Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GateOfD posted:

I guess its the aspect where there's just too few hashiras and they need to keep sending them across japan to deal with demons.

but looking at the upper moon demons.
its just yea maybe the hashiras should team up more often. Its all been fights so far where a hashira would 100% lose if they were by themselves.
all of them so far weres ones where they split up other than the martial arts one. and the jar one just seems to overwealm the fighter with a jar army

They'd probably love to gang up on the Upper Moons. The problem is that they can't teleport like how all the 12 Kizuki basically can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBoYEsP6xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0llEWtA5U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also it we've seen that the type of person who becomes a hashira will stay in a losing fight because if they run a bunch of people will be slaughtered, and the moons can basically pick and choose fights because they don't care about anything other than themselves and muzan

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Rengoku + Goku eating contest when.

E: holy poo poo I just got this.

:vince:

Goku would win because he wouldn't pause to yell UMAI between each bite.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 3, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally started the current season, I'm way into Genya and his demon-slaying sawed-off.

Also very much looking forward to the Akaza face turn/anti-hero turn that feels heavily implied from that opening scene.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

C-Euro posted:

Finally started the current season, I'm way into Genya and his demon-slaying sawed-off.

Also very much looking forward to the Akaza face turn/anti-hero turn that feels heavily implied from that opening scene.

What makes you think Akaza is going to turn?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

What makes you think Akaza is going to turn?

The part where he told Upper One "I'll kill you if it's the last thing I do"? :v: Jokes aside, he seems extremely miffed by his co-workers, even beyond the usual trope of anime bad guys not liking each other. I'm guessing he is physically incapable of harming Muzan but I could see him picking up an assist in (I assume) a future fight against Two or One.

At the very least, from a storytelling perspective I don't think you show him off "out of order" if he's just another bad guy. Why select him for a dope-rear end fight scene with Rengoku if not to set him apart from all of the other assholes? Just a hunch, I promise I haven't read the manga.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

he definitely also seems to really hates the colored eyes demons, and seemed overly specifically pissed during the jar convo about the women's head in the jar.

love the fire effect in the anime whenever Nezuko uses her demon art.
She should just keep spamming it 24/7 and when she isn't.
someone should go "where's nezuko's demon art"

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
speaking of people changing sides, I'm still deeply confused about why the demons don't just convert as many people as possible into more demons. it doesn't seem like you need to fall to temptation or have a deep-seated character flaw to become a demon, since obviously nezuko became one.

i'm anime only, but I forget if they ever established whether any demon can make more demons or if only Dracula Muzan can? either way, there's so many lovely demons running around in season 1 getting chumped left and right that it can't just be that he has high standards. they should just be bringing a squirt-gun full of demon juice into every battle.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If I remember correctly, only a certain number of people can become demons, the rest just die painfully. If you want to try mass conversion, you would also have to massacre a massive amount of people that you can't cover up. And so exposing your existence to a bunch of humans who individually are little to no threat to you, but together can kick your rear end is a poor idea.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Anyone can become a demon it's just Muzan will melt you if he tries to put too many of his cells in you at once. It's why he can't churn out like 50 upper moon tier demons or whatever. Normally he's the only one that can make demons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Verus posted:

i'm anime only, but I forget if they ever established whether any demon can make more demons or if only Dracula Muzan can? either way, there's so many lovely demons running around in season 1 getting chumped left and right that it can't just be that he has high standards. they should just be bringing a squirt-gun full of demon juice into every battle.

It was stated back in episode like 7 that only Muzan can make Demons. Tamayo was revealed as an exception as she can make demons as well, but she was only able to after 400 years.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Demons also have to eat humans to accumulate exp. points too to level up. So there’s that grind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GateOfD posted:

Demons also have to eat humans to accumulate exp. points too to level up. So there’s that grind.

Muzan can shortcut you however with his blood, if your good enough to take it.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
"Only Muzan can make demons" isn't a biological limitation on demons as a whole, as evidenced by both Tamayo and the spider-themed Lower Moon who had his own little dysfunctional family, but a restriction imposed on demons by Muzan himself.

For all his apparent power, Muzan is insanely paranoid. The existence of Tamamo and later Nezuko proves demons can evolve resistance to his control, and so to suppress the chance for rebellion he keeps their numbers down to what he considers manageable while still providing a useful manpower pool to contend with the Demon Slayers and aid in his search for the blue spidery lily.

That only few survive the transformation into a demon, and that each then needs to consume dozens of humans in order to match your average demon slayer, I'm sure also factors in to a degree in regards to trying to keep his profile down as part of the aforementioned paranoia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

"Only Muzan can make demons" isn't a biological limitation on demons as a whole, as evidenced by both Tamayo and the spider-themed Lower Moon who had his own little dysfunctional family, but a restriction imposed on demons by Muzan himself.

