Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Supremacy: It's like Mayhem... but for Titans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
What would be the most oppressive hunter team? Not necessarily one that would win the majority of the time, but rather one that would be the least fun to play against? A team of omni lovers making sure the map is constantly covered with 12 smoke bombs? Strand hunters endlessly grappling and suspension diving? Solar hunters hosting a circus of knife throwing? Stasis boys and their duskfields? Asking for a friend.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Kith posted:

this post is incredible because your set of complaints about Guy apply to all of the classes in their own ways but most of all to Warlocks
I mean, Guy was a Titan in this case, but sure.

I wish we were exposed to more evidential data than those stupid banners, but here we are.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
AFAIK warlocks haven't been able to one-hit melee in PVP since the good old days of handheld supernova?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Counterpoint: Hunters have Arc and Liar's Handshake and it is silly good fun.

Keen to see what we're getting for next season's artifact. If we do get Stasis and Arc perks it'll be hilarious if we get the flip around of "wow why even play Void or Solar, they're so trash compared to Stasis/Arc."

I'm making some fun builds in this end season on the basis of "is fun to play with no seasonal perks" because then the extra perks are just gonna increase the fun. I feel like if we do get Stasis/Arc stuff next season (which hasn't been concerned) then the Bakris build I'm working on is gonna be hilariously fun.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ponzicar posted:

What would be the most oppressive hunter team? Not necessarily one that would win the majority of the time, but rather one that would be the least fun to play against? A team of omni lovers making sure the map is constantly covered with 12 smoke bombs? Strand hunters endlessly grappling and suspension diving? Solar hunters hosting a circus of knife throwing? Stasis boys and their duskfields? Asking for a friend.

probably all YAS hunters. Leaving tripmines everywhere will get old very fast... for the other team.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Odds on Titans will get wrecked in the next PvP balance update based on honeypot data from 2023 GG.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Shockeh posted:

I wish we were exposed to more evidential data than those stupid banners, but here we are.

The banners have absolutely no relation to class performance in Supremacy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's my opinion on class balance in PvP.

Who the gently caress cares, play enough to get your rewards and then stop playing.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Everyone should play approximately 3-5 games of PvP per week to get bounties and pinnacle gear. If you are caught playing more than that, you eat a 24-hour ban.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Everyone should play approximately 3-5 games of PvP per week to get bounties and pinnacle gear. If you are caught playing more than that, you eat a 24-hour ban.

If you play a game of PvP and the game does not detect progress towards a powerful/pinnacle challenge, bounty, quest or seasonal challenge, you are banned for 24 hours.

Crucible and Trials rep tracks are replaced with Shaxx and Saint-14 giving you exotics, ascendant shards and adept weapons for free if you did not play any PvP that week.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
all i know is i wouldn't have gotten the current season glaive if it weren't for IB

i wanted to finally get conq seal this season, but i never had the time to sit down through a GM, nevermind each unique one as it was available, i probably would've gotten it from that but c'est la vie

Necrobama fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 5, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

I mean, Guy was a Titan in this case, but sure.

yes, this is why it's funny

anyway:

MJeff posted:

Here's my opinion on class balance in PvP.

Who the gently caress cares, play enough to get your rewards and then stop playing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Does anyone remember how the accelerated ability recharge mechanic for GG works? Sometimes I get 5 stacks of gold ability recharge, but also a separate "Max" buff, and my super charges in <10 seconds, but I'm not sure exactly how I got there and they don't seem to bother documenting it this time.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think weapon kills empower abilities and vice versa

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

pack it up fellas

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Xur has the S18 arc hmg and the ikelos sniper if anyone needs to grab those for deepsightification

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1654541816316952576

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

also it’s statistically going to be Titans

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If you play as a Titan you don’t get matched up against titans. Instead you get matched up against six Goldie’s. :yeshaha:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this is me praying to xivu arath for him to bring back Retrofit Escapade into the weapon drop rotation

:prary:

e. :pray:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Sad Titans are gonna get nerfed even harder, but at least I’ll get another golden class item for Dresstiny

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I played a bunch of PvP this season. Like, two Shaxx resets, and a reset for both Trials and Irony Banana. Now I don't remember Trials much (tap thread title) but I enjoyed the hell out of IB and just general Crucru.

And then I got bored of it, stopped playing it and did other things and it has been good. That's the most ideal way to engage with the game imo.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

I played a bunch of PvP this season. Like, two Shaxx resets, and a reset for both Trials and Irony Banana.

