Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

or we could just get rid of weirdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I didn't really think it needed a thread which is why I just made a post in the misc thread there, I think it being gassed and not drawn out into a huge culture war is for the better...

That's true. I'd rather sweep this stuff out than get into a drawn out cage match over a creep's art.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Search PYF for his posts so you can destroy him.

It's tempting... I can't remember if there's a cap on how far back mods can probate or ban though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

The DeviantArt thread needed to be nuked, but it was a useful containment area for the people who can't keep their fetishes to themselves. Now they're all over the place.

Much as lowtax was an awful person, his tactic of making containment thread roach motels for creeps and then using it as a shortlist for permabans once it reached critical mass was effective.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nuns with Guns posted:

That's true. I'd rather sweep this stuff out than get into a drawn out cage match over a creep's art.

It's tempting... I can't remember if there's a cap on how far back mods can probate or ban though.

There is for probes. 2 weeks I think? Bans I don’t think there is

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Much as lowtax was an awful person, his tactic of making containment thread roach motels for creeps and then using it as a shortlist for permabans once it reached critical mass was effective.

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Lowtax. Trouble with the roach motels is that nobody paid attention to the poo poo until it started spilling over into the rest of the forums, and by that point it was already driving people away.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Lowtax. Trouble with the roach motels is that nobody paid attention to the poo poo until it started spilling over into the rest of the forums, and by that point it was already driving people away.

The problem is that people keep forgetting the permaban part.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

There is for probes. 2 weeks I think? Bans I don’t think there is

That's only for IKs iirc

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
These threads were up for years and they were in no way contained.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ban horney posting bing bang so simple

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuns with Guns posted:

Well there's one way to find out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Herpes. posted:

Yeah. I remember thinking at the time that it was the single worst goldmined thread I'd ever seen that hadn't, like, gotten goldmined as a joke or due to unintentional comedy or something like that.
can you un-goldmine a thread or does that fracture the forums multiversal database into multiple realities

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

can you un-goldmine a thread or does that fracture the forums multiversal database into multiple realities

Astral-Man: Into the Radium-Verse

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

goons are cool

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Assuming cool people talking about video games and books

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pog boyfriend in the Leper's Colony posted:

A simple 6 hour probation to 1) prevent this user from continuing to defend this in SAD, and 2) forever place this post on their permanent record. you have my permission to bring this post up if you ever get into an argument with this user... forevermore !! User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

pog boyfriend is indeed pog

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

i assume an admin can move threads

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

He's IK for the CCCC USPol thread. Who cares what they do to each other

My thoughts as well.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Harold is the Ik uspol deserves

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i assume an admin can move threads

I'm pretty sure they de-goldmined one of the more egregious AGDQ threads

TheSwizzler posted:

Harold is the Ik uspol deserves

yep, this

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
try to explain this to a third party who has never been on these Sacred Forums. just imagine how that conversation would go

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

try to explain this to a third party who has never been on these Sacred Forums. just imagine how that conversation would go

I've been in this situation before and the solution that worked 100% of the time is: don't even try.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i had a report of one of applewhite's dragon sex posts open earlier and my wife walked by my computer and was liek "what the gently caress are you reading". love this website.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

no that's really more of a chat forum. yeha you can talk about whatever. well yeah politics comes up. anyway it had this one fetish cyoa. well, more than one really. what? no sex stuff is banned. oh well you see...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

i had a report of one of applewhite's dragon sex posts open earlier and my wife walked by my computer and was liek "what the gently caress are you reading". love this website.

lmao owned

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

my wife still remembers the time I told her about Lowtax's mangosteen meltdown back in 06

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

my wife still remembers the time I told her about Lowtax's mangosteen meltdown back in 06

god it must be nice to think that's even one of the top 20 notable things of this place. I doubt she has that same appreciation for that fact.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

honey, what's a "goatse"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my wife is really not online at all but i did tell her that i got the cool and well compensated job of moderating a forum so thankfully i able to just be like "someone reported an extremely bad post, and thats it"

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

is there pushback from the GBS mods in the mod forum upset that another of their pets was hit

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

My wife saw a goatse over my shoulder and asked if it was “the rear end man again”

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the spouse telling me my posts are aids and I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Hey, the assman's in town!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
my wife's boyfriend tells me that I'm allowed to post in gbs today

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i will quickly log on to the pyf sagas thread where surely videogame discussion is prevailing, having a great run in shadows of doubt

what the gently caress

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

VostokProgram posted:

honey, what's a "goatse"

Made the mistake of trying to explain what goatse was and why it was funny to my wife one night. Got frustrated and just showed it to her. Her look of disappointment still haunts me.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Ban horney posting bing bang so simple

Never trust goons with horny.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Frank Frank posted:

Made the mistake of trying to explain what goatse was and why it was funny to my wife one night. Got frustrated and just showed it to her. Her look of disappointment still haunts me.

now I'm thinking of how disgusted my partner was telling me about howie mandel's tik tok and not being able to hold back laughter. then basically the same story as the one you just told happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

harsh lessons it is best to learn early, not later:
- never meme the wife
- never click a labelled link without hovering to see the url.