Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Technic Land Rover was way better than the new one also

Just looked it up and yes, it is better, too. I'd rank that #1, then the mini one and then Red Pickup truck and then a bunch of other creator/icons cars and then the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I want that portal gun.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Technic Land Rover was way better than the new one also

This was an unpopular opinion when I voiced it but I'm unmoved. The Technic version rules and the appeal of the Creator version, which IMO has inexplicably weird proportions, eludes me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I stand by my comment.

I know you can take all the crap off the big one to make it look a bit less like caca but I still don't like it much.

the caca is the cool part

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

A Walmart near me has the 3 in 1 Castle for $70, which seems good.

that castle is rad, I would be buying that immediately at 70 bux

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ijyt posted:

the caca is the cool part

Goo-goo for caca!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
A set I bought second hand is missing a small white rubber rubber band, 4544140 according to the instructions. Anyone ever had to find a replacement for one of these? Seems like the kind of item that should exist outside of a LEGO set but my brain really wants me to have a perfect matching piece. I just don't want to pay $6 in shipping or whatever to some seller on bricklink when all I need is this 1 rubber band.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I looked over the new Super Mario / Donkey Kong sets and have to say the theme seems to have gone off the rails. No pun intended, even though the mine cart set looks kinda cool. My point is this is Mario wandering around Donkey Kong Country sets. What's next? Luigi and Kirby getting married? Peach and Samus tag teaming?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
If you want to get extremely into the canon, Mario and DK inhabit the same loose continuity Nintendo maintains (Mario appears in some DK games, and DK appears in some Mario games).

Only Smash and the latest Mario Kart really blur the lines more than that, aside from limited cameos (like Mario and SimCity references in Link’s Awakening).

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Wicked Brick is having a May the 4th sale https://www.wickedbrick.com/pages/may-4th-2023
- 15% off all Star Wars display solutions
- We're giving away exclusive Star Wars minifigures solutions for all purchases over £50 and £100 (for all items in the sale).
--- 4x Hexagons: Minimum spend of £50.
--- 2-tier stand: Minimum spend £100.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Waltzing Along posted:

What's next? Luigi and Kirby getting married? Peach and Samus tag teaming?
don't threaten me with a good time

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blue Moonlight posted:

If you want to get extremely into the canon, Mario and DK inhabit the same loose continuity Nintendo maintains (Mario appears in some DK games, and DK appears in some Mario games).

Only Smash and the latest Mario Kart really blur the lines more than that, aside from limited cameos (like Mario and SimCity references in Link’s Awakening).

No, I get that. But Mario has never shown up in a DKC game. It's just weird that they did this line. Why not just do some Donkey Kong sets sans Mario? You couldn't do much worse than what they've already made. And again, no pun intended, with Donkey Kong the only way they can go is up. Up cuz in the original game mario climbs ladders. Har har. sigh.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I was curious about the actual Dreamzzz series and saw the trailer on my youtubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9jij7F7kE

looks pretty ehh to me personally, like they made the sets first and then tried to shoehorn them into a narrative. which is fine! but who knows.

I don't know why I held out any hope it could be "good" -- I guess this is what the Lego Ninjago shows look like, or whatever. You could say it's "not for me" but I have a 6yo and there's better TV for us to watch out there than this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

Mario appears in some DK games

Yeah I think the fact that Mario kidnaps and tortures Donkey Kong in the second Donkey Kong game makes that something of an understatement.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Sivart13 posted:

I was curious about the actual Dreamzzz series and saw the trailer on my youtubes

looks pretty ehh to me personally, like they made the sets first and then tried to shoehorn them into a narrative. which is fine! but who knows.

I don't know why I held out any hope it could be "good" -- I guess this is what the Lego Ninjago shows look like, or whatever. You could say it's "not for me" but I have a 6yo and there's better TV for us to watch out there than this.

Yeah I'm not really too jazzed about actually watching the show, but it's seriously great that Lego is finally making a whole series available for free. It's surprising that it's taken this long, it seems like the obvious choice to drive target market sales for the last decade, let alone 2023. And it's an awesome wave of sets to boot, peak Lego zaniness.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Waltzing Along posted:

No, I get that. But Mario has never shown up in a DKC game. It's just weird that they did this line. Why not just do some Donkey Kong sets sans Mario? You couldn't do much worse than what they've already made. And again, no pun intended, with Donkey Kong the only way they can go is up. Up cuz in the original game mario climbs ladders. Har har. sigh.

