Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Has anyone else gotten this Sarcasmitron video in their recommends? Did the algorithm pick another debunker wonderchild to bless with views?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E575rSSaT6A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it was in my feed about two months ago so probably

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao that illuminaughtii is koalas march in style and plague rats in reveal

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Are you telling me all these could be avoided if she didn't try to accuse a lawyer of plagiarising paper tear graphics

It's a very "Dakota Johnson talks about her birthday party on the Ellen Show" moment, isn't it?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao that illuminaughtii is koalas march in style and plague rats in reveal

i hate that I understand this

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

i hate that I understand this
:same:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

well that went somewhere unexpected. micromicrocelebs stay normal

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I forgot what happened with plague rats

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Buying transphobic avatars for themselves and others, while pretending it was someone else harassing them.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Right thank you

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Terrible Opinions posted:

Buying transphobic avatars for themselves and others, while pretending it was someone else harassing them.

Did she say, or is there any evidence, that she ever bought a transphobic avatar for someone else? As far as I'm aware we just know about what she bought herself as those are tracked

The only reason I bring this up is this is how the goon game of telephone starts.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Garrand posted:

Did she say, or is there any evidence, that she ever bought a transphobic avatar for someone else? As far as I'm aware we just know about what she bought herself as those are tracked

The only reason I bring this up is this is how the goon game of telephone starts.

Did you hear about the time that a bunch of goons injected drugs into their eyeballs?

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

Garrand posted:

Start here

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Garrand posted:

she explicitly copped to it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
she bought avatars for herself but not for anyone else

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Reading that thread there are only (multiple?) self-avatar buys, yeah. Like, it's still insane and lovely because she was essentially framing goons for being transphobes, but it's more like a Fake Internet Suicide Note than harassing other trans users.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

she bought avatars for herself but not for anyone else

Yeah she just bought them for herself and then directly and indirectly accused other specific posters to do it to own her forums enemies.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mycot posted:

Reading that thread there are only (multiple?) self-avatar buys, yeah. Like, it's still insane and lovely because she was essentially framing goons for being transphobes, but it's more like a Fake Internet Suicide Note than harassing other trans users.

Buddy ideally i wouldn't have to see funny suicide memes about me being trans at all because its...very loving bad to constantly be exposed to that poo poo and that's soemthing most trans people know so actively exposing other trans people you know will see it sucks rear end. And she did know it was bad because she bought it explicitly to make the people she accused of it look bad.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Buddy ideally i wouldn't have to see funny suicide memes about me being trans at all because its...very loving bad to constantly be exposed to that poo poo and that's soemthing most trans people know so actively exposing other trans people you know will see it sucks rear end. And she did know it was bad because she bought it explicitly to make the people she accused of it look bad.

Fair, spreading and propagating that kind of stuff where other people can see it (and get hurt by it) is bad in itself.

One of the best details of that thread is how everyone is eating it up before Jeffrey finally gets fed up and snitches. This link is incredible, thank you.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
SPR said she did not buy transphobic avatars for other people, but just the act of doing it to herself is going to lead to people doubting that and doubting any lovely avatars bought for other users in the future. Someone bought a Koalas March koala avatar for her immediately before the revelations dropped on her self-purchases though and that was a hilarious catch. Also the big issue here is purchasing for other users should be gated behind being logged in because this is all stupid and shouldn't have happened.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

SPR said she did not buy transphobic avatars for other people, but just the act of doing it to herself is going to lead to people doubting that and doubting any lovely avatars bought for other users in the future. Someone bought a Koalas March koala avatar for her immediately before the revelations dropped on her self-purchases though and that was a hilarious catch. Also the big issue here is purchasing for other users should be gated behind being logged in because this is all stupid and shouldn't have happened.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Did anything happen to Koala's March? The only thing I know about that incident was that she was a black woman who was somewhat provocative but seemed to get a ton of negative attention for mysterious reasons, was there a twist ending to that too?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Keep in mind, in no way am I trying to defend spr, I've just been here long enough to see a ton of dumb poo poo like

Ariong posted:

Did you hear about the time that a bunch of goons injected drugs into their eyeballs?

