Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Do I have to finish Inazuma before I can start sumera?

You need to finish the Inazuma archon/story quests before the Sumeru quests will trigger, but you can just walk there if you want to fight the domains or character ascension mat bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

I'm not exactly hearing people singing praises of Baizhu since he released. He does off-field dendro application - is that not good?

baizhu is one of the best units in the game. hes just very boring.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
They also picked the worst possible time to release him, because everyone's busy playing Star Rail instead.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

baizhu is one of the best units in the game. hes just very boring.

The worst crime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FractalSandwich posted:

They also picked the worst possible time to release him, because everyone's busy playing Star Rail instead.

It doesn't take hours to hit the roll button

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

It doesn't take hours to hit the roll button
It does to level him up and get a chance to play with him properly, though, especially if you didn't prefarm.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Endorph posted:

They just can't do it. Like I said, the best way of doing this would be to create a character that alters crystallize like how Nilou alters bloom, not changing Geo's reactions themselves.

That's functionally the same as Itto - now you have a dedicated team for X and that's the only place geo reactions matter. Even then they'd have to either turn crystallize into a ZL shield or ditch the entire theme and make it affect damage somehow. Now you've broken the game again in some way and... yeah they're stuck.

Sanctum posted:

I'm not exactly hearing people singing praises of Baizhu since he released. He does off-field dendro application - is that not good?

He's good at what he does, but most people seem to consider him a Yaoyao upgrade and that's not terribly interesting. Doesn't have Nahida's constant barrage of dendro and will require a second dendro in the party to keep up. If I wasn't planning a team specifically with him involved it would have been a miss. Healers don't exactly command a premium purely for healing ability.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hyperbloom damage is so high that adding a healer for survivability is honestly more valuable than piling on even more damage. but as you said yaoyao already exists.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You need to finish the Inazuma archon/story quests before the Sumeru quests will trigger, but you can just walk there if you want to fight the domains or character ascension mat bosses.

Thanks and... fuckkk......

I've got a long way to go.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Playing this because of Starrail, and I gotta say: this is making me wish Breath of the Wild had PC controls like this. They're so comfortable and it's so much fun to run around and solve puzzles.

Also the beginner banner gave me Sayu and she's SO CUTE I'm adopting her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sayu's also very nice to have because she's both a healer and also her roll is extremely good for traveling around

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And yeah Baizhu is... about what he looks like. An absolute boatload of healing, a fair bit of shielding/stagger resistance with his burst, and decent (but not exceptional) dendro application off field with both skill and burst. There's just... nothing to really talk about. Yaoyao can fill a similar healer/reaction role if not quite as well, Nahida is better for off-field reactions, and so on but none combo it all together the same way. He's... Fine. If there's anything damning it's that he's kind of in the same position Jean is, a really excellent skillset but one that doesn't stand out against more specialized picks. :effort:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Sanctum posted:

changsheng is very cute and that's what's important

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

The worst part about this team is it'll be months before I farm enough shrooms to get everyone up to spec. I thought I had won the lottery already having great artifacts and suitable weapons but then welp.

Asimo posted:

If there's anything damning it's that he's kind of in the same position Jean is, a really excellent skillset but one that doesn't stand out against more specialized picks. :effort:

Jean is a real heartbreaker. I have her at C3, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. She's such a fundamentally good character but outside of Xiao she just doesn't have a home. :/

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Baizhu's pretty boring but he's a healer with full uptime dendro infusion and no strict requirements for unbroken field time. So you can use any 3 of genshin's horribly broken off-fielders to their full potential.

I use Baizhu/Xingqiu/Raiden, and then the 4th has been Kazuha as a raw crowd control bot, Rosaria as a freezer to deal with annoying enemies like the hydro animals, and Yelan as a bigger gun. Probably Beidou is good too as an AoE option when you're up against the floor 12 beasts and want even MORE damage reduction, or when you have to use Yelan instead of Xingqiu because you want to spread out the damage resistance. People thought he was gonna struggle in AoE but I've legitimately not noticed anything? You use him on the side with less AoE focus and you kill all the enemies by walking up to them individually and slapping them to death with your 3-digit damage normals while stuff happens around you. Fun...?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I wonder if Baizhu will get re-evaluated like Kokomi has. I think people in general under rate comfort, and being loving invincible while providing dendro is a pretty good comfort option to have. Though the delay on his E is kind of annoying so maybe not.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
My impression of Baizhu is that he's Dendro Zhongli/Kokomi, but less convenient since he's more dependent on his burst (and thus, ER). Also doesn't have the option of being a damage dealer like them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

