Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What's the deal with white cribs?
And toddler conversion thinggies?
Aren't babies super dirty? Won't this white thing just be yellow the moment it touches my beautiful wonderful bundle of joy's mere aura?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

We have a black crib, no idea what you mean

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

White and grey furniture are in style these days for some reason, as a fan of brown woodgrain patterns it's hard to find stuff that isn't vintage sometimes

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's definitely mostly Instagram crap, but also, the first year is less dirt and more half digested milk, which tends to be more white ish.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

loquacius posted:

White and grey furniture are in style these days for some reason, as a fan of brown woodgrain patterns it's hard to find stuff that isn't vintage sometimes

I'm color blind so I see brown as red so I saw this reddish-brown crib and loved the color but it was too brown for her :(

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

8yo loves to build houses and stuff but she hates those guys who "look like squidward" and will redirect the lava to burn down their villages

shes right

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

clearly i have given my children too many books and too few opportunities to simulate ethnic cleansing

You can do both, for example we semi-recently finished reading "The Hobbit".

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I liked the white onesies. A batch of those with blowout stains can get bleached then go back in the laundry rotation. I never really felt like I've gotten poop out of a garment tho. No matter what combination of water and shout and vinegar or whatever there's always a yellow stain that just kinda fades and spreads out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

I liked the white onesies. A batch of those with blowout stains can get bleached then go back in the laundry rotation. I never really felt like I've gotten poop out of a garment tho. No matter what combination of water and shout and vinegar or whatever there's always a yellow stain that just kinda fades and spreads out.

the yellow mustard splats must never be allowed to dry

we use a stain remover and toothbrush

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, gotta wash the clothes before you wash the baby if you want any chance. I'm making peace, she will grow out of this size before company comes to see her. My weapons of choice are Scotch scrubby sponge and tiny spray bottle of Shout.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
when you have a baby you just keep a bucket full of water and oxyclean in the bathroom and whenever the baby has an event you just throw their clothes in the bucket and then you have hours to wash it and the stain will still come out

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
when do you change the solution out?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

just keep adding water and oxyclean as needed

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol dump it and move all the clothes into the wash the same day and then throw a new scoop of oxyclean in so all you need to do is water it the next time you have a fun time

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What we do is, we let the clothes become progressively more stained until he grows out of them (about 2 weeks)

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Post-partum depression is a real thing. I'm not an expert or a relevant professional, but this might be more than a mere annoyance.

She already has an appointment to see a psychologist. There were some issues at the beginning because she's been on anti-anxiety meds for a long while, and really wanted to breast-feed our baby, so she stopped taking them, despite the pediatrician and ob-gyn telling her that if she really needed them she should keep taking them and just get used to bottle feed our girl.

I don't want to get into details, but things were difficult until she started taking the meds again. And all this while also dealing with a newborn :shepicide:

On a lighter note, in a couple of weeks our baby girl will be three months old. By now she's starting to smile at us, and throws her mittens away when she's excited and moving her limbs (some of the mittens are already kinda loose). She also does baby-talk once in a while and I keep saying things like "Really? Tell me more darling" and she keeps on doing her noises.

And I realized that now I also have to think of a good Mother's Day gift, just some small thing since my wife said she's okay with not celebrating it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
please post mother's day gift ideas itt

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Getting my mom a color revolution

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

500 good dogs posted:

card from kid(s)and sleeping in

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

500 good dogs posted:

big box of fancy chocolates and a day free of childcare responsibilities

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

500 good dogs posted:

Cleaning out the house and keeping the kids busy so mom can actually relax a bit.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I gave my wife a gift certificate for a massage that my mother in law (her ma) gave me last year.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ikanreed posted:

Getting my mom a color revolution

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We started potty training our daughter 2 weeks ago, and here's where we're at:

Pee: mastered within a day,.still going strong, couldn't be prouder. She's knows when to stop and go, even when we're out somewhere

Poop: not even once lol, still proud but frustrating

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Didn't mention mother's day, as it's a hallmark holiday and my wife would hate any celebration. I might have trolled her with something if either of us had the energy to deal with it, but yeah, between the baby getting a fever from teeth and me being super sick, not happening. I did technically give her some flower seeds as part of gardening though.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

500 good dogs posted:

I paid some Etsy person to make a little bear with one of our daughter's newborn outfit/NICU towels that is also her birth weight. Probably much too late to do that. Also painted a little sign for her desk referencing a garbage reality show idiot we enjoy that says "Everything I do, I do for my daughter."

Next weekend is also our anniversary and we're spending the weekend at a cabin in the woods anyway and I'll make pancakes and mimosas and poo poo on Sunday morning. She was pretty clear she wanted brunchy stuff to be her mother's day thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This Mother's Day is pretty much already given up as poo poo-tier since we will have a newborn (still not born; induction appointment is tonight) but I got her a " world's best mom" mug since she doesn't have one and an Etsy necklace with the birth month flowers of everyone in our family

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

yeah! had same reasoning for PC bias

i dont even know what version to install, like people are talking about java version this, and microsoft store has some other version, etc..

Java is probably going to be easier to find mods and how to do whatever videos for if that matters because there's just a lot more material out there for it.

There are a few mechanics differences that would probably not be noticeable outside of some fiddly contraptions you build working in one version and not the other

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

new parent mother's day: take the time to make a good breakfast or dinner or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

500 good dogs posted:

a new gaming pc

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
getting my mom a matrix dvd

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Diablo 4 edition that comes with the battle pass

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
also known as the clueless newbie version

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

This Mother's Day is pretty much already given up as poo poo-tier since we will have a newborn (still not born; induction appointment is tonight) but I got her a " world's best mom" mug since she doesn't have one and an Etsy necklace with the birth month flowers of everyone in our family

Oh gently caress yeah dude, it is game time. Best of luck, bring both phone chargers.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Checked in, waiting for them to bring us the baby drugs, both phones plugged in but the hospital wifi is bullshit. GAME TIME

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

goonspeed, hope it's an easy and uncomplicated delivery.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

loquacius posted:

Checked in, waiting for them to bring us the baby drugs, both phones plugged in but the hospital wifi is bullshit. GAME TIME

hell yeah

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

loquacius posted:

You (plural) got this

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

loquacius posted:

good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Good Luck!