Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

This is basically a repeat of game 1.

Yeah one kinda soft goal, Leafs losing their head for a couple stretches but otherwise having control of play and not finishing. Higher highs and lower lows though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Dang the leafs are somehow worse than the Dallas stara

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Lol even the panel calling for DoPS to review the body slam on knies.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That replay of Bunting getting cross-checked in the neck by Bennett is wild, anybody else in the league takes that it’s a penalty 10/10 times

The front of the net is anything goes in the playoffs. A huge reason why the Habs went to the finals 2 years ago was their gigantic d-men mauling guys with impunity

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TrueChaos posted:

Lol even the panel calling for DoPS to review the body slam on knies.

Bennett’s gonna get at least a fine for the cross check on Bunting one would think, Lafferty ate one in the Tampa series. I think DoPS is too cowardly to call more attention to the choke by suspending for it, and it’s also one of those situations where they don’t have a clear rule for that whole… situation. I think Knies coming back for his next shift also hurts that case, and also looks extremely bad on the Leafs staff.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
surprised the leafs aren't chasing more of a lead

Wonderllama posted:

Leafs should try playing better so that you could be in a better mood I guess.

ok!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Can’t remember if it was last year or the previous year that Bennett got suspended in the playoffs for boarding one of the tampa players too, it’s what Bennett does.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tavares simply refuses to score

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs just crushing these guys except for the whole goal scoring thing

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matthews' shot off the wing was pathetic. Is his wrist ever going to heal?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is brutal.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand how the Leafs haven't tied this up yet they've had so many good chances.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

That replay of Bunting getting cross-checked in the neck by Bennett is wild, anybody else in the league takes that it’s a penalty 10/10 times

The front of the net is anything goes in the playoffs. A huge reason why the Habs went to the finals 2 years ago was their gigantic d-men mauling guys with impunity

The cross check was called as a penalty, it was the body slam on knies behind the net that Bennett got away with

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Nice one mccabe

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The blocked shots out of Matt Tkachuk are just insane

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Popete posted:

I don't understand how the Leafs haven't tied this up yet they've had so many good chances.

I count four 2 on 1s? This is reminding me of the Columbus series unfortunately, they just can’t make good and every bad shift puts them in a hole.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

It's time.for Kraken Hickey Baby

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Tkachuk just plays the way that makes an announcer say it’s the right way.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

God Tavares hosed up that rush twice and there’s under three minutes left

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I will always giggle when a stick gets launched down the ice

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

The worst part is they look so much better these last 2 games compared to all except the 2nd game against tampa lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TrueChaos posted:

The worst part is they look so much better these last 2 games compared to all except the 2nd game against tampa lmao

Yeah it’s maddening, just all puck luck has completely abandoned this team

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Samsonov is the Russian Scott Sterling. Well except he lets in bad goals.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Bobs been loving insane this game

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

big, thick, hearty lmaos

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:haibrow:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This game wasn't even funny though, just underwhelming.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
loving lol

come on sweep

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Loollllll leafs.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1652504152583315456?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1652504152583315456?t=mJJdg2NCTsdMd7f71sseLg&s=19

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Right back to where they were all those years they couldn’t advance, all the big forwards can’t convert on an insane number of chances and the Lefs goalie is just a little worse than the other guy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps had to walk away from Samsonov after way to many playoff losses like that. To be fair though Bob was loving lights out, holy poo poo.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For the record they did chants for both Boston and Florida, Sportsnet just shows the one clip though

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Love that they basically ignored Matthews side of the ice for nearly the entire empty net period except for like a single one timer. Needs a wrist transplant bad

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hahaha LEAAAAAAAAAAAFS

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Played so good outside of 2 minutes in the second. Cruel.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stunned they couldnt at least tie it jesus christ

Can't believe I'm saying it but panthers are extremely lucky to have bob in net for that game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

For the record they did chants for both Boston and Florida, Sportsnet just shows the one clip though
Sportsnet knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

aejix posted:

Love that they basically ignored Matthews side of the ice for nearly the entire empty net period except for like a single one timer. Needs a wrist transplant bad

Yeah he’s a big decoy yet again, and Florida knows it.