DK and mario are inexorably linked, even if you count the newer DK as a separate thing the first game to use that version was DK 94 which stared a playable mario and spun off into the mario vs DK series.

Also the real answer is that these new dk sets are an expansion to the mario theme so of course they're designed to incorporate the mario figure that works with every other set.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just want a Lego Lanky Kong, is that too much to ask

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sivart13 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9jij7F7kE

I didn't even realise lego had tv shows lol.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The Monkie Kid show recently popped up on HBO Max. You can really tell that this is a big push into the Chinese market for them from animation quality alone. Most Lego shows are basically just cheaper versions of the Lego Movies CGI, but with Monkie Kid there's some actual effort.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1653877220421644288

Oh no, we're woke again :(

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

some pretty amusing replies in the comments, at least

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

I looked over the new Super Mario / Donkey Kong sets and have to say the theme seems to have gone off the rails. No pun intended, even though the mine cart set looks kinda cool. My point is this is Mario wandering around Donkey Kong Country sets. What's next? Luigi and Kirby getting married? Peach and Samus tag teaming?

UCS Bowsette

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The bunny is for girls.
The rabbit is for boys.
As god intended.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
Woke beer...woke Lego...what's next, woke car? Woke house? Woke trees!?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

https://twitter.com/DrewsOnFirst/status/1654126809565507584

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yeah, snot would ruin it.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Skios posted:

with Monkie Kid there's some actual effort.
I hadn't seen the Monkey Kid show, at least it's a lot more fun to look at than the 3d ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMmDP3u0c0s

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, snot would ruin it.

Please don't kinkshame.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Lightailing is having a 30% off sale on Star Wars lighting kits for May the Fourth
https://www.lightailing.com/collections/star-wars-lights

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
The DREAMZzzz line is pretty drat creative and I hope it will be a huge success. :allears:

Butterfly Valley posted:

some pretty amusing replies in the comments, at least

Oh noes, not again! :gaysper:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tomapot posted:

Wicked Brick is having a May the 4th sale https://www.wickedbrick.com/pages/may-4th-2023
- 15% off all Star Wars display solutions
- We're giving away exclusive Star Wars minifigures solutions for all purchases over £50 and £100 (for all items in the sale).
--- 4x Hexagons: Minimum spend of £50.
--- 2-tier stand: Minimum spend £100.

:homebrew:
Custom storage solutions? Someone saw my battlefoam receipts.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
JUST LET KIDS BE KIDS I scream as I furiously snatch the boy legos out of a little girl's hands

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With all the 5/4 Star Wars lighting sales, I have high hopes for Festivus this year.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

SkeletonHero posted:

Woke beer...woke Lego...what's next, woke car? Woke house? Woke trees!?

Hey let me tell you about what "Car People" think about Dodge's decision to kill their ICEs, along with the Charger/Challenger and replacing them with an Electric Muscle Car.

If I can find a buyer for mine that will give me enough, I would buy a loving Banshee as soon as it came out. SPECIFICALLY to gently caress with the Car People

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh no, I just saw that the UCS Millennium Falcon is like 20% off… sure that’s not that good a sale and it’s not like I have to jump on that now or anything… right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh no, I just saw that the UCS Millennium Falcon is like 20% off… sure that’s not that good a sale and it’s not like I have to jump on that now or anything… right?

No, that's actually a pretty decent sale.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I've never seen the price do anything other than go up in the UK :smith:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I think Amazon has had it on a better sale before. But it was one of their Prime day or week things and it was announced ahead of time. So it sold out instantly.

It doesn’t really go on sale. The big expensive sets usually only go on sale when they are clearing out all the stock before discontinuing.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I finally looked at the dreamz sets and that shark ship is getting bought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wonder what the big Nintendo set will be this year. 8/1 was NES and 10/1 was the block and bowser the following years. 8/1 this year is when the next group of sets come out so we might have one then