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are you the guy I saw in the tower a while ago whose name was “Gambit Sux” and whose title was “Dredgen”

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

For someone who never gets a single crucible reset that is a lot. It's been made pretty obvious I only really do PvE so :shrug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

For someone who never gets a single crucible reset that is a lot. It's been made pretty obvious I only really do PvE so :shrug:

It's a joke. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Are you the guy I saw in the tower a while ago whose name was “Gambit Sux” and whose title was “Dredgen”

This is just the broader D2 player base distilled. :v:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's a joke. :v:

I'm a joke you jerk face :mad:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm a joke you jerk face :mad:

A joke at PvP!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

How many times had it been gilded?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Guardian Games is throwing tons of these smgs/scout rifles at me, but too busy with work so I don't have time to mess around with different rolls. What are y'alls favorite perk combos for these guns? Haven't got the room to store a dozen of each.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I fuckin love gambit and I wish there were more double rep weeks for it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Listerine posted:

Guardian Games is throwing tons of these smgs/scout rifles at me, but too busy with work so I don't have time to mess around with different rolls. What are y'alls favorite perk combos for these guns? Haven't got the room to store a dozen of each.

On the scout:

For PvE: 4TTC or Outlaw for #3, Hatchling or Explosive Payload for #4 is probably the ideal.

For PvP: Honestly 200rpm scout rifles aren't in a great spot in PvP, and I'm not sure if there's a go-to roll here. Outlaw/Kill Clip seems to be popular; it can 3h while KC is up, although getting that first kill might be a pain. The curated roll has Zen Moment / Hatchling, which isn't bad.

If you get a Gutshot/ExplosivePayload roll, consider holding on to it; there's an interaction right now where the Gutshot bonus applies to the explosive damage from EP. The grand total bonus is +38% on bodyshots, or +16% to headshots (on top of the crit bonus), so it's like having the damage part of Frenzy at all times, making it unusually forgiving for a scout. That might be as close as the scout comes to a PvP roll.

On the SMG:

For PvE: There's a fair number of decent options here. Repulsor Brace, Swashbuckler, Surrounded, Vorpal are all good in various ways. Threat Detector, Pereptual Motion, Pugilist, etc. all good in the 3rd slot.
For PvP: Threat Detector or Perpetual Motion and Rangefinder. The curated roll has PM/Rangefinder.

Unfortunately, the S4A/O4A combo that you could get on last year's Title is now gone.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 6, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Scout has some great rolls. Column 3 you're looking for 4ttC or Outlaw (my preference), and Explosive Payload (versatile) or Hatchling (cause baby) in column 4. There's also Zen Moment and Kill Clip as a classic standbys. 4ttC and Focused Fury could be fun if you feel it, but I didn't vibe too much.

Neutrally you have No Distractions and Moving Target in column 3. They're fine. Not amazing, and given how many guns you get probably not worth keeping them. Encore, Keep Away and Cascade Point are fun perks, but with KC, EP and Hatchling in the same column it's hard to justify them.

For The Title in terms of PvE Perpetual Motion, Threat Detector or even Envious Assassin for giggles are good. Surrounded, Swashbuckler, Vorpal (I guess) are fine, but it rolls Repulsor Brace which is, to me, the no brainer if you have any way of making Void debuffs.

In summary, Outlaw/Explosive Payload (or Hatchling) for the Scout, and Perpetual Motion/Repulsor Brace for The Title. In my opinion.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Paracelsus posted:

Does anyone remember how the accelerated ability recharge mechanic for GG works? Sometimes I get 5 stacks of gold ability recharge, but also a separate "Max" buff, and my super charges in <10 seconds, but I'm not sure exactly how I got there and they don't seem to bother documenting it this time.

Weapon kills buff ability regen and ability kills buff weapon damage. Maxing both grants increased agility making me miss all my jumps. :argh:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Scout rifle cascade point is hilarious. Coolguy has a video showing hitting people with one shot in the head in PvP with Trinity Ghoul ADS instantly proccing Cascade Point, and then mowing people down.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

neutral milf hotel posted:

this is me praying to xivu arath for him to bring back Retrofit Escapade into the weapon drop rotation

:prary:

e. :pray:

I loving wish, but we both know they ain't gonna do it. Not until the last week of the servers being live, in whatever loving year that ends up being.
They should just let us pull stuff from the collections tab, but that also ain't gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Bombardiers poo poo do their effect instantly. That'd make the exotic pants really fun. Also I guess fix the weird verb thing it's got going on. Arc doesn't actually blind, Void has "lite suppression" (tho they could just make it weaken), Stasis applies and refreshes slow, but without adding slow stacks. But Solar adds scorch and Strand applies sever fine. Weird.

I could see where it might get a bit bonkers tho. If it applies the verb instantly you could get some silly things like Stasis auto freezing on dodge (if it added slow stacks with the aspect that slows on dodge) altho in PvE that'd be pretty amazing. Severing and blinding enemies instantly on a dodge would be a bit nuts too.

Honestly it'd be hella fun in PvE but might break PvP lol

Secondary thought is change Stasis and Void effects to add full Overshield of each type (also please buff Stasis overshield DR to 50% like Void) and Strand adds Woven Mail. That'd be stupid and I'm here for it.