My impression of Baizhu is that he's Dendro Zhongli/Kokomi, but less convenient since he's more dependent on his burst (and thus, ER). Also doesn't have the option of being a damage dealer like them.
yeah, but hes better because hes dendro

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

I dropped destiny 2 to play both. But I'm still way behind on star rail (only level 50) because of free time issues.

Honestly I like how Chinese games seem to value my time.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Asimo posted:

I know the event minigames have been hit or miss for folks but I loved the hell out of Project Connectivity, even if I imagine playing on KB+M helps there. Pretty much the opposite of my deaf-rear end experience with the rhythm game last time, I got this one pretty easily. Case in point: on the final challenge how many objects do you think you need to clear it?

Seems like the answer is "two".

The route there is hop on pole and get to the top of the gazebo pinnacle, glide over to your 1st/West rock and climb up, then just work your way clockwise using the floating island to get between the remaining pillars; you can just barely reach the bottom of the island from the 2nd/northwest checkpoint and the bottom of the 4th/northeast checkpoint rock with a running jump from the top of the island.

I'm pretty sure you can't reduce the amount required below that since you need 1) a way to get to the gazebo even if if only to cling to a leg and climb up to the pinnacle, and 2) you'll need something to get to the third and fourth waypoints since they're higher than the gazebo spire and I used the cheapest options I could to fulfill each. Could probably swap the pole for the small stump to save a point but this was easier, and using the big floating island piece bugs me a bit but I can't honestly think of a replacement that wouldn't require more items, cost more points, or most likely both. A single spring mushroom or the four leaf sigil at the top of the gazebo could handle it but that would cost twice as much or more than the island. Could maybe save five points swapping the pole for the small stump? :shrug:

I almost kind of wish there were a few more stages to mess around with but I imagine Hoyo will want to reuse the housing mechanics for gimmick minigame stuff whenever they can.

I did both stages 2+3 using 2 objects a bouncy mushroom at the start point and a 4 leaf cover high up roughly in the middle. Bounce up to the middle and use the high clover to glide to reach each one

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kinda happy I don't gel with Baizhu, since Yae is on the next banner

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Eimi posted:

I wonder if Baizhu will get re-evaluated like Kokomi has. I think people in general under rate comfort, and being loving invincible while providing dendro is a pretty good comfort option to have. Though the delay on his E is kind of annoying so maybe not.
I don't think he really needs re-evaluation, he's really good out of the box because he can on-field and give decent application for hyperbloom or off-field and give more than sufficient application for aggravate and he's the only nilou shielder. Like he already fits cleanly into comps for every usable dendro reaction and as a bonus totally fixes cyno. And this is with some of the best utility in the game with his qiqi-tier healing AND his shield mechanic. I like him and think his shield mechanic is cool btw, and I do agree that some of the people who own him who say they're not that into him will start leaning on him more. His E lag actually feels kind of nice when you E -> burst.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 5, 2023

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Uh, turns out you can only have 9999 mystic enhancement ores. Getting this error message like 10 times a day is going to be greeeat.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Convert them into wood in the teapot (50 per type of wood per week), and also you can throw them into the cooking accelerator for processed ingredients.

Edit: Oh wait you mean the actual weapon exp ones. Find some weapons to level up. You must have something in your inventory at this point that would make a nice alternate for someone (or potentially be good for a future character).

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 5, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can also just trash them if you don't feel like leveling weapons. I've never used the trash button but I guess it can be handy there. I have 70 level 90 weapons so I'm still not at max ore.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oh hey there's a trash button! Cheers.

Levelling up weapons would probably be better, but I'd have to farm for the other mats first.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Weapon mats are some of the fastest to farm though? Like I think it only takes me 2 days of condensed resin to go 1-80+. You do you, it just seems like a waste when there's so many real time limits on how fast you can earn exp for weapons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

I wonder if Baizhu will get re-evaluated like Kokomi has. I think people in general under rate comfort, and being loving invincible while providing dendro is a pretty good comfort option to have.

