Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

where does it sound like that because to me it sounds like it’s worse
I would rather play Redfall than Forspoken or Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

You are gonna play sf6 with me though right? And not just boot games to add notes to a spreadsheet?

I'll definitely get my rear end handed to me but sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New ip is so last gen

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Speaking of the Seagate expansion cards, they dropped the price on them in the US a bit this morning. $89 for 512 GB, $149 for 1TB, and $279 for 2TB.

'spensive things still.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Getting conflicting reports here. People complaining that the Xbox has no games while also complaining that they need more than 1TB of storage to play all their games.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

John F Bennett posted:

There was always console warring but I remember it mostly being lighthearted trolling. Now they're serious and angry about it, very cult-like even.

Anyway, looking forward to June 11 for some more Starfield news.
Only Todd can save us now

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If I dig up my rock band disc and usb instruments can I plug it all into my series x?

My wife mentioned to the kids about this mythical rock band game and they are very keen to try it now. I still have the instruments somewhere moldering away.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

priznat posted:

If I dig up my rock band disc and usb instruments can I plug it all into my series x?

My wife mentioned to the kids about this mythical rock band game and they are very keen to try it now. I still have the instruments somewhere moldering away.

If they're the Rock Band 4/Xbox One instruments, you should be fine. If they're from the 360 days then you're pretty much hosed. There is an adapter that will let you use the older ones, but they go for insane prices these days.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

Getting conflicting reports here. People complaining that the Xbox has no games while also complaining that they need more than 1TB of storage to play all their games.

univbee posted:

(single game) a whopping 165.83 gigs including on Series S

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The system wars board on the Gamespot forums were serious business but I assume everyone else posting there was a child like I was. but these Twitter people seem like adults with jobs and stuff Makes it extra sad

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

xK1 posted:

If they're the Rock Band 4/Xbox One instruments, you should be fine. If they're from the 360 days then you're pretty much hosed. There is an adapter that will let you use the older ones, but they go for insane prices these days.

Dammit, it's all 360 poo poo. Ah well. I am NOT buying new instruments (and should probably trash these ones now).

Although, I think I do still have my last 360 in a box somewhere too.. If we had a different room for tv stuff I'd set it up but don't want to put another console and all the other crap in the living room..

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Only Todd can save us now

Exactly. No need to pour your Dew down the sink just yet. :stonklol:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

exquisite tea posted:

It would seem this game is a real "credfall" for the sterling reputation of Arkane Studios!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Oh man I wish I could play Rock Band again, full drum set and everything. I swear I thought it would always be around, they'd keep making instruments, I threw away one set and bought another no problem, wore the poo poo out of it, a friend gave me his set, etc.

I still blame Activision and Bobby Kotick for killing the genre with oversaturation. Harmonix was too beautiful for this world

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

American McGay posted:

I don't know what the SA consensus on Forspoken is, but it sounds to me like Redfall is vastly worse. I did not mind Forspoken. It is a completely inoffensive title. My problem with it was, in a year with so many better games (Hopefully FF16) and so many better games on the platform, why would you settle for Forspoken?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I mean both Forspoken and TTW were functional, relatively non-buggy games that pretty much delivered on their promises. They were lacking in various respects but I don't think in ways that were as egregious as Redfall's shortcomings. Like there's a big difference in feeling between "this is a functional but mediocre game" and "this is a mediocre game but it's massively buggy and feels unfinished".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh man I wish I could play Rock Band again, full drum set and everything. I swear I thought it would always be around, they'd keep making instruments, I threw away one set and bought another no problem, wore the poo poo out of it, a friend gave me his set, etc.

I still blame Activision and Bobby Kotick for killing the genre with oversaturation. Harmonix was too beautiful for this world

Yeah it was fun as hell while it lasted. I’m bummed my instruments are basically useless now without the adapter and I doubt I would buy that kind of silly peripherals for a game again, but never say never.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

priznat posted:

Yeah it was fun as hell while it lasted. I’m bummed my instruments are basically useless now without the adapter and I doubt I would buy that kind of silly peripherals for a game again, but never say never.

That being said, I think even the old instruments are in fairly high demand since there are no signs they're going to produce any more, so if you really want to get rid of them you can probably make some money on craigslist or ebay or something.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

xK1 posted:

That being said, I think even the old instruments are in fairly high demand since there are no signs they're going to produce any more, so if you really want to get rid of them you can probably make some money on craigslist or ebay or something.

