to happen at all. It would be less fun if it happened, say, 10 hours into the game.

In the attached screenshot, my character's hands somehow turned into weird, lumpen meat crab claws when holding a particular pistol. I've also experienced a strange bug where, for about an hour of gameplay, the game treated scopes as iron sights and there was no actual zooming in, just the scope hiding 30% of the center of my screen. I've also had the game refuse to let me enter menus or reload, forcing me to Alt+F4 out... it has such a huge variety of bugs that it's hard to know what to expect next.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I just watched the MATN video, it's very rare when he is anything more than mildly critical (only the XIII remake recently I can remember him slating like this REDFALL video)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Have we officially reached the point where a game is more bug than intentionally implemented mechanics?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
We reached that point with Daggerfall man

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah, it's been done.

See also: Cyberpunk 2077 on release.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah a friend bought me Redfall for my birthday so I tried to play it last night and the game part mostly worked but trying to get the graphics to play nice was a special nightmare. Nothing looks like it should and any reflective or light emitting object is just a firework show of blocky glitter.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PurpleXVI posted:

In the attached screenshot, my character's hands somehow turned into weird, lumpen meat crab claws when holding a particular pistol. I've also experienced a strange bug where, for about an hour of gameplay, the game treated scopes as iron sights and there was no actual zooming in, just the scope hiding 30% of the center of my screen. I've also had the game refuse to let me enter menus or reload, forcing me to Alt+F4 out... it has such a huge variety of bugs that it's hard to know what to expect next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqIL-mniAMM

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Most of the 90 minutes I spent with the game were just unfunny mediocrity that didn’t make for good clips but I did enjoy when all of my guns decided they had sniper scopes now

https://i.imgur.com/0hLX0xw.mp4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah a friend bought me Redfall for my birthday so I tried to play it last night and the game part mostly worked but trying to get the graphics to play nice was a special nightmare. Nothing looks like it should and any reflective or light emitting object is just a firework show of blocky glitter.

Sever

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

Most of the 90 minutes I spent with the game were just unfunny mediocrity that didn’t make for good clips but I did enjoy when all of my guns decided they had sniper scopes now

https://i.imgur.com/0hLX0xw.mp4

lmao, you got the opposite of my bug! That's great.

And speaking of the graphics, it mostly looks alright but one recurring issue is that with your flashlight on, at least at the graphics settings I'm running on, a lot of things become strangely crusty. There are also some effects(like the collapsing cultist party shrines) that seem to play at half or a quarter of the FPS of the rest of the game, making them look like they've been imported from a PSX game or something.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I must be a mutant, then. I've had zero issues with it and have been having a blast.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I was playing this tonight and I grabbed a bat from under the ring and when I got into the ring I got kicked and the bat just floated away

I love wrestling glitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/BakesTristan/status/1653905628698652672

https://twitter.com/I_j0066/status/1654004275834679296

lol