For all his apparent power, Muzan is insanely paranoid. The existence of Tamamo and later Nezuko proves demons can evolve resistance to his control, and so to suppress the chance for rebellion he keeps their numbers down to what he considers manageable while still providing a useful manpower pool to contend with the Demon Slayers and aid in his search for the blue spidery lily.

That only few survive the transformation into a demon, and that each then needs to consume dozens of humans in order to match your average demon slayer, I'm sure also factors in to a degree in regards to trying to keep his profile down as part of the aforementioned paranoia.

Only Muzan and Tamayo are seeming capable of creating new Demons. Rui’s Spider Family were existing demons modified to look like him.

Muzan is paranoid however which is why he does not constantly create new ones.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

GateOfD posted:

So what you're saying is Demon Slayer is an isekai

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I know hitogami is the power up, but I do miss the water breathing even if tanjiro kind of admits he sucks at it

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Same. Imho water breathing was far more visually impressive then just the flames he has now. I hope he eventually combines Water and Fire/Sun Breathing into his own distinctive style. I would like that far more than for Water Breathing to be just completely abandoned.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope he takes after Inosuke and carries around an extra sword just in case, because he seems to have quite bad luck with breaking and losing his.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Fire and water breathing to Steam Breathing.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lt. Lizard posted:

Same. Imho water breathing was far more visually impressive then just the flames he has now. I hope he eventually combines Water and Fire/Sun Breathing into his own distinctive style. I would like that far more than for Water Breathing to be just completely abandoned.

that gloomy guy is probably still gonna use it

Tanjiro switching makes sense to me because he's got less attachment to water breathing and hinokami kagura is a memento of his dead sick dad

I like it better, too, because it's not ufotable without an excess of colored lighting

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

only complaint is how many freaking moves does hinogami have? it seems like Tanjiro just makes it up as he goes.
i know its based off a long rear end ceremonial dance...but he just uses like a bunch of new attack names one time and never again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
there are 12 segments.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Kanroji only needs the water fowl dance.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo, that end of episode cut off got me so bad

crazy rear end episode. So many crazy moments.

jeez, Mist Hashira looks like he's gonna die in this one, he just been taking hits every little exchange.
Looking forward to seeing more of Love Style techiques and their names. The song played felt very Clamp

Exploding sword combo so sick.

also the returns of some useless nameless demon slayer mobs. rip whoever they were lol

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 8, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ten Water Breathing forms + 1 Giyu either learned or created himself
Thunder Breathing has 3 forms and Zenitsu only managed to learn/master 1
No clue how many forms Beast Breathing has

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Ten Water Breathing forms + 1 Giyu either learned or created himself
Thunder Breathing has 3 forms and Zenitsu only managed to learn/master 1
No clue how many forms Beast Breathing has

Beast Breathing is entirely self made by Inosuke, though it's appearntly based on Wind Breathing through coincidence.

For fun.

Sun is the original and Water, Flame, Thunder, Stone, and Wind were the original styles that came off it. Water further produced Flower, and Serpent Breathing, and Flower produced Insect with Shinobu. Flame produced Love Breathing (Kanroji being Rengoku's student who learned from him), Thunder produced Sound Breathing, Stone did not produce any new styles that are known, and Wind produced Beast and Mist.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Insects don’t even breathe, that’s total bullshit now that I think about it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe Shinobu learned to breath through her skin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally got around to watching all the new episodes. Good poo poo, dig the new OP.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ufotable with the Budget Breathing

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Sindai posted:

Maybe Shinobu learned to breath through her skin.

You're thinking of the Plant Hashira.

Insects breathe through their knees.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shyrka posted:

I gotta add, I'm into number 4's gimmick.

From how he looked in the op and his general attitude I was expecting a whole bunch of lame cringing and hiding and sending rock monsters out, him splitting into ever increasing numbers of actually badass demons is way more compelling.

Turns out he was actually almost doing this, but with Emotion Clones instead of rock monsters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I forgot how much of the backstory involves child death.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

annoying cliffhanger. So it's not gonna work and then he gets the Cool Sword and then it'll work?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for Genya to become the first Gun Hashira when this is all over.

E:

muscles like this! posted:

I forgot how much of the backstory involves child death.

My wife claims that this show is about family dynamics, but I maintain that it's about how much trauma you'd actually have to go through in order to be an anime teen badass.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 15, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Genya's yelling remind me too much of Bakugo from MHA, know its the same voice actor, but man, adjust the tone a bit more.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat @ Genya's backstory.

did not expect a 5th demon hiding around, geez. The most annoying cliffhanger yet. its obviously not gonna work yet.

Think Love Hashira will run into Mist and they're gonna duo against the Jar demon

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My guess is they won't be able to slice the 5th demons head until the B team clears the Jar-Demon and they can meet up with and deliver the 300-year-old super sword to Tanjiro.

I'm also dying to know the backstory of Genyas demon powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Just watched the new episode, love that after being freed from the rubble Nezuko's first move against the regenerated demon's is a head kick. Never change kid, never change.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 15, 2023