Hm this is interesting! I even have the fancier drum kit and I was thinking of hooking it into a midi controller at some point.

Definitely thinking about dusting off my old 360 and seeing if it still works too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iacen posted:

I don't know what the SA consensus on Forspoken is, but it sounds to me like Redfall is vastly worse. I did not mind Forspoken. It is a completely inoffensive title. My problem with it was, in a year with so many better games (Hopefully FF16) and so many better games on the platform, why would you settle for Forspoken?

Forspoken is really good. Poor marketing and Square merging the studio into their own, should have no effect on whether or not people might want to play it. You're missing out on a really good action RPG if you skip Forspoken. It's a finished game, and actually fun to play.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8QWiZ7aEU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox stays winning.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still think it's pretty funny that people can say that Redfall is the worst game launch of the year when we have already had such amazing gems like Company of Heroes 3, Wanted Dead, Bloodbowl 3, Last of Us (PC), Kerbal 2, and The Dark Pictures: Switchback.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ryoga posted:

I still think it's pretty funny that people can say that Redfall is the worst game launch of the year when we have already had such amazing gems like Company of Heroes 3, Wanted Dead, Bloodbowl 3, Last of Us (PC), Kerbal 2, and The Dark Pictures: Switchback.

Fair, at least Redfall is playable, it just isn't fun to play lol. But like Last of US pc port was unplayable. You couldn't even get to the main menu at release.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think that the more games launch broken, the more people are getting pissed off about it and want to vent or dunk, it's not really a mystery why Redfall is getting more scrutiny... it's because it specifically is the like 7th or 8th time this has happened this year alone, and people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ryoga posted:

There is no way Redfall is worse than Dark Pictures:Switchback. Switchback just slipped under the public criticism radar cause it was pretty niche. Sadly I fit into that niche and bought that pile of trash.

E: 2023 is just unusually stacked with games. Post pandemic boom I guess. I guess that just increases the number of duds as well.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 5, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

The 7th Guest posted:

people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

If it's gonna perform like early access, call it early access. That's a thing that people don't mind and are forgiving of. The only example I can think of for an Xbox studio is Grounded.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if Suicide Squad launches in "beta"

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I just want rock band blitz 2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Suicide Squad launches in "beta"

there is no way that game is good, it's 100% dead on arrival. The live service stuff was still confirmed to be in even after the 1 year delay the game all of a sudden got.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I would simply not play any of those

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would simply not play any of those
:hai:

The Mistlands in Valheim don’t gently caress around. Gonna be a jog to get my stuff back lol.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/273655548027731970/1104131546748825610/1989af76-962e-4a9f-8254-37b41a0fa9d0.mp4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ryoga posted:

The Jedi Survivor PC port also had a ton of issues that need to be fixed

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

The 7th Guest posted:

I think that the more games launch broken, the more people are getting pissed off about it and want to vent or dunk, it's not really a mystery why Redfall is getting more scrutiny... it's because it specifically is the like 7th or 8th time this has happened this year alone, and people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

Redfall is also the lone AAA first-party game in a year and a half, so there’s that as far as added scrutiny

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Talkin about Borderlands, I really don’t understand the popularity there. Just grating, obnoxious and repetitive crap with the most facile of corporate satire. A friend of mine was into them but even he peace’d out at 3.

Seriously trash games.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The first game was pretty novel at the time. Early co-op looter shooter, underutilized art style, sometimes worth a chuckle because that style of humor hadn't been run into the ground yet. I checked out of the sequel pretty quickly with the shift code nonsense, but I had fun with the original.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

Talkin about Borderlands, I really don’t understand the popularity there. Just grating, obnoxious and repetitive crap with the most facile of corporate satire. A friend of mine was into them but even he peace’d out at 3.

Seriously trash games.

they are the most boring games ever made

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

This guy seems like the dollar general version of tim rogers. He has the same flat, repetitive, and meandering delivery but is just utterly devoid of charisma.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Jedi Survivor PC port also had a ton of issues that need to be fixed

Yeah but underneath the performance issue Jedi:survivor is a great game. It sounds like even if Redfall was 60fps it’d still suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

I said come in! posted:

Forspoken is really good.

A lot of crazy takes coming into the thread after one lovely game release. Very bizarre