Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly the only thing I'm not looking forward to is being like 'hey I just discovered this cool trick/found a cool place' and being met with

:smug: oh you didn't know already? That was exciting 2 weeks ago when it leaked'

This is probably only going to happen if you do it to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly the only thing I'm not looking forward to is being like 'hey I just discovered this cool trick/found a cool place' and being met with

:smug: oh you didn't know already? That was exciting 2 weeks ago when it leaked'

That happens even when games aren't leaked, because there are always poopsockers who take the entire week off and finish the game by the time I get 10 hours in.

Unless you're one of those types, in that case, sorry for your loss.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

RickRogers posted:

Oracles too please.

They should have remade/expanded LA and the Orcale games, and Minish too, all in the style of Link between Worlds instead. The actual LA remake toy art style is stupid, it makes a mockery of what is still unquestionably the greatest zelda game

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It didn’t leak. The game isn’t out yet.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

icantfindaname posted:

They should have remade/expanded LA and the Orcale games, and Minish too, all in the style of Link between Worlds instead. The actual LA remake toy art style is stupid, it makes a mockery of what is still unquestionably the greatest zelda game

:wrong:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

replaying botw a bit. it's funny how i AGAIN approached the zora town from a completely different direction than the game 'intends'. just skip the long road with lizalfos archers and fly in from lanyaru tower.

remember that if you open up a chest and your weapon slots are full, you have to back out, open menu, drop the weapon, reopen chest. so annoying.

that is fixed in totk according to my pirate friend.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Botw confession, in almost every shrine where the goal was to carry a torch to somewhere/direct a lit flame/something similar, i simply cheesed it by shooting the end target with a flame arrow

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Except the two blue fire ones. I actually liked the second one in akkala, was a good stealth section. First one was just a waste of time

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah, opening chests being smoother was revealed in the preview days.

They seem to quite like the idea of “you can approach it however you want” since the sky island gameplay looks geared towards getting you halfway up there and then saying “figure the rest out yourself.” I wonder if they were influenced by those BotW videos where people figure out how to get up to Vah Medoh without doing the questline. (If you’re curious what happens, you can reach it with glitches or a ton of balloons if you want, but the model doesn’t have collision turned on or any triggers set so you can’t start the dungeon, you just fall through it)

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

icantfindaname posted:

The actual LA remake toy art style is stupid, it makes a mockery of what is still unquestionably the greatest zelda game

I loved that art style, and I want them to use it again. It was the frame rate issues of the remake that really disappointed me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The toy art for LA Remake is great. A combination of cutesy endearing presentation and the ominous setting is excellent. It's just a shame about the rest.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That dungeon is fine but probably the weakest in the game. Beetle is a cool item though!

There are seven dungeons iirc but I suppose every main area is sort of like a mini-dungeon itself. Then they change them up for later sections. And then there are the silent realms. They definitely wanted to do more with SS than the Wii could handle which was why it ended up the way it was.

Sweet! I'm gonna keep going on. I am enjoying myself, and it's keeping me from looking at too many TotK spoilers.

I'm quite charmed by the art style, it looks really nice in 60fps on my OLED switch. The painterly stuff is timeless looking and the model for link really pops. It's really impressive to me how botw and TotK really took the art styles from wind waker, twilight princess, and skyward sword and melted them all together.

Senrab
May 10, 2012
With a week left I think I'm going to slow down my BotW replay, just to avoid potential burnout. It remains to be seen if I'll stick to that promise.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The paraglider in skyward sword is the worst feeling part of the game so far, like, totally pointless - such a funny contrast to how good it was to use in botw.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Preload today?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Preload today?

It's been up since midday in the EU so very likely in US if not already, you'd reckon

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nintendo this is Shinjobi. Let me play the game right now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dictator. posted:

remember that if you open up a chest and your weapon slots are full, you have to back out, open menu, drop the weapon, reopen chest. so annoying.

that is fixed in totk according to my pirate friend.

At least one of the channels invited to the gameplay demo had footage of this happening. It just opens a bar of all your weapons and let’s you pick one to drop, as expected.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Oh thats a good change

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Are places not really doing a midnight release this time? I feel like there are fewer and fewer of those and it'd be fun to do

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

In one week it will take all of my willpower not to just stay home instead of going to work.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

In one week it will take all of my willpower not to just stay home instead of going to work.

Ask for a raise or call in sick

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Ask for a raise or call in sick

I'm basically self employed (tattoo artist) but still...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

External Organs posted:

The paraglider in skyward sword is the worst feeling part of the game so far, like, totally pointless - such a funny contrast to how good it was to use in botw.
IMO the worst part of the paraglider is you cant fail at using it. If you get too close to the ground when falling in, Link pulls it out anyways and Fi chastises you for being reckless. It should've let you get a funny comedy game over IMO.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

IMO the worst part of the paraglider is you cant fail at using it. If you get too close to the ground when falling in, Link pulls it out anyways and Fi chastises you for being reckless. It should've let you get a funny comedy game over IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EnsqfnaPs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

I get those sometimes in BotW/TotK, except not a comedy death bc they forgot to write something funny instead of just game over.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1654531865762463772?s=46&t=TcT_5CkNNB9TiDQGwD33Xw

Their website clarifies that this will be gameplay footage, followed by “more livestream content”

This close to release I want to try to just wait till the next day, but who am I kidding, I’ll most likely cave and watch this lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

That this thread is sticky is a gameplay spoiler.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wow guys check out the latest tv spot for TotK, it's lit af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Frankston posted:

Wow guys check out the latest tv spot for TotK, it's lit af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

Don't threaten me with a good time

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So 3AM on the 12th is the time?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I only have 8 more shrines left in BotW but I'll be damned if I can find them aside from the sand seal one which I am saving. I imagine most of them must be shrine quests because I have been all over on foot and no beeps, damnit.

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 5, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I only have 8 more shrines left in BotW but I'll be damned if I can find them aside from the sand seal one which I am saving. I imagine most of them must be shrine quests because I have been all over on foot and no beeps, damnit.

Have you found a shrine or two where you realized it was too tough and left with the intention of coming back later then forgetting? I had ONE shrine left on my first game and couldn't find it then I realized that it was orange on the map, indicating that I found it but didn't complete it.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
Managed to snag a reservation for the Nintendo NYC midnight release . . . for the 1am slot.

No fuckin' way is there gonna be a single physical copy left by the time they let my timeslot in, much less the collector's edition.

Least I'll be able to take some neat photos of the store.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If I can't nab a collectors edition I think I'll just try and scoop the book on Ebay to go on the shelf with the Historias. Gonna take my chances at a Target or some poo poo because I saw people in line way ahead of time last time at GameStop when I grabbed a big release.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I ordered the collector's edition but I'm definitely just gonna order it digitally because who knows when that thing will actually arrive. I figure if I am suddenly broke one day I can sell it for a nice profit. But also it'll just be cool to own.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXpvdOq2AE8

im gonna listen to this on repeat and trash my home waiting for this gaddang game to arrive, nintendo

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOFIvAGG3Y

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Man, I went back to my first BOTW playthrough save to do the final master sword trial and I must be extremely rusty, I got owned hard and fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
BotW for whatever reason really resists my muscle memory and I restarted at least two 40+ hour playthroughs after coming back after a year and being unable to perform basic functions. Even now playing consistently the past month I have to verify the shield parry button before playing laser baseball, even though I'm batting .900+ now