Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Jerusalem posted:

Think it's unfair to make MJF stand there for 4 hours as they project the show onto him.
What do you mean, that's like half a promo for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SlappadaBRO_WWE/status/1654104470224257027?t=N1llqXlhOlAb3XRLNuCF2g&s=19
https://twitter.com/SlappadaBRO_WWE/status/1654230069613834241?t=fcMLPxrAaGNNNR2tbpKk2A&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave doing the duckface and snapping selfies for his Patreon supporters.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I love how all these people who are wishing, hoping, praying, and whatever else that could lead to AEW's death without actually having to do anything have absolutely no self awareness about their own behaviour and attitudes. The amount of them who cry about "toxic AEW fans" but don't see any issue with their own attitudes is impressive.

I know the answer is because they're dumb and have made their existence be something that is based around a company that so very obviously doesn't give a poo poo about them in return, but at this point I don't get why all these people are so angry at another company's success. Just enjoy what you enjoy and and ignore what you don't. People tend to not dunk on you if you don't post stupid, aggressive, and/or false stuff in the first place.

Speaking of which, Louis seems to have been silent for the last few days. That's not a good sign for a person with multiple allegations against them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You know, I'm surprised that nobody has tried to complain that AEW is only doing so well for All In because people think they're buying tickets to a WWE show and don't know any better. I guess that's skipping past the "denial" stage though, so maybe too early.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 5, 2023

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

You know, I'm surprised that nobody has tried to complain that AEW is only doing so well for All In because people think they're buying tickets to a WWE show and don't know any better. I guess that's skipping past the "denial" stage though, so maybe too early.

I mean a bunch of them have already done the denial stage in terms of "they didn't sell that many" and "it's only scalpers, bots, and Tony buying them". Them thinking it was because there was some false advertising thing would absolutely make sense for the denial stage since it's another way of denying that it can't be because of AEW themselves that the sales are high.

We know they're internally angry about the success but I guess they haven't posted any truly angry stuff yet that I've seen. The bargaining stage is going to be a curious one though although it'll be easier to imagine if WWE try to run a show to counter All In.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I'm honestly surprised WWE didn't try to shoot their shot at Wembley for MITB.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WWE probably tour Europe too regularly to make a Wembley show feel like a big enough deal to justify it, really.

All In is gonna sell a bunch to fans on the continent because this is their first and so far only chance to see them without travelling all the way to the US.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TinTower posted:

I'm honestly surprised WWE didn't try to shoot their shot at Wembley for MITB.

Dave said they considered it but Cardiff paid them more.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Sure AEW sold more tickets, but call me when they can get local governments to give them as much money as WWE does

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

That was for Clash at the Castle and hell, I'd take the site fee and ticket gate all the time too

MITB they should of done in a stadium though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sure AEW sold more tickets, but call me when they can get local governments to give them as much money as WWE does

The stadium paid them more, I should be clear. :v:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That was for Clash at the Castle and hell, I'd take the site fee and ticket gate all the time too

Yeah, Dave said that because of that and (I assume) the more expensive tickets, All In won't make as much as Clash did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They probably knew they couldn't run it in a stadium because they didn't have the hype of the first major PPV in decades to go on this time. MITB in a stadium did not work out last year and with Clash initially not selling well until they cut prices (from insane to not unreasonable) they likely didn't want to riskit.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

flashy_mcflash posted:

I will never understand how a person can be part of WON and be a prolific poster on the Board but still be as wildly dumb as rfred.

no wonder he's apart of fight game media

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hmmm they are being real quiet today eh?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

Joseph The Demon is still going strong with the ol not mad actually laughing.

https://twitter.com/DemonEvilMuscle/status/1654542733120503808?t=PA9QrDFADdmtYhdrlumkyQ&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ticketmaster is in Tony's pocket, follow the money

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

https://twitter.com/GarethElton/status/1654563659614494720?s=20

And of course, the Cheeseman

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1654226013046587392?s=20

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres the lie??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yeah AEW is doing good but have you considered that AEW is doing not good?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm starting to think these people may not be arguing in good faith

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nastyism is right again, the four pillars story fuckin' stinks and is runnin' 'em off in droves.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Nastyism is right again, the four pillars story fuckin' stinks and is runnin' 'em off in droves.

the most unbiased post in history

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that anyone could possibly think AEW would go under when loving Impact has survived for EONS despite incompetence for like a solid decade

