Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Shabadu posted:

I can live with rock textures and hitchy frame rate, I'm in crashes every 30ish minutes land. The autosaves make it pretty easy to just soldier on though.

I posted a fix last night that stopped all my crashes. Change the memory manager mode to fast or software in ryujinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Question - is there a good way to turn objects around exactly how you want without having to keep dropping them and picking them up again? A lot of the times I can't get an object into the right position with just the rotations available and only do it through trial and error after dropping it and picking it up again a bunch. I noticed that hitting two directions at once (like up/left or down/right) makes it turn differently, but in way that I couldn't figure out. This is fortunately mainly just an issue in the shrines, where puzzles might be involved - it's less of an issue when building stuff, where you don't generally need to turn things in weird ways.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

I posted a fix last night that stopped all my crashes. Change the memory manager mode to fast or software in ryujinx.

k going to try fast mode. This is amazing playing on the Deck through moonlight from my pc

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

Question - is there a good way to turn objects around exactly how you want without having to keep dropping them and picking them up again? A lot of the times I can't get an object into the right position with just the rotations available and only do it through trial and error after dropping it and picking it up again a bunch. I noticed that hitting two directions at once (like up/left or down/right) makes it turn differently, but in way that I couldn't figure out. This is fortunately mainly just an issue in the shrines, where puzzles might be involved - it's less of an issue when building stuff, where you don't generally need to turn things in weird ways.

You have access to all rotations without dropping and picking up. You can rotate it on the X and Z and every button press rotates it 45 degrees in that direction, so if you hit right twice your Z axis is what used to be the Y axis before you rotated it.

You generally don't need to have things at 45 degrees in most situations so if you just only ever hit one direction at a time and move it in two-press increments it's easier to grasp what's going on (and use ZL to get things "flat" if you accidentally get something rotated on a 45 degree increment)

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Wiltsghost posted:

After that fix I've noticed a reduction in crashes but not a cease. Currently on 90 minutes without one after 2 within 60, so it's probably at least somewhat system dependent.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Barreft posted:

Never use Yuzu. Use Ryujinx and RyuSAK

:actually: Ryujinx sucks so yes, use yuzu

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barreft posted:

Which patch is that?
https://nsw2u.com/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-switch-nsp-xci-nsz is probably not the right one.
60 fps/30fps in cutscenes is what got the new XB3 DLC to work without crashing.

I haven't really looked, the game engrosses me for so long I've just tried to ignore the disconnects

The one on gbatemp

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yuzi and Ryujin both handle stuff the other can't. I've kept both around to use whichever is best at the moment, especially since the most important time is right after pre release and before big release.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So you can transfer your save between both emulators?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Wiltsghost posted:

So you can transfer your save between both emulators?

Yes; right-click the game in the games list for either emulator and select Open Save Data Location and move the files inside between the two folders.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah and Switch if you modded yours up. I'm pretty sure I started Dread in one emulator and finished in the other after a patch or something.

Man underground is really cool when you can see finally see it. I'd love a hotkey to toss light grenade, keep throwing my swords.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 5, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I guess there is an even newer custom build of ryujinx that should maybe fix the crash issues? Haven't tested it yet.

E: and maybe increase performance

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 5, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

I guess there is an even newer custom build of ryujinx that should maybe fix the crash issues? Haven't tested it yet.

E: and maybe increase performance

Just changing that memory setting has me with no crashes since. So thanks for that! I'm sure I'll get one in the next 5 minutes but it's better than every 30

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

husband wanted to play totk on the switch so i went back to try and make emulating work. ryujin sucks rear end but yuzu works like a dream now. happy gaming everybody

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'm getting stumped at a shrine because I suck at Jenga.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

husband wanted to play totk on the switch so i went back to try and make emulating work. ryujin sucks rear end but yuzu works like a dream now. happy gaming everybody

Yuzi fix the save corruption and weapon fusion bugs?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ryujinx typically gets working faster, but yuzu is ultimately better

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

My favorite person is the dude holding up all the Hudson signs. That guys a dedicated team player

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
watched a video detailing all the amiibo rewards

Most of the paraglider skins are super cool and i want to get all of them, for style points. Happy that all the outfits are back + some new ones, slightly sad that the weapons aren't (i understand why, but also, i love the bow of light), and very sad that wolf link is no more.

First they remove him from Animal Crossing, now from his own series.... :negative:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Barreft posted:

My favorite person is the dude holding up all the Hudson signs. That guys a dedicated team player

He owns because 99% of my solutions are worse than him tying a bunch of random boards to the post

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The latest hacked together Ryujinx version works much better for me than Yuzu, audio issues and white rock textures aside. Just a rock solid 30 fps with zero crashes, and the depths work on it now so I see no reason to go back to Yuzu. It kept triggering some sort of memory leak after like 30 minutes of play that made it run like poo poo.

