Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I know AFL video games are bad, but loving hell this AFL23 is incredible with how bad it is. Watching a friend stream it and on the hardest difficulty the opposition are running away from the ball carrier. He's standing with the ball in the goal square, a defender is standing about 5 meters away from him looking at the crowd doing nothing. Its so, so bad.

edit: He literally played with his back turned to the screen and still scored a goal from a centre bounce. On the hardest difficulty.

thepokey fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I played a bit of Evolution 2 with my bro and despite the low budget jank it was actually really fun.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

John Longmire just turned into the umpire mid quarter time address and then the bench appeared in the centre square

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

I know AFL video games are bad, but loving hell this AFL23 is incredible with how bad it is. Watching a friend stream it and on the hardest difficulty the opposition are running away from the ball carrier. He's standing with the ball in the goal square, a defender is standing about 5 meters away from him looking at the crowd doing nothing. Its so, so bad.

edit: He literally played with his back turned to the screen and still scored a goal from a centre bounce. On the hardest difficulty.

there's been a day one patch now and now it's just regular bad instead of cyberpunk bad

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Apparently PC only at this moment, I was watching PS5 to be fair I guess

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It is literally the same game from the previous 3 iterations, just handballed to different studios each time to make it look like someone actually gives a gently caress with a modest graphics redo.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Essendon nailed their SDNR jersey this year

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Coming up against a Lions side missing a couple of key players and unable to travel well, Carlton instead get their pants pulled down on their home deck in front of all their fans

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Carlton are bad. They're a vanilla team. People froth Sam Walsh but he's flavourless.

Curnow is a bit of spicy but otherwise.... boooooring.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

It is literally the same game from the previous 3 iterations, just handballed to different studios each time to make it look like someone actually gives a gently caress with a modest graphics redo.

It’s actually significantly worse imo

If my kids were a bit older and I had been buying it for them instead of myself I’d be incredibly pissed off.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 5, 2023

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Dogs, Collingwood, Sydney (away), Melbourne, Essendon.

Entirely possible that Carlton could go 0-5.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Richmond are looking real bad. Against any other team they'd be 5 goals down I reckon

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Lol. I know everyone is freaking out over a new stadium vs all the other crisis Labor is apparently not fixing fast enough but I did hear they are planning on having 40+ events at the place every year. It must have a reasonable profit prospectus attached to it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

Lol. I know everyone is freaking out over a new stadium vs all the other crisis Labor is apparently not fixing fast enough but I did hear they are planning on having 40+ events at the place every year. It must have a reasonable profit prospectus attached to it.

I heard they're considering it for the final stage of the Targa

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
no you see an unexplained joke from 30 years ago means its an super terribad decision

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Red jumper, yellow side stripes. Navy blue sleeve edges, but sky blue socks. Why would you have two different shades of blue on the kit? Not only is it boring, it's also bad.

I feel like Gold Coast paid for a style guide that a graphic designer shat out over a day and ever since then the intern has been in charge of things.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Kicking 2.6 to 2.1 in the last quarter made that finish pretty stressful

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Glad I decided not to go to this game. Yuck.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If I’d flown down to watch a Saints game in person…it’s as much the experience as the game. But woof, this is pretty dire so far.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Swans deciding to lose this game by simply missing every set shot in front of goal.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Culley has done his ACL.

We have literally no players left to bring in on our list at this point, cursed.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

8.16 to 4.10, now that looks like a game Ross Lyon was involved in

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hot take: JVR shouldn't be suspended for being involved in a legitimate spoiling contest. He missed the ball by inches.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Diet Crack posted:

Culley has done his ACL.

We have literally no players left to bring in on our list at this point, cursed.

Has it ever got to the point where someone has had to play injured because there was literally no one else?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Hot take: JVR shouldn't be suspended for being involved in a legitimate spoiling contest. He missed the ball by inches.

If the tribunal upholds that as a suspension, you’re telling everyone that you must not take your eyes off the ball at all when going back with the flight which is a loving insanely dangerous standard to set.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

gay picnic defence posted:

Has it ever got to the point where someone has had to play injured because there was literally no one else?

I'm pretty sure in that case the AFL would approve you bringing in an extra injury-replacement player. It has happened at AFLW level (it's how Rachelle Martin first got a game for the Crows), not sure about AFL level.

I can remember the Crows having to name an injured player on the emergency list once due to having only 24 fit players on the list. Mind you, the Crows also used an injured player as their injury sub once which was it's own little debacle.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

Mind you, the Crows also used an injured player as their injury sub once which was it's own little debacle.

Essendon did that in the Woosha years too.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Good learnings though

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Yeah, I think at that time the injury sub could "only" be used if there was an actual injury (although clubs seemed perfectly willing and able to fudge the details there) so it was very common for a sub to get no game-time at all. I think we had four weeks in a row where the sub wasn't used, and so we decided to give our fit players actual games in the SANFL rather than keeping the bench warm during an away match. Of course it immediately backfired.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

Yeah, I think at that time the injury sub could "only" be used if there was an actual injury (although clubs seemed perfectly willing and able to fudge the details there) so it was very common for a sub to get no game-time at all. I think we had four weeks in a row where the sub wasn't used, and so we decided to give our fit players actual games in the SANFL rather than keeping the bench warm during an away match. Of course it immediately backfired.

In Essendon's case it was because they did something stupid like only taking one emergency to Perth and then someone got injured in the warmup or something. I think Goddard played out the game on one leg in the end.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

This just in: Tribunal is bullshit

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

quote:

Tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson: ""It was reasonable for him to look at Ballard and the drop of the ball and assess the situation. We find his objective at the moment of, and prior to impact, was to spoil the mark.

"However we also find that a reasonable player would have foreseen that in spoiling the way he did, it would have almost inevitably resulted in a forceful blow to Ballard's head."

what the actual gently caress

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 9, 2023

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

And Micheal Christian as MRO is worse.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

At least they gave Rioli 3 weeks even if Graham Cornes is suggesting Ridley either magically got concussed or is faking it

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
edit: graham cornes isn't actually dead, lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

monolithburger posted:

edit: graham cornes isn't actually dead, lol

Debatable

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

After being signed 35 days ago as a cat B rookie, James O'Donnell is making his AFL debut this weekend for the Bulldogs.

https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/1656554891127689216

Let me off Mr. Bevo's wild ride.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 11, 2023

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Testekill posted:

After being signed 35 days ago as a cat B rookie, James O'Donnell is making his AFL debut this weekend for the Bulldogs.

https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/1656554891127689216

Let me off Mr. Bevo's wild ride.

Are they sure autocomplete hasn't picked the wrong team when they were trying to say West Coast?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nah, we don't have anyone left to bring in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Melbourne Demons moral premiers 2023