Get spun up and others take seriously, and it honestly bothers me.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sorry for spreading wrong info. I thought she had also bought some of the very last round of avatars for other people.

mycot posted:

Did anything happen to Koala's March? The only thing I know about that incident was that she was a black woman who was somewhat provocative but seemed to get a ton of negative attention for mysterious reasons, was there a twist ending to that too?
HoneyTrapQueen rereg spotted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mycot posted:

Lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mycot posted:

the mysterious reasons were that she used sockpuppet accounts to defend herself/lift herself up and attempt a forums coup

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mycot posted:

nice try, km

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I legitimately don't know, I only post in Games, Anime, and BSS (and here I guess) so that's the most I ever saw of her.

The 7th Guest posted:

the mysterious reasons were that she used sockpuppet accounts to defend herself/lift herself up and attempt a forums coup

Ah.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mycot posted:

She tried to engineer a "grass roots" campaign to have her made into an admin off the back of The Troubles that turned out to be her flipping between alt accounts to make it look like she had popular support among her sub's userbase. She also, I believe, stole a bunch of donation money she helped raise via SA and bought herself a brand new gaming laptop with it instead. She was legitimately connected to a bunch of black social and political causes, but was also a huge grifter and con artist so she basically erased all the good work she was trying to do with her schemes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

She tried to engineer a "grass roots" campaign to have her made into an admin off the back of The Troubles that turned out to be her flipping between alt accounts to make it look like she had popular support among her sub's userbase. She also, I believe, stole a bunch of donation money she helped raise via SA and bought herself a brand new gaming laptop with it instead. She was legitimately connected to a bunch of black social and political causes, but was also a huge grifter and con artist so she basically erased all the good work she was trying to do with her schemes.

Didn't it also come out during that she also knew some admin was hanging out in some freak nazi discord and his excuse was "I'm just in there to keep an eye on them" and she bought it? Or was.that another mod during that era.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I don't remember which mod it was, but yes I remember the whole "undercover agent" ordeal around that same time. I think KM actually posted about how said mod had informed her and other targets of the nazi's about what they were doing and so took their presence in the nazi discord in good faith.

The whole idea was dumb as poo poo regardless and I don't know enough about the mod in question to talk about whether they were or were not a possible nazi. But I do remember screenshots of that same mod posting some pretty awful stuff to "fit in"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Didn't it also come out during that she also knew some admin was hanging out in some freak nazi discord and his excuse was "I'm just in there to keep an eye on them" and she bought it? Or was.that another mod during that era.

her and Jeffery, yes, lmao. partyplanejones was a funny saga and everyone should join us in the most troll free thread on the forums, the legends thread in pyf.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Garrand posted:

I don't remember which mod it was, but yes I remember the whole "undercover agent" ordeal around that same time. I think KM actually posted about how said mod had informed her and other targets of the nazi's about what they were doing and so took their presence in the nazi discord in good faith.

The whole idea was dumb as poo poo regardless and I don't know enough about the mod in question to talk about whether they were or were not a possible nazi.

Yes, former D&D mod PartyPlaneJones. Dude wasn't (to my knowledge from my time in the modsphere with him) actually a Nazi, just a huge loving moron.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

mycot posted:

I legitimately don't know, I only post in Games, Anime, and BSS (and here I guess) so that's the most I ever saw of her.

Ah.
Go read the sagas threads for forums lore. This website was drat near incomprehensible to me for years until I started reading those threads.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
partyplanejones was hanging out in a good rust discord that had been co-opted by nazis and was posting racist memes under his own username when this was called out he tried to spin a story about being a secret forum agent protecting minorities from being doxxed when it was really clear to anyone with any common sense that he liked playing rust with those people and when he got found out he weaved an insane narrative that koala's march believed and had a really funny post from jeffrey about partyplanejones cover being blown making it harder to protect goons

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
oh this illuminaughti thing is insane lol. classic livejournal behavior

e: i think partyplanejones agreed with the nazis, imo. i think the insistence by ppl that he wasnt one is silly and when he got caught he came up with a stupid lie and koalas march went along with it to buy mod support for her fail coup but severely misjudged how credulous ppl are

fun hater fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 4, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol these forums

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the nazis in the discord then appeared and posted receipts of him posting and loling with them when ppj tried to disavow them and then were permabanned for being nazis

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Famethrowa posted:

her and Jeffery, yes, lmao. partyplanejones was a funny saga and everyone should join us in the most troll free thread on the forums, the legends thread in pyf.

Yeah and she later said she didn't actually read what he was sending her, which were the chatlogs of a racist Rust discord, and fair cop I wouldn't have looked at that poo poo either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
Jeffrey is gonna melt every post about PPJ eventually lol. what a stupid time

can’t believe these forums are free
*hand flies to ear piece *