In short, when in doubt, try both emulators.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh poo poo, I've been playing in handheld mode this whole time. 2K docked looks so nice. I'm also on that new version of ryu with the crash setting changed and this is running great.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah the hacked ryujin has run perfect for me all night. No crashes at all. Got them every hour or two before.

I just did the Wind Temple and oh man I loved that boss fight. Dungeon went smooth, the journey there was fun. I had to backtrack once in the dungeon because I blanked on what to do at the dungeon gimmick object, then figured it out my second one I got to.

Doing a BanjoKazooie gutball slam through a bosses torso 3 times in a fight wasn't on my list of expectations, that was a blast. Two cycling the whole boss fight seems possible if you were 100% speedrunning. Best of the worm bosses in Zelda franchise so far haha.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah that boss is a classic example of exceeding low expectations. It's not anything fancy but you kinda expect the worst when it's revealed. I will say it had some nice music too

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Barreft posted:

Which patch is that?
[LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
60 fps/30fps in cutscenes is what got the new XB3 DLC to work without crashing.

I haven't really looked, the game engrosses me for so long I've just tried to ignore the disconnects

MOD POST

Just a warning that linking directly to pirated stuff is still against the rules. Sorry, just shre in PMs or something.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

edit: okay i upgraded my glider

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 5, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You have access to all rotations without dropping and picking up. You can rotate it on the X and Z and every button press rotates it 45 degrees in that direction, so if you hit right twice your Z axis is what used to be the Y axis before you rotated it.

You generally don't need to have things at 45 degrees in most situations so if you just only ever hit one direction at a time and move it in two-press increments it's easier to grasp what's going on (and use ZL to get things "flat" if you accidentally get something rotated on a 45 degree increment)

Ah, somehow I was never able to figure this out. Probably because I have abysmal spatial skills.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

MOD POST

Just a warning that linking directly to pirated stuff is still against the rules. Sorry, just shre in PMs or something.

good post and av combo

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 5, 2023

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

Yeah the hacked ryujin has run perfect for me all night. No crashes at all. Got them every hour or two before.

I just did the Wind Temple and oh man I loved that boss fight. Dungeon went smooth, the journey there was fun. I had to backtrack once in the dungeon because I blanked on what to do at the dungeon gimmick object, then figured it out my second one I got to.

Doing a BanjoKazooie gutball slam through a bosses torso 3 times in a fight wasn't on my list of expectations, that was a blast. Two cycling the whole boss fight seems possible if you were 100% speedrunning. Best of the worm bosses in Zelda franchise so far haha.

That's what you're meant to do? I used arrows from underneath. I used my last fire arrow to break the final one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GOAT

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CJ posted:

That's what you're meant to do? I used arrows from underneath. I used my last fire arrow to break the final one.

Yeah the pads look pretty much like all the ice surfaces you're meant to break from exploring and on the way up to dungeon. Smash right through the bastard

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

miyamoto was picturing this the 1980s and only now has the technology evolved to a point where it could be made reality

i really hope when the inevitable lawsuit against the leaker happens this is exhibit a

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Shabadu posted:

These are fun little open ended puzzles.
find a way to shade the thorns blocking the door from the rain and then Apply Fire

I did this and it still didn't work with fused arrows and had to go about this with a different method that was way stupider and pissed me off on top of the hint you gave. (I struggled with this puzzle on/off for like an hour last night)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you're wondering if there's a cool prize for completing the advance flight course: No, just 300 rupees. Also it's super easy if you go left instead of right.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

watched a video detailing all the amiibo rewards

Oh, where was that video? I've been trying to track down pics of the gliders and any new amiibo unlocks, but haven't had much luck finding more than a couple pics.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it on Youtube.

glitchwraith fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 5, 2023

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

glitchwraith posted:

Oh, where was that video? I've been trying to track down pics of the gliders and any new amiibo unlocks, but haven't had much luck finding more than a couple pics.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I found it on Youtube.

I was thinking about going through them and making a list, but it seems that the unlocks are tied to game progression?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I used 1 of every Zelda amiibo and got a few gliders and some hero pants l. I only got to use them once bc bug and was on the 2nd night playing so hadn't progressed much.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

Yeah the pads look pretty much like all the ice surfaces you're meant to break from exploring and on the way up to dungeon. Smash right through the bastard

I never realised they were ice from the top, i was trying to keep below him so thought he was only weak from below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Tyma posted:

I was thinking about going through them and making a list, but it seems that the unlocks are tied to game progression?

None of the amiibo poo poo (the one time special armour and stuff i mean) you got in botw can be unlocked by amiibos in totk, they are all in the base game (dlcs included) now as chest rewards (unsure tho if wolf link or the xenoblade set is in there tho, they might be gone for good tbh, same with the bike but dont let that deter you, game is huge, could be people just havent found them yet)

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 5, 2023