Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I might consider making some headway if they do another double hook event but besides that I'm not going to bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

So far this is the end of the line, unless there is a requirement I don't know about re: friendship somewhere.

Borgen also dropped a new reward at 40 today. Turns out he's only 34, but thankfully loves wooden boxes so this won't take long.

I was already at 40-something with him. He gives away a :10bux:

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I saw the fish biting the other night, popped a cat's meow and went through about 200 mealworms before it expired. I got 2 gold sea crest drops and both times it was only 4x (getting up to 10x on other fish).

I'll just wait for the grab bags.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New quests dropped, I'm up to the part that requires 3500, guess I'm waiting until tomorrow since the only other way to get milk is trading.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

New quests dropped, I'm up to the part that requires 3500, guess I'm waiting until tomorrow since the only other way to get milk is trading.

Yeah I tapped out at the same time. I’m half tempted to trade for the milk because I’ll over flow tomorrow.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I tapped out at the same time. I’m half tempted to trade for the milk because I’ll over flow tomorrow.

I thought about the same thing, but who knows what the next step needs and I'm normally voiding milk if I don't need it on a particular day anyways. I'll probably dump the rest of mine into butter.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Sent a mailbox of milk. I'm maxed on butter and have 5500 milk so I should be good for the day, can't send much more though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Sent a mailbox of milk. I'm maxed on butter and have 5500 milk so I should be good for the day, can't send much more though.

Thanks I appreciate it! I’ve got a whole load of grapes for you when you get time lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks I appreciate it! I’ve got a whole load of grapes for you when you get time lol

:ohdear:

I have room for around 2000 grapes at the moment, I spent yesterday making something else for the quest line and another person has also started dumping grapes on me. :stare:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Not only are there new May 4th quests, but there's also a new quest(line?) that puts us right the gently caress on back into Corn Jail.

Could be easy? I dunno.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

:ohdear:

I have room for around 2000 grapes at the moment, I spent yesterday making something else for the quest line and another person has also started dumping grapes on me. :stare:

Yeah that's me dumping my extra grapes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

widespread posted:

Not only are there new May 4th quests, but there's also a new quest(line?) that puts us right the gently caress on back into Corn Jail.

Could be easy? I dunno.

More like potato jail. Those batteries need 8k potatoes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

mrmcd posted:

More like potato jail. Those batteries need 8k potatoes.

... gently caress, you're right. :stonk:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I made it through to Corn of Interest Part 4 before running out of potatoes. Each of the help requests requires another load of the same stuff.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

Yeah that's me dumping my extra grapes.

Thanks!

Not too bad on the quests. So far I need to make beets and this stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Double posting, get your borgen bucks now! Ten of them opened this up.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
T-T-TRIPLE POST. Trying not to use imgur so I am limited to one picture per post.

:smugdog: Members only.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Glad I didn't sell my potato batteries while mastering them. Just need to wait until tomorrow when I can buy the puzzle piece with Soap.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

ah, the thread title rings true again

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Gahhh. Why couldn't this feature come out on a Wednesday? I don't want to dump tens of thousands of ancient coins into the wheel.

Edit: New farm supply upgrades for more cows and chickens. Reasonably priced, too.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 4, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So it’s 1,000,000 AC spent for the puzzle piece with Borgan bucks and they didn’t want to include past spent AC because that would devalue “Borgan Bucks”

I ground out about 650 vault clears for the achievement at 350 AC for each additional attempt means I would have only earned about 23 Borgan Bucks

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I'm doing more Vaults recently because of the entry fee to the Borgen Club.

Also thank gently caress I was already grinding out Potatoes for a gold one. Now I don't have to sacrifice... Not yet anyway.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

There are 31 of those quests. Yea, that means 30k potato batteries. Yea, that means 240k potatoes. Yea, that means 240k transistors.

That isn’t even counting the engines, or the corn oil.

Good luck!!!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

There are 31 of those quests. Yea, that means 30k potato batteries. Yea, that means 240k potatoes. Yea, that means 240k transistors.

Good luck!!!

Lol amazing. Guess I won't worry about speed running it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fish at pirate’s cove for large chests 03 to get corn, and at the forest pond for grab bags 01 for taters

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

Good luck!!!

Holy crap. I think that one can just sit there with the 5000 gold sea crests one and the one that demands five trillion bucks for a while

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol another corn quest chain

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

We don't even get a Taco recipe either :sigh:

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

the one that demands five trillion bucks for a while

That's supposedly part one of two that both require 5T, and you don't get anything useful out of it. But yeah none of these are time-limited so I don't see any reason to rush them.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

At the end of this long rear end chain you unlock the ability to have oak drop from sawmill. But idk, I don’t really need oak (only non GM’d oak recipe I have left is Canoe). Also apparently it’s very expensive, to the tune of 7bn for 100/hour. At that cost I probably won’t even upgrade it, a few taps on Whispering Creek gets me plenty.

Really what I recommend you all do now is take advantage of the market. You can get 50 AP or 250-300 OJ for selling 1k potatoes in trade chat. That’s ludicrous and certainly won’t last. Since the quest chain isn’t time locked I would just sell potatoes to the market now and worry about completing the chain once things cool down again.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Doesn’t seem like a great reward. Surely anyone at the stage where this quest is a thing doesn’t need another source of oak. If I couldn’t give it to Beatrix I’d be voiding tons of it every day.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah, I'm out of easy uses for wood and boards once I finish up my rope needs for the day. Give us a mushroom farm upgrade to the cows. 10bn for a decent amount of mushroom paste a day would be such a great upgrade.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

“Oh hey a new quest line let’s do a couple of these and see what happens oh nooooo more coooooorn :suicide:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

“Oh hey a new quest line let’s do a couple of these and see what happens oh nooooo more coooooorn :suicide:

Gotta make those new corn growing perks worth the price of admission.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Farm RPG: The Internet Is For Corn

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

widespread posted:

Farm RPG: The Internet Is For Corn

Basically this.

I love that they are doing a Person of interest questline, but yeah. Corn jail again.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Marcus and I wound up online at the same time and now I have max grapes. Thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No problem! I wish this game had guilds or something with instant communication.

Call them co ops or something lol

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

not too shabby if you need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

rafikki posted:

not too shabby if you need it

This is really good to see. Just bought myself a few more hits. When do you think it stops becoming cost effective? I'm at 8,678 now and the next purchase would normally cost 270g on sale for 90g. I've got the 1T storehouse upgrade and a lot of good sitting around...