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AEW's ticket sales do not reflect how ice cold they've gone on TV.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

there’s like, a kernel of truth in that ticket sales numbers for aew’s first show in the uk don’t entirely reflect aew’s health as a company or tv product? they’re going to move tickets regardless considering they’re the only wrestling show on free to air tv in the uk (iirc) and also you get a massive boost from simply being the first live event they’ve put on in the entire continent alongside incredibly reasonably priced tickets (compared to clash).
meanwhile in the US, they did struggle to sell tickets in certain markets in 2H22 and are down YoY in TV viewership which are definitely not signs of a company at its absolute peak (though also not an indicator that they’re dying by any stretch).
but he’s also incredibly disingenuous and not actually interested in seriously addressing the business side at all, so all of these words i typed mean absolutely nothing!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wow it's impressive AEW's decline year to year was much lower than the decline of cable. Another W!

But unfortunately this guy is replying to everyone under the sun to expose their fraud.

https://twitter.com/oldz197688/status/1654588544734642179

Underrated that instead of saving it he took a screenshot of it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i could see tony getting pissed enough about that stuff to have someone threaten you with legal action. he's fiery but by no means a troll. hope not tho

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

lol that anyone could possibly think AEW would go under when loving Impact has survived for EONS despite incompetence for like a solid decade

Impact has figured out how to run pop-free, no danger of running out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

Wow it's impressive AEW's decline year to year was much lower than the decline of cable. Another W!

But unfortunately this guy is replying to everyone under the sun to expose their fraud.

Next it needs to be a flip phone quality photo of a computer screen

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Print it on CD labels, that'll make it look more official

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It's amazing watching you release something out into the wild and it start to filter into talking points

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
AEW is in a "growing the future" period. They're not highlighting their biggest stars the hardest right now, they're teaching their audience who the stars of the future are. That's naturally going to cause some casuals to drop for a while.

So long as AEW's TV ratings are healthy compared to the rest of cable, they'll be fine. What really made TNA so low rent was that they had high TV ratings, but their viewers had zero interest in being converted into paying customers. PPV buys sucked, live attendance sucked, house shows were pretty good, but mostly off the back of "meet Jeff Hardy in person!" etc. That's because TNA's television product was dogshit Russo written inanity. AEW's television product is good, so their fans are passionate and willing to open up their wallets, which is why Wembley is doing a Wrestlemania sized stadium and threatening to sell it out, which will make AEW look like a big, big deal. They'll use the Wembley footage in every promotional video forever. That's why AEW comes across as the first real wrestling competition since WCW, because AEW fans show up and spend money, and that effect is only going to compound over a long period of time, but it doesn't mean they're literally never going to have a down year.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This thread is going to get really busy when All In happens. The meltdowns are going to be hilarious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

It's amazing watching you release something out into the wild and it start to filter into talking points

I genuinely love that people keep me updated on when they see it.

https://twitter.com/UCW1991/status/1654306607814041601

Also genuinely weird to see people thanking Mattel for charging them $400 to maybe be able to buy a toy stage if they get enough people to buy it instead of the company just releasing the toy at a reasonable price and no fake crowdfunding.

Guillermus posted:

This thread is going to get really busy when All In happens. The meltdowns are going to be hilarious.

You could probably do a bingo card just of things people are mad about.

The WM3 attendance, whether this has more people than the Dallas Mania with the fake number, the Max streaming viewership, etc.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

He's right, Tony bought up all those Wimberley tickets.

https://twitter.com/oldz197688/status/1653511979276054529?t=rViT6s4vdy6mdx63-aufDQ&s=19

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

eh it’s a mixed bag. tbs was down 15% yoy from 2021 to 2022 in terms of viewership and for 3/4 of the last quarters, rampage was down compared to the prior year’s quarter by 20-30%. dynamite fared better, but their primary competitor’s cable flagship is up overall in the same time period which i’m sure doesn’t feel awesome.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

eh it’s a mixed bag. tbs was down 15% yoy from 2021 to 2022 in terms of viewership and for 3/4 of the last quarters, rampage was down compared to the prior year’s quarter by 20-30%. dynamite fared better, but their primary competitor’s cable flagship is up overall in the same time period which i’m sure doesn’t feel awesome.

It's a good thing WBD doesn't pay nearly what Fox or USA do for Smackdown or Raw then.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wimberley Page was super hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pylons posted:

It's a good thing WBD doesn't pay nearly what Fox or USA do for Smackdown or Raw then.
dynamite is a crazy good deal for them, consistently toward the top of its time slot for what I assume is not much of a cost relative to other first run programming