Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress yeah go Panthers!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MJeff posted:

So in case you were wondering why WBD pays so much for the NHL just for it to do worse than Dynamite most weeks, this is why

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1653436627509735426

The other reason, I'm not sure if it's as true now as it was, that Wrestling gets lower ad rates comparatively to similar programming.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

achillesforever6 posted:

These playoffs own

seriously one of the best first rounds ever

achillesforever6 posted:

all I need are the Oilers to lose

you mispelled carolina

anyways uhhh, lets go this wednesdays dynamite ratings !!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad my Panthers aren't playing tomorrow so I can watch AEW Dynamite on TBS

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The playoff ratings for Hockey just show how awful NBC sports network was for the NHL.

Also hey...how about that Wembley Gate?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The playoff ratings for Hockey just show how awful NBC sports network was for the NHL.

Also hey...how about that Wembley Gate?

Two years in and TNT's presentation of the NHL is just absolutely blowing the doors off of NBC's, I'm so glad they made that switch.

Also, yeah, Wembley has obviously already blown past all of AEW's records.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1653522164472225792

MJeff posted:

So in case you were wondering why WBD pays so much for the NHL just for it to do worse than Dynamite most weeks, this is why

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1653436627509735426

i don't think the momentum's gonna last given who's left (i doubt there's that many maple leaf fans in america)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW IN THE MUD, NOT EVEN A BILLY

you'll never catch my goalposts, nerds!!!!:twisted:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Would've been even higher if Ticketmaster's site wasn't terrible, tried for an hour and never even got a chance to pick a seat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are AEW deals structured like WWE ones? That is, are they paid a guaranteed downside that they can exceed with merch sales, appearances, and such?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endless Mike posted:

Are AEW deals structured like WWE ones? That is, are they paid a guaranteed downside that they can exceed with merch sales, appearances, and such?

Don't quote me, but my understanding is AEW deals are fully guaranteed with little in the way of incentives.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

No, AEW deals are guaranteed money, not downsides like WWE. I believe the only thing on top of that is merchandising.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1653522164472225792

i don't think the momentum's gonna last given who's left (i doubt there's that many maple leaf fans in america)

I'm an American Maple Leafs fan :shobon:

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

AEW wrestlers have the benefit of (for the most part) keeping their existing gimmicks, can take outside bookings that don't conflict if they want, do Twitch streams and whatever other revenue opportunities present themselves, etc.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Saucer Crab posted:

AEW wrestlers have the benefit of (for the most part) keeping their existing gimmicks, can take outside bookings that don't conflict if they want, do Twitch streams and whatever other revenue opportunities present themselves, etc.

Also AEW pays for hotels and travel iirc

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So what happens with a guy like Miro who just refuses creative? He just sits on his rear end and gets paid for years?

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Sir Tonk posted:

Would've been even higher if Ticketmaster's site wasn't terrible, tried for an hour and never even got a chance to pick a seat.

I was on the first presale, and the only seats it gave me were nosebleeds,behind the stage...not ideal. I signed up for the Livenation presale which happened yesterday though, and got much better seats! Suffice it to say though, Ticketmaster is *terrible*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

So what happens with a guy like Miro who just refuses creative? He just sits on his rear end and gets paid for years?

That's the cost of him not going to WWE, yeah.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

1glitch0 posted:

The dream job

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

He sits until they come to an agreement for him to come back or Tony decides him refusing constitutes a suspendable offense. With how minor the leaks have been about him it doesn't seem like they are actively hostile to his position.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Miro's stuck in limbo because Tony doesn't want to re-draw his spreadsheet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
miro is actually the god house of black worships, he just cant reveal himself yet

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Sir Tonk posted:

miro is actually the god house of black worships, he just cant reveal himself yet

Was thinking this same thought yesterday, but it would mean we'd never get Miro vs Brody King, which isn't going to fly with me

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Malakai briefly losing control of the house would be interesting, like if Miro beat his rear end and walks out with his dudes who are loyal to the master of the house completely

Could have Malakai go through some kinda gauntlet match setup against them to win them back, so much cool stuff and storytelling you can do there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hikaru Shida, big draw.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That demo trend line is wild.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1654587515196563458

Ratings trend goes down, ticket sales go up?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just love that the trolls came out in droves to an extent that Tony is just going to give daily updates on his success at this rate

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MJeff posted:

Hikaru Shida, big draw.

ive been saying this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Potentially releated but Crave announced a deal with WBD to get Max content on Crave. So could be the home for AEW content soon

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Potentially releated but Crave announced a deal with WBD to get Max content on Crave. So could be the home for AEW content soon
Collision to be hosted by the cast of Letterkenny.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah they don't mention AEW in the release but I could see that content move over to Bell whenever the existing deal with TSN ends.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah they don't mention AEW in the release but I could see that content move over to Bell whenever the existing deal with TSN ends.

TSN is owned by Bell so it'd probably be part of it as well!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Huh I don't know why I've always thought it was a Rogers gimmick all this time. I guess that makes things a lot easier.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Rogers runs the sportsnet ohco cartel, Blue Jays* + National Hockey in Canada Broadcast rights - Playoffs, and WWE

Bell owns CTV/TSN1-5, - which is CFL and AEW and like curling, but still can't find room for rampage on those packed friday nights (even though Dynamite does great ratings)

*Bell/Rogers own 50/50 of the Maple Leafs (or MLSE as a whole I think)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 9, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kenny.

By God.

Omega.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MJeff posted:

Kenny.

By God.

Omega.

:eyepop:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Awooga.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

get the belt of Mid JF and onto Kenneth asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The rating peaks in a quarter with Thunder Rosa, Sammy Guevara, Tony Khan, Orange Cassidy and Daniel Garcia and people are crediting KENNY OMEGA????

The person who deserves credit should be someone who can be reasonably credited for the highest quarter and that is Q3.

The person who should get the title is Miro because people saw him, told their friends to tune in, their friends all tuned in, saw Miro wasn't around and tuned out only to come back in hopes he would come out in the main event.