Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

EorayMel posted:

Is there the possibility that Wagner will pull shitheads from other operations in Africa to shore up all the losses Russia suffered in Ukraine?

I think it's the opposite: guys making no progress in Ukraine are going to be sent to Africa where they don't get annihilated by artillery in echeloned infantry advances over open ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
How does the command structure work for Wagner troops? I assume that they have low-level officers of their own but that at some point up the chain there's a Russian military official overseeing their actions. Do they enjoy less oversight in Africa, and if so is it because Russia simply doesn't care as much about what Wagner does there so long as they deliver results?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

IMO as totally illegitimate non state actors, Wagner's Afrika Korps should be subject to random predator drone attacks from a blue sky for counterterrorism purposes.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Another air raid alert going on in Ukraine.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Also, Wagner's afrika corps are the most loyal and elite. Their replacements are hand picked from the Ukraine fronts survivors.

You know, run a few human wave tactics and survive, then you get to retire to subjugating Africans like any Russian dreams of.

So no. They are not going to reduce the Africa holdings. They will however need new holdings to concrete power outside of Russia. As the fall is coming and prigohzin knows it.

So yes, quote possibly Ukraine has won the Bakhmut annihilation battle.

What COULD be the most effective counter attack lane would be Ukraine launches on the 10th and shocks the front lines as Wagner is retreating and Russian regular army is taking up their positions. Russia is bad at strategic planning and company level organization. Ukraine could use that confusion to create a cauldron. With wagnerites trying to leave, Russian regulars trying to stop them, and then firefights sparking between those belligerents.

We are in for a wild loving time over the next week.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Tigey posted:

Is it Gonzalo Lira?

If it was, I'm ready for a three hour video of Lazerpig laughing uncontrollably.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654486451667578891
Pigozhin had better go back to begging for ammo if he's losing even what he has left.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mllaneza posted:

If it was, I'm ready for a three hour video of Lazerpig laughing uncontrollably.

It turns out it was him.
https://twitter.com/DylanBurns1776/status/1654483659003445251

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh man, I can hear lazerpig right now

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Whoville looking motherfucker.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:byewhore:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/nakipeloua/status/1654481158917218314?t=EtNr7XtxAJvSpLImhlcqnQ&s=33

*pats arm*

Welcome to Ukraine

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Holy poo poo what a timeline :laffo:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Calling for the death of Ukranian civilians while being surrounded by Ukranian civilians is a bad idea, it seems.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

McGavin posted:

Whoville looking motherfucker.

got that "something about mary" hairstyle down pat

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Strategic Tea posted:

IMO as totally illegitimate non state actors, Wagner's Afrika Korps should be subject to random predator drone attacks from a blue sky for counterterrorism purposes.

This happened somewhat recently right? I can’t remember the details now or even where it was but there was an incident where the US minced a bunch of Russian PMC guys. They called up Russia through deconfliction channels and said “hey we’re planning to blow up this group of armed dudes, are they Russian soldiers?” And Russia replied “nope they’re nothing to do with us” and they got annihilated.

E: I think it was Syria or something.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Deki posted:

Calling for the death of Ukranian civilians while being surrounded by Ukranian civilians is a bad idea, it seems.

Lira voice: Oh, Ukraine CLAIMS to be so innocent, but have you considered they banned all of the "Open the gates from inside the walls and let Russia ethnically cleanse our country" political parties?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

kemikalkadet posted:

This happened somewhat recently right? I can’t remember the details now or even where it was but there was an incident where the US minced a bunch of Russian PMC guys. They called up Russia through deconfliction channels and said “hey we’re planning to blow up this group of armed dudes, are they Russian soldiers?” And Russia replied “nope they’re nothing to do with us” and they got annihilated.

It's been discussed in this thread about 50 times

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

kemikalkadet posted:

Its even better than that, the Russians were explicitly attacking an American position.

Despite overwhelming numbers (over 10:1) and having the Americans not even fire back until they got in touch with the Russians, the Russians didn't even kill a single American troop. A single allied Syrian soldier got a minor wound.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

Lira voice: Oh, Ukraine CLAIMS to be so innocent, but have you considered they banned all of the "Open the gates from inside the walls and let Russia ethnically cleanse our country" political parties?

So much for the tolerant left west!!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
That rules so hard that the terrible man I learned about in this thread has now had something terrible happen to him. This is even faster than me learning about Andrew Tate last summer to Greta single-handedly imprisoning him

Seriously though Gonzalo how did you even get your hair to do that

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

quote:

In Kharkiv, the SBU detained a foreign blogger who glorified the crimes of Russians in Ukraine, denied the facts of rocket attacks on Ukrainian cities. And in the spring of 2022, he shot provocative videos in which he tried to record the faces of Ukrainian defenders and insulted them.

His toilet is filthy.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
EU's €1 billion ammunition and missile procurement for Ukraine was finally approved

https://twitter.com/DmytroKuleba/status/1654505308314648583

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...peace-facility/

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The_Franz posted:

His toilet is filthy.

Perhaps he was attempting to follow the Russian custom of stealing a new one rather than doing anything to get your own house in order

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1654486544441303042
Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty doesn't buy that Pigozhin will just turn around and go home. He also says he doesn't buy the crying about lack of ammo either.

Ciao Wren
May 5, 2023

by sebmojo

Raphael Ambrosius Costeau is on the case.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also lol @ the fistbump of the guy at the front desk who is like "gently caress yes, I knew this scumbag was finally getting what was coming to him" because they clearly knew he had been living there

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654505281848475648
Something else got set on fire today in Kursk.

e: Strelkov commented on Pigozhin's wailing as well today, rough translation

quote:

“On May 10, 2023, we are forced to transfer positions to units of the Ministry of Defense”

The head of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, announced that the PMC was leaving Bakhmut on May 10 due to lack of ammunition.

It is interesting, but if everyone who is acutely short of ammunition (and this is our entire Active Army, especially the former "People's Militia Corps", which receive shells MUCH LESS than the "Wagner") - everyone will immediately take and leave the front - at least someone is in position anything left?

By the way, where will PMC "Wagner" go after leaving Bakhmut? "In a raid on the rear a la Batka-Makhno"?

P.S. If Bakhmut is still not completely taken away by May 10, then I will "grant" the Black Clown the honorary title "Nedobakhmutsky".
source: https://t.me/strelkovii/4750

zone fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 5, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1654486544441303042
Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty doesn't buy that Pigozhin will just turn around and go home. He also says he doesn't buy the crying about lack of ammo either.

Prudent, obviously

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1654520414465400832
There is no panic in Zaporizhzhia oblast.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

fuckin loooollllll

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Vladimir Putin,

I write to you with shocking news! Vladimir Putin tried to have me assassinated to make sure I wouldn't discover his plot to kill Vladimir Putin!

Your humble despot,

Vladimir Putin

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

ayyyyyy lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What’s his forums name

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

"You're a Mean One, Mr. Lira."

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Captain Redpill just got demoted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Get fuuuuuuuucked

Kharkiv is the biggest city in Ukraine next to Kyiv, I’m surprised this prick thought he was welcome there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Apparently, Lazerpig was wrong about Lira being out of the country. That, or Lira was extradited.