Comfort doesn't apply to dps checks. Koko got fairly bashed out of the gate. After a rework on corrosion and a new artifact set she got popular. I don't think snakeman really needs that - he's perfectly good for bloom teams. He's not a great solo off-field dendro bot, but that's ok. He's not exciting like a mistake character is and he doesn't break the game or reveal some broken thing. He just does what he does and it works in certain teams. It's not like his abyss is openly mocking him the way Kokomi's was.

Space Opera posted:

Weapon mats are some of the fastest to farm though? Like I think it only takes me 2 days of condensed resin to go 1-80+. You do you, it just seems like a waste when there's so many real time limits on how fast you can earn exp for weapons.

I've also hit the limit and if not for a bunch of new weapons suddenly required I'd be trashing stuff also. You get [/so many/] from doing normal stuff and you'll eventually hit the same point. Sure you can level up a bunch of trash to 90 by spending resin but... why?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Corrosion and Clam were not the reevaluation joints for Kokomi except for people looking to backpedal when they hadn't properly appraised her after the ICD buff between beta and live patch. I suppose at the speed this moves through the community you can give some weight to needing more evidence in favor to finally drown out misinfo but the support was there for her on release.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 5, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Everything that makes her a great character now was present at release. The clam stuff is just luxury.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

all i remember of early kokomi is that people took one look at "cannot crit" and immediately disregarded her as dogshit garbage and then it turned out that didnt matter in the slightest

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Everyone agrees she was a good fit for (Ayaka) freeze and at this point most people feel that sukokomon isnt a realistic comp. How you felt about kokomi mostly hinged on your opinion of kokomi taser.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 5, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Doing the event sidequest I can't help but feel Doris JP VA has just done a total improve job on the script. Like when your game has Rie Tanaka and T.M Revolution voice acting in it and they aren't the ones chewing the most scenery and in fact not even close.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Obligatory complaint that the JP dub has Aoi Yuuki cast for a character with a grand total of something like 2 short paragraphs of spoken dialog so far, and not a single hot-blooded scream/shout in the entire thing.

For reference (may be considered mildly nsfw). It's a completely baffling decision on hoyo's part.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Yeah the Koko slander had a lot to do with people heavily overrating 5* onfield hypercarries, and underrating teams with multiple damage sources, most of whom were 4*. This was right at around the time where people had mostly identified the strong enablers and buffers but didn't really have enough resources to raise tons of characters all at once. And the big teams that best took advantage of this were Ayaka freeze and Rational (people didn't realize this was a main dps Xiangling team with Raiden just being a driver and enabler lol). So the only use people saw for her was as Mona sidegrade in freeze. But Koko taser was always good. Sometimes BiS, too, like when the abyss dogs showed up.

I do appreciate clam set, though. Sometimes I gotta burst with her as an emergeny heal and she ends up killing like 4 ruin drakes accidentally lmao

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Obligatory complaint that the JP dub has Aoi Yuuki cast for a character with a grand total of something like 2 short paragraphs of spoken dialog so far, and not a single hot-blooded scream/shout in the entire thing.

For reference (may be considered mildly nsfw). It's a completely baffling decision on hoyo's part.
She's just in Madoka Mode, that's all. The protagonist being the least interesting character is part of the package.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

omg omg omg I did a ten roll on the fancy banner and while I didn't get the doctor, I still got LUCKY

I have no idea who these guys are but!!! Excited!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

StrixNebulosa posted:

omg omg omg I did a ten roll on the fancy banner and while I didn't get the doctor, I still got LUCKY

Pro-tip - Make sure you do the "Trial" event every time the roll over. It gives you the materials needed for the first ascension of each character.

Take every character you have to level 20 and ascend them. It'll give you a free wish on the standard banner. (You get a free wish every odd numbered ascension - so 1/3/5)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo this event poo poo takes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

kaveh is a claymore character who makes his claymore hit with dendro element, candace is a hydro character who makes the active character's attacks hit with hydro element. infusion stuff can be a bit gimmicky but it has its place