Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Yeah, even reading that single linked page it definitely comes across as a curated linear experience (some of the works, or certainly the commentary, is too forced). But it still seemed like a fun thought prompt if nothing else, the idea that there was a war in the 60s over the psychic technology of humans jumping to parallel universes (though perhaps we could do without the implication of tantric sex with a 14 year old)

Still, if it was an ARG was it ever related to any product, or just some lone enthusiast?

I have no idea, it sounds like you've understood more of it than I ever did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
A crop circle just appeared at King's Charles coronation party location.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
incredible technology

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
but what does it mean?? :thunk:

Anyway, found Garry Nolan's reddit account (can't remember if this has come up ITT before)

https://www.reddit.com/user/garryjpnolan_prime

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea, but he hasn't posted in a month

guess he got bored with all the trash on reddit

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

that's amazing, such geometric complexity

but what does it mean??

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

what does it mean

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what does it mean

nazca balls

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Clearly a representation of a fertility god, given a position of prominence for an imminent fertility ritual.

These primitive flesh-built humper apes really don't do anything for any other reason.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what ever happened to that balloon drifting towards mexico

guess we'll never hear about that again either

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

where in the gently caress are my sky trash updates

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what ever happened to that balloon drifting towards mexico

guess we'll never hear about that again either

Maybe it crashed somewhere in New Mexico?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

me personally, i dont give a poo poo what happens to balloons im not really a "balloon guy" like billoon or other notable balloon people

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I love the balloons

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

New orb dropped

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comme...nt=share_button

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Oh sorry, that's actually where my jock strap came loose.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

spring has sprung

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
now's the perfect time to start a twitter to repost my ufo/paranormal blogging: https://twitter.com/DrJerroldCoe

(Borat voice: NOT!)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Did anybody else miss the fact that apparently Morgellon's was identified a few years back as an actual disease and all of those people weren't crazy? It's caused by a tick born infection.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

same with chronic fatigue

oops ! it was real the whole time

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

D-Pad posted:

Did anybody else miss the fact that apparently Morgellon's was identified a few years back as an actual disease and all of those people weren't crazy? It's caused by a tick born infection.

lol it turns out that in the famous study that "disproved" its existence, the CDC used a general pathogen test and then shrugged and called them crazy when it turned up negative instead of digging in to see if it was caused by one of the pathogens that is known not to show up on that panel of tests (as it turns out, it was caused by one of the pathogens that is known not to show up on that panel of tests)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Jazerus posted:

lol it turns out that in the famous study that "disproved" its existence, the CDC used a general pathogen test and then shrugged and called them crazy when it turned up negative instead of digging in to see if it was caused by one of the pathogens that is known not to show up on that panel of tests (as it turns out, it was caused by one of the pathogens that is known not to show up on that panel of tests)

the cdc? being absolutely terrible at their jobs? maybe would have surprised me

three years ago

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

D-Pad posted:

Lol neat

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I assume that was a case of Doctors neglecting a female-coded problem

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I assume that was a case of Doctors neglecting a female-coded problem

Probably doesn't help that it looks like meth sores and their claiming fibers are growing out of them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the hbo heaven’s gate docu is pretty interesting.

“with a powerful enough telescope you can see god”

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thats a pretty good futurama episode

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

random aside, was there ever any new info/context released about this article? it never gives up the conceit that it might be satire and as a result imo is the strangest thing wired has ever published

e: :synpa:

this is the worst poo poo. possibly one of the worst articles I ever skimmed through. saw that it managed to describe star trek, reference greta thunberg, the x files, and reddit.

"The Biggest Threat to Humanity" is climate change. Can't believe someone is getting paid for that crap.

The "new info/context" is stop reading Wired.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

It's an old orb, sir, but it checks out

Wales is actually a bit of a hot spot. The Pentrych and Broadhaven cases are two particularly fun ones

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

this is the worst poo poo. possibly one of the worst articles I ever skimmed through. saw that it managed to describe star trek, reference greta thunberg, the x files, and reddit.

"The Biggest Threat to Humanity" is climate change. Can't believe someone is getting paid for that crap.

The "new info/context" is stop reading Wired.

🥺👉👈 wouldn't it be cute if we... pretended that the world was ending due to sci-fi silliness while the world burns due to capitalism?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

started watching Leslie Kean’s Netflix series ’Surviving Death’ and oh my god Leslie what the gently caress are you doing, this cringey medium poo poo full of scammers is just gross and pathetic

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Wheeee posted:

started watching Leslie Kean’s Netflix series ’Surviving Death’ and oh my god Leslie what the gently caress are you doing, this cringey medium poo poo full of scammers is just gross and pathetic

Watch A Trip to Infinity instead. It's full of orbs. Like literal orb probes flying over earth and to the edge of the cosmos

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://www.tampafp.com/pasco-county-man-catches-ufos-on-camera-and-up-close/

e: oh god i attached the lovely screencap i took not the good one and i can't replace it please forgive me this is why you always use imgur

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Petey posted:

e: oh god i attached the lovely screencap i took not the good one and i can't replace it please forgive me this is why you always use imgur

That is a TIE fighter. Not a UFO

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Reagan :argh:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

D-Pad posted:

gonna need a link to this

fond memories of AboveTopSecret forums posts of blue fibers people would say they pulled out of themselves, creeped me out

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wheeee posted:

yeah thats Leslie. she's good with UFOs insofar as providing a platform for people to get their stories out and when it comes to spiritualist stuff she is just willing to believe literally anyone.

I read once that she may be not exactly what she appears and have some connection to Richard Doty i.e. she's a knowing disinfo agent, but never bothered to try and verify that.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
yeah any Dick Doty 'doc' that contains, this?

I'm not 100% on maintaining my 'seal of being right on'

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Check this fuckin poo poo out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_GqiZTe4k

1,400,000-400,000 ybp? Electrochemical processes? "Dark microbiome?" Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Petey posted:

What is a UFO? Simply put a UFO is nothing more than an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO).