Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well speaking of The Slip, I guess Head Down was already taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm actually really digging that track, it's catchy as hell. Filter's been hit or miss with me with anything after The Amalgamut, but everything I've heard recently sounds like he's going in some cool new experimental directions.

Did anything he worked on with Brian Liesegang over the past few years get released? I was glad to hear they patched things up, but I know they canned the project after PledgeMusic went under.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
So Robin Finck and Ilan Rubin are part of Danny Elfman's live band for two dates in South California. Hoping they do a proper tour of it as I wouldn't mind seeing that lot playing together. Where's Trent living these days, think he might come out to do vocals on True or Native Intelligence?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsnvNwlGg1o

This rehearsal video from the tour that was on Pitchfork(?) I think really helped rocket propel me into loving the band.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Tony Hawk covered Wish for his birthday. His birthday wish, if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPvYbzmDM8k

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I have no idea what's going on there but I love it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i love tony hawk so much dude lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Carpet posted:

Tony Hawk covered Wish for his birthday. His birthday wish, if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPvYbzmDM8k
I thought Tony Hawk's kid was a musician, not Tony himself, but sure, why not? Tony Hawk rules

e: Also, cameo by Trent!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I thought Tony Hawk's kid was a musician, not Tony himself, but sure, why not? Tony Hawk rules

e: Also, cameo by Trent!

I had to watch that part twice to catch it.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Midjack posted:

I had to watch that part twice to catch it.

He's the guy doing industrial welding in the background?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hatelull posted:

He's the guy doing industrial welding in the background?

He's also the "fist gently caress" guy.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Lol @ the pigs

Also that is a very respectable amount of distortion

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ben Weinman continues to be awesome. He came on with Dillinger during NIN's "final" show to perform Wish after Trent joked about not being able to get Coldplay. Still surprised Ben & Greg haven't guested on a NIN track yet, especially considering all the collaborations Trent's been involved with lately.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I pray for a Dillinger Escape Reunion daily

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I really like Greg's solo stuff though

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Photex posted:

I really like Greg's solo stuff though

yeah.... i just miss DEP....

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

yeah.... i just miss DEP....

Potentially good news - Greg is also fronting Better Lovers with the Every Time I Die dudes after Keith’s meltdown bullshit. Probably won’t be quite as tech/math heavy but the single they did was pretty decent.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

If there's one band I believe will stay true to their word, it's DEP. Their discography is perfect, they ended on good terms and went out with some phenomenal final shows after releasing what many consider to be one of their best albums. I don't think they'll even do any reunion shows, not even a one-off. The project is just done and it's perfect.

Also, Greg has what, 10 different projects/bands right now? Had no idea the dude played guitar, let alone could shred like he does. Very versatile and talented guy.

The only thing I'm bummed about is Ben not doing his own thing. I know he was in some band with one of the Mars Volta dudes but it wasn't great and didn't sound like Ben at all, and now he's a touring guitarist for Suicidal Tendencies. He may not want to commit to too much since I think he still lives in his old neighborhood and has all the same friends from school and just adopts kids that nobody else will (or something like that) because he's just a cool person, but I wish he'd at least record some stuff at home and put it out on Bandcamp or something. The dude is insanely talented and can cover so many styles and basically record everything himself (don't know if he can sing, though) and I would be all over any solo albums he put out just to hear some jazz improv segue into crushingly heavy math (?) rock before ending on Aphex Twin-styled electronica.

Don't think he even needs a vocalist in the first place but poo poo imagine if he just recorded an album then sent it to Trent and asked if he'd sing over it? :swoon:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Same but also flying around Australia to catch the last run of shows including a post-work unplanned flight to Sydney to see them in a 300 person pub and going directly from the airport to the mosh and then getting used as a launch pad by Ben is a foundational Good Memory.

I only got to photograph them once at a festival but it's one of my all-time favourite photos I've taken:

I just wish they'd repress the albums on vinyl so they're not stupid expensive.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

ixi back on that NIN ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6cHB3WYiIY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy birthday Trent!

🎵 58 years on my way to hell 🎵

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
did they take out the cross track bleeding on The Downward Spiral 2017 vinyl?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This cover is so loving good

https://youtu.be/0QC5doqwPdg

Might be best Closer cover

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 21, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"Closer" without the groove and desperation accentuates how easily it could be some kid being embarrassing

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/itsmercadante/status/1660364251477823489?s=20

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1660361432200773632?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 21, 2023

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Pitchfork wrote a piece about Broken here
(I hope this link works)

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This cover is so loving good

https://youtu.be/0QC5doqwPdg

Might be best Closer cover

In the words of Jay Sherman, "It stinks!"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

Pitchfork wrote a piece about Broken here
(I hope this link works)

It works, and appears to be better written than anything else I've seen from pitchfork.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Midjack posted:

It works, and appears to be better written than anything else I've seen from pitchfork.

It is a nice read aside from barely mentioning anything specific about the music, but it's not like I need the validation, I suppose.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

So my favorite NIN drummer joined the Foo Fighters? Well god drat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is that weirder than your favorite Devo drummer joining Nine Inch Nails?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is that weirder than your favorite Devo drummer joining Nine Inch Nails?

I don’t know, I don’t know

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
21 years ago today

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

in honor of long hair Trent (and not just because I just found this slip) here's a download code for broken for someone to snatch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

in honor of long hair Trent (and not just because I just found this slip) here's a download code for broken for someone to snatch

Offer already expired lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oh drat
thanks for nothing... nothing records

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVeQIY6F4T4

ixi doing another livestream, this time about whether or not the tambourine is a good instrument, and she's using NIN tracks as examples right now

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Offer already expired lol

I had actually redeemed this… didn’t get a chance to post about it earlier, but thanks, OP!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jigsaw posted:

I had actually redeemed this… didn’t get a chance to post about it earlier, but thanks, OP!

Oh poo poo drat that’s awesome! My codes on all my vinyls didn’t work and I was so sad about it 😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Oh poo poo drat that’s awesome! My codes on all my vinyls didn’t work and I was so sad about it 😭

In case it’s still helpful, one thing I did have to Google around for was that the website to redeem the codes is now redeem.backtoblackvinyl.com instead of getmy.media (which no longer exists).