Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you mean Road to the Top, it's technically just an ONA series before the actual S3 comes out later this year(?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's an ova yeah hence the higher production values

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Speaking of to the top, when are those Haikyuu movies supposed to come out?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Vinland Saga recently did a preview for the next episode which totally bamboozled me, but in retrospect I really should have known better. :v: The episode ends with the main characters desperately trying to help Arnheid and her husband Gardar escape the horrific conditions they'd been trapped in but at the very last minute they get discovered. The preview showed that the next episode was called "The Road Home" and we see that Arnheid and Gardar are calmly leaving in a cart, smiling and holding hands. Oh boy, looks like someone in this depressing anime finally gets a happy ending!!! And then the next episode aired and :negative:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 3, 2023

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some of my favorite next episode previews are the really super overwrought ones like you get for stuff VOTOMs (or the hyper nonsensical garbage from Persona Trinity Soul). I also loved Digimon Ghost Game's next episode previews because it was the narrator talking ominously about urban legends while a bunch of clips played that very often obscured what the hell was going to happen in the next episode, it was interesting doubly so because they absolutely never showed any of the evolutions ahead of time...

I also really loved Odd Taxi's next episode previews, because it turns out in hindsight to be snippets of a conversation the protagonist is having after the end of the series reflecting on what happened in the story, and it turns out in context he's setting up a sting operation to catch the actual culprit which puts a totally different spin on the last shot of the series.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Mons Hubris posted:

Speaking of to the top, when are those Haikyuu movies supposed to come out?

No info yet I think. ANN wrote something about a "film kickoff event" in August this year though, so hopefully then we'll know

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

It varies from show to show whether I want previews or not. I'd go insane if G Witch did them. But I enjoy some of them especially for stuff like Bebop where the cast takes to the previews with all the enthusiasm of a pisstake, only for a preview to suddenly hit you with an incredibly insightful comment.

G-Witch not having previews really works in its favour, because it's a show that revels in its own mysteries and giving you nothing for next week's episode just leaves you what just happened in the current one to think on.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Nephthys posted:

The previews that stood out for me were Utena's because iirc they were mostly Utena being completely oblivious about whats happening in the episode and Anthy subtly making fun of her until one of the last few where Anthy drops a massive character plot point out of nowhere that isn't in the actual show but really explains alot about her actions. The one where she tells Utena that she's 'always despised' her.

Oh, THAT'S where that line is. I was skipping through those episodes the other day trying to find it and getting increasingly confused when I couldn't.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Explosions: Ah yes getting enough skill points by killing a Farfetch'd

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Love this guide on Crunchyroll of what order to watch Konosuba in, which essentially boils down to: watch episode 1, 2, 3, then watch episode 4, 5, 6, then watch episode 7 and so on.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New season of Clarkson's Farm took a strange turn.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What is the name of this

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ninjewtsu posted:

What is the name of this

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Love this guide on Crunchyroll of what order to watch Konosuba in, which essentially boils down to: watch episode 1, 2, 3, then watch episode 4, 5, 6, then watch episode 7 and so on.

that sounds pretty logical

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Kamikatsu continues to defy all expectations.

It's awesome. It's just straight up great. I don't know what the animators are on exactly but gently caress it, with a plot like this who cares.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why is there a kamikatsu spinoff manga about the main character's absurdly muscular sister

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think you answered your own question.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

The Colonel posted:

why is there a kamikatsu spinoff manga about the main character's absurdly muscular sister

The question isn't why.

The question is how much would you pay for it?

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Endorph posted:

i like the joke in ibo's next episode preview where an extremely minor background character does the preview narration and then is like 'huh? 'who are you?' its me. chad. ive been on the bridge this whole time. dont you remember me?'

I liked that they usually had an adlibbed line or two in there too.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I don't understand, when do you watch episode 12 then?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this looks like a giant rock pig who is putting its feet on its head like "OH GOD"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me at 7am Mon-Fri

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I tried a few episodes of Kamikatsu.

Funny bad CGI aside i don't think I'll keep watching. Not a fan of the Bertrand stuff at all.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the newest episode of yuri is my job is cool. being forced to act out your real world drama is a neat angle and i'm looking forward to how muddled things become.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Big Leg posted:

the newest episode of yuri is my job is cool. being forced to act out your real world drama is a neat angle and i'm looking forward to how muddled things become.

Love the fact that the show clearly has shown both Yano and Hime both made mistakes in the conclusions they came too. Love good old fashioned shojo misunderstanding

Also loved the brief look of jealousy and also fear that Yano showed when Kanoko spoke to Hime...

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

lol at birdie wing revealing eve's new bullet is water skipping a la jon rahm at the masters par 3

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
eve is like 100x cooler than tanjiro

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yet another episode where I think how cool a transforming course would be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Probably better for the environment because you'd only need the one and it probably takes up less space

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Golf Char's new student casually eating chips while Char destroyed his opponent was amazing. Can't wait to see her golf

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Big Leg posted:

eve is like 100x cooler than tanjiro

most things are

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eve for Character of the Year

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Latest episode of Mashle introduced the missing character from the OP a turbo incel. It looks like the cast is pretty much assholes all round, both as coprotagonists and antagonists.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the worst thing about the side characters in mashle is that they aren't very funny. i'm not sure if most of them are even supposed to be.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mashle is totally the Stoner Menu at Jack in the Box.

Aint gourmet but does its job.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
One episode of Mashle was enough for me (kinda reminded me of the second season of One Punch Man) but I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this week's episode was a good encapsulation of the series - a genuinely funny bit (the potion making lesson) followed by a bunch of unfunny bs involving side characters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the worst thing about the side characters in mashle is that they aren't very funny. i'm not sure if most of them are even supposed to be.

yea, that's the one weakness of it, compared to One Punch Man that has a huge range of interesting characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Got around to watch the first episodes of Jigokuraku. Pretty solid monster/murder island story. Butterflies with faces/10