Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Log082 posted:

You're confusing the hyperloop and the boring tunnel thing. the hyperloop is the fast capsules in a vacuum tube, that is better than high speed rail because, uh, reasons. I don't think elon ever tried to build a hyperloop, he just put the "idea" out there and then a few startups of gullible idiots tried to make it work. The boring company thing is teslas self driving (lol) through tunnels, that's better than the subway because poors can't use it.

You're not wrong that they both loving suck, I just want to point out that elon musk has two different projects where he invented mass transit, but worse in every possible way.

The tunnel was originally pitched as something closer to the Hyperloop, as a proof of concept. But bc Elon didn't care to execute what he promised, and Boring Company didn't actually know how to do it, over time they made more concessions to reality and it became the stupid theme park ride it is.

It was one stupid transit idea that became two out of laziness and mismanagement.

goatface posted:

The same contract, probably. They just completely changed the spec after it was signed.

This yes

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I watched a Common Sense Sceptic video the other day that pointed out "orders of magnitude" is a lovely catchphrase of his and he obviously doesn't know what it means

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The tunnel was originally pitched as something closer to the Hyperloop, as a proof of concept. But bc Elon didn't care to execute what he promised, and Boring Company didn't actually know how to do it, over time they made more concessions to reality and it became the stupid theme park ride it is.

It was one stupid transit idea that became two out of laziness and mismanagement.

This yes

1000 years after elons death, which will be 975 years after everyone forgot him and his death, archaeologists are going to uncover the tunnels and assume it was some kind of weird ritual thing because they would assume no civilization is dumb enough to make it

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Robo Reagan posted:

1000 years after elons death, which will be 975 years after everyone forgot him and his death, archaeologists are going to uncover the tunnels and assume it was some kind of weird ritual thing because they would assume no civilization is dumb enough to make it

Slowly driving a Tesla through the Las Vegas Hyperloop tunnel is a religious pilgrimage for the most devoted blue checks.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Slowly driving a Tesla through the Las Vegas Hyperloop tunnel is a religious pilgrimage for the most devoted blue checks.

Yeah but look at the colours. You don't get that in a normal tunnel do you.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Roblo posted:

Yeah but look at the colours. You don't get that in a normal tunnel do you.

The virgin Vegas hyperloop vs the chad Lærdal Tunnel

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The Vegas tunnel is absolutely worthless in every conceivable way and is going to be filled with concrete within 10 years' time

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

The virgin Vegas hyperloop vs the chad Lærdal Tunnel

I'm sorry, but that's the Vallavik Tunnel on Rv7, and not Lærdal tunnel which is on E16. People sometimes mix up these two as they are both east-west connecting tunnels in Norway with blue lights inside. But they are on different routes, and Lærdal tunnel doesn't have any roundabouts inside, which the Vallavik does.

Here is a picture of Lærdal tunnel:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Devils Affricate posted:

The Vegas tunnel is absolutely worthless in every conceivable way and is going to be filled with concrete burned out Tesla husks within 10 years' time

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

fish and chips and dip posted:

I'm sorry, but that's the Vallavik Tunnel on Rv7, and not Lærdal tunnel which is on E16. These two somtimes get confused with each other as they are both east-west connecting tunnels in Norway with blue lights inside. But Lærdal tunnel doesn't have any roundabouts inside, which the Vallavik does.

Virgin Lærdal Tunnel vs. Chad Vallavik Tunnel

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

I'm sorry, but that's the Vallavik Tunnel on Rv7, and not Lærdal tunnel which is on E16. People sometimes mix up these two as they are both east-west connecting tunnels in Norway with blue lights inside. But they are on different routes, and Lærdal tunnel doesn't have any roundabouts inside, which the Vallavik does.

Still owns, Norwegians are good at digging big tunnels.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So who just hit 88 mph in there?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Has anyone else been having an issue with Twitter sending push notifications to their phone about tweets made by right wing assholes that you do not follow? First it was Tate, and now I keep getting push notifications for that Matt Wallace oval office. And when I block the person, it just moves onto the next one.

Also keep getting them for Elon Musk tweets.

It isn't even for a twitter account that a use anymore.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crispix posted:

i hope to gently caress daddy

Why would you post something like this in a public forum

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1654324102415482880

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

jadebullet posted:

Has anyone else been having an issue with Twitter sending push notifications to their phone about tweets made by right wing assholes that you do not follow? First it was Tate, and now I keep getting push notifications for that Matt Wallace oval office. And when I block the person, it just moves onto the next one.

My wife got a Tate one yesterday, why Twitter would think a black woman in her 40s would be interested in that is beyond me.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Well...no poo poo. But if we don't do something in the short term then it's a bigger problem in the long term isn't it. What a completely meaningless statement.

I guess I should be happy that at least he knows it's an issue overall, but it's musk so I won't give him the benefit of the doubt as he's a loving moron. Probably just a reason to sell more cars or "escape to mars" or some poo poo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You should be able to disable push notifications for suggestions and promotions but if Twitter is anything like FB or ig they will just randomly "forget" and reset your settings

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

jadebullet posted:

Are you saying that twitter is like buzzing your phone with any old garbage, and you havent disallowed notifications?

jeezus I swear in the smart phone age push notifications gotta be among the most cancerous things in existence, its like having a videogame tutorial character for every app, able to push its head into your existence and say whatever the gently caress whenever the gently caress it wants

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if i want to browse twitter on my phone I just use the browser. No notifications plus ublock origin

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Melbourne's Burnley Tunnel just had some funky new lights installed to help traffic keep pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqaOBEppeHw

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You should be able to disable push notifications for suggestions and promotions but if Twitter is anything like FB or ig they will just randomly "forget" and reset your settings

Yeah, there's an option to disable notifications for people you don't follow. So far, it seems to be working and remembering the setting.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So now that he's claimed to want his own AI startup - it's been at least a couple of months since he talked about it, so have the remaining hardcore coders done a "complete rewrite of the brittle code stack" at T(w)itter ? Or is that one more project that's been thrown in the back of a cybertruck and forgotten.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
That's it

I'm done

I'm putting an end to this sad man's buffoonery

I'm buyin Twitter

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wonder if he'd take an offer of $42069 just to be done with it all

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Binary Logic posted:

So now that he's claimed to want his own AI startup - it's been at least a couple of months since he talked about it, so have the remaining hardcore coders done a "complete rewrite of the brittle code stack" at T(w)itter ? Or is that one more project that's been thrown in the back of a cybertruck and forgotten.

He's got one already, what the gently caress do you think his lovely robots will be operating on.
By 'AI Startup' he doesn't mean an actual Cyberdyne or Boston Robotics company.
He means some website chat AI that people can interact with so he can get more attention and shower him with praise that it got 'Hitler was correct all along' opinions.

It's all bait and switch, plate juggling, distractions to hide how much he isn't advancing mankind.
He may set up a new company to reap in all the tax deductions and subsidies he can get from stupid states or countries.
And he loves doing demos on stage with crappy faked effects, so prepare for him to be doing 2013 memes next year to a powerpoint presentation he pretends is the AI.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oops! bought in with the "destroy the planet as fast as possible" set while building my fortune off electric cars!! silly me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Renreeja posted:

Are you saying that twitter is like buzzing your phone with any old garbage, and you havent disallowed notifications?

jeezus I swear in the smart phone age push notifications gotta be among the most cancerous things in existence, its like having a videogame tutorial character for every app, able to push its head into your existence and say whatever the gently caress whenever the gently caress it wants

Hey! Listen!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

guy loves the phrase "orders of magnitude" so freakin much

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Freaquency posted:

Hey! Listen!

Holy crap I forgot how much I hated that thing in Zelda lol

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1654242916729241601

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

poisonpill posted:

Order of magnitude is very popular with sciencey stylized managers because people got tired of hearing "step change" and no one would ever take "quantum leap" seriously again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

poisonpill posted:

And you can tell he doesn't use it professional or he'd be slipping into OOM

If you are going to use OOM please also use Scientific notation for these large numbers as it directly shows this.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1654183141605625860

lol star wars lol im a nerd just like you *posts picture 100% unrelated to star wars*

Whose kid is that

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Whose kid is that

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257925244733452290

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Watching two people so dumb play off each other, it's incredible. Like the yin and yang of stupid.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Great in battle but nonviolent is making me irrationally mad for whatever reason.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
We taking bets on what this kid is changing their name to in later life or what?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Great in battle but nonviolent is making me irrationally mad for whatever reason.

Right!!! I don't know why but god I hate her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

do you think they purposely had the kid on the star wars date?