Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

I used to be a huge Star Wars fan. Went all in on the books, loved the movies, all of it. These last 10 years there's been so much Star Wars that I'm literally fatigued by it. I just can't anymore.

Burned out on both star wars and marvel before the pandemic even hit, I hear ya.

The new dc movie verse got announced with 2 to 3 movies a year and it felt like a threat more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

star drek

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Star Trek Elite Force was a fairly decent FPS and there was at least one point and click adventure that was good I think

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bone emulator posted:

Star Trek Elite Force was a fairly decent FPS and there was at least one point and click adventure that was good I think
25th anniversary is great, especially the talkie version. a lot of people gloss over judgement rites but that one is pretty good also. even the TNG one, a final unity, is not, the worst adventure game I've ever played

i'm looking at the list of star trek video games again and I think the hit rate is, a lot higher than people think. there's some garbage in there but by and large, they're mostly fairly good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Isn't there a trek game coming out this year? I forget the name. Like an adventure thing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

External Organs posted:

Isn't there a trek game coming out this year? I forget the name. Like an adventure thing.
*taps the op*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

*taps the op*

that's no help, you don't know what this game is

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Star Trek: The Next Generation on NES has neat pixel art :)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

homeless snail posted:

*taps the op*

Oh wow, right in the middle of All The Games coming out

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Star Trek Resurgence is set to come out this year and looks actually good?

It appears to be a Telltale style adventure game with a 90s Star Trek vibe.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

that's no help, you don't know what this game is
I, at a later time, discovered what the game was

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

bone emulator posted:

Star Trek Resurgence is set to come out this year and looks actually good?

It appears to be a Telltale style adventure game with a 90s Star Trek vibe.

Apparently it comes out the 23rd! Of this month! Lmao.

I may buy it and play through it bit by bit with my wife as a nightly week or two long Star Trek thing. That could be fun, maybe?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Case of the Golden Idol just released some dlc, 3 new cases. I'm stuck on the second one right now, it seems much more difficult than any case in the base game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

The Case of the Golden Idol just released some dlc, 3 new cases. I'm stuck on the second one right now, it seems much more difficult than any case in the base game.

Yeah the second case is a beast, it's really good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I managed to solve the DLC cases all on my own :kiddo: I still don't understand the code in the second case though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I look forward to playing it tonight :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

EXTREMELY MAJOR "THE CASE OF THE GOLDEN IDOL" (base game) SPOILERS:
it wasn't until the last case (not including the epilogue) that i realized who lazarus was, man there were so so so so many clues before that (he's named fuckin "lazarus") and i felt like a big dummy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

sirtommygunn posted:

haha same. i got thru the first one p quick and was worried the DLC would be too short. legit glad to be stuck on the second one

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Jay Rust posted:

EXTREMELY MAJOR "THE CASE OF THE GOLDEN IDOL" (base game) SPOILERS:
it wasn't until the last case (not including the epilogue) that i realized who lazarus was, man there were so so so so many clues before that (he's named fuckin "lazarus") and i felt like a big dummy
(Continuation of extremely major spoilers)
Oh man, same. It was so obvious in retrospect and yet I somehow didn't realize it until I saw the E.C. monogram in Lazarus' tent.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I've been looking at some Case of the Golden Idol screens and I think I want to play this game

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I, at a later time, discovered what the game was

so what is it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bone emulator posted:

I've been looking at some Case of the Golden Idol screens and I think I want to play this game

It's short but very neat

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bone emulator posted:

it's real good! solved that same logic itch Obra Dinn did for me. just as a 2D mad lib versus 3D.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
its art and music are top notch too

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what is the Case of the Golden Idol, this seems to have passed me by entirely?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Excellent Obra Dinn-style adventure/mystery/puzzle game but point-and-click

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Someone didn't read the GOTY thread smh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Someone didn't read the GOTY thread smh

sorry i forgot the 37th most popular game last year

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And there it is, got the last S ranks I was missing in Cruelty Squad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiuQ3uIgxfQ

I made a playlist of all my hardmode S-rank runs, if yall are interested in the stuff you have to get up to to 100% this game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it is so good. i dont normally by dlc on first release... i like my sales deeper... but i pickedthis one up day 1. inject those puzzles straight into my veins

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

A game that is not on Gamepass so I added to my Steam wishlist this morning!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I will begin my investigation!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dabir posted:

And there it is, got the last S ranks I was missing in Cruelty Squad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiuQ3uIgxfQ

I made a playlist of all my hardmode S-rank runs, if yall are interested in the stuff you have to get up to to 100% this game.

Nice, I want to go back and finish up all the "side" content sometime too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I will begin my investigation!

This reminds me I still need to play The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry i forgot the 37th most popular game last year

As you should be

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My next backlog game is Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster. This is the first time I have played this Final Fantasy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

I managed to solve the DLC cases all on my own :kiddo: I still don't understand the code in the second case though

It is definitely a very weird code: It's literally just "There is one word in each line that in some way connects to the relevant image. Take the first letter of each of those words to spell the message." So the lion for the tutorial code and then the devil for the one you have to work out yourself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

the unicorn started writing me letters so i could help him with his problems.

i asked him how he is writing the letters and he called me a buffoon

lol

like anyone uses cursive anymore

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

internet gaming discourse is getting wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the FFXVI haters and doubters are being their normal selves, I see