Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/stephendziedzic/status/1654294951432425475

lol at the aussies

does australia have a large community of lost cause south vietnamese exiles like we do here in north america? secondly, are they are insane trumpers like ours? lollll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mantis42 posted:

Respect for the 5% for not being sheep.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Slavvy posted:

The antichen

eh, she's right. America is going to ramp and China will have no choice but to respond.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

yellowcar posted:

lol at the aussies

does australia have a large community of lost cause south vietnamese exiles like we do here in north america? secondly, are they are insane trumpers like ours? lollll

I mean, I get the idea but two of those service ribbons are literally just the south vietnam flag

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

yellowcar posted:

lol at the aussies

all the viet people i know in australia are/were gangster hooligans or your normal lib types. no real political groups that i know of

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

WASHINGTON – President Marcos is expected to meet with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak on the sidelines of the coronation of King Charles III this weekend to discuss partnerships, trade and possible military cooperation as well as the deployment of Filipino health workers to the United Kingdom.

Marcos left for the UK Friday, after a five-day official visit here, to attend the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla at Westminster Abbey today.

Speaking to reporters, Marcos said he needs to witness the ceremony because he personally knows Charles. He added that he had failed to attend the funeral of Charles’ mother, Queen Elizabeth, and was represented by his sister Irene.

“Since we know each other and it is a huge thing that he would be crowned as the king of the United Kingdom, I thought I have to attend,” the President said.

Philippine Ambassador to the UK and Northern Ireland Teodoro Locsin Jr. previously said Marcos and Charles used to play polo together.

Marcos’ UK visit is likely to open new opportunities to expand relations between the Philippines and the European nation, including military cooperation, Locsin said yesterday.

“I can’t think of a single instance where the Philippines and the UK ever disagreed. It’s been a continuing friendship and now I hope – under a President, who, to some extent, had his character formed with the British experience – will go deeper,” Locsin said in a media interview in London.

Marcos said he may have a “casual conservation” with Sunak while waiting for the coronation ceremony.

“I will meet with their new prime minister, Prime Minister Sunak, so we can talk and see if he has new ideas on the partnership between the UK and the Philippines,” he said.

“I think he would also say that we should strengthen it. The economy of the UK is struggling so it is one of the things we may talk about, trade, and I’m sure he will ask whether it is possible to send more health care workers from the Philippines to the UK,” he added.

According to Marcos, the meeting would have to be “very casual” because everybody has to follow the “very heavy” schedule of the coronation. He believes the Philippines and the UK will maintain the same relationship, which he described as “very advantageous to all parties involved.”

“So I think that we will stay the course and continue to deal with each other in a very similar way that we have done before,” the Chief Executive said. — Helen Flores

Lol cooperation with what military exactly

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the brits or the filipinos?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tankbuster posted:

the brits or the filipinos?

Yes

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Australia participated in almost all US foreign wars, they must mint a lot of coins.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Australia participated in almost all US foreign wars, they must mint a lot of coins.

Tons.

https://www.perthmint.com/collector-coins/

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
America rudely left it's colonies out of the one successful war since WW2, Grenada.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Back when I still carried cash it wasn't uncommon to see at least two or three commemorative edition coins in my wallet at a time, we're pretty fond of it. Usually the 50 cent piece, the big one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Back when I still carried cash it wasn't uncommon to see at least two or three commemorative edition coins in my wallet at a time, we're pretty fond of it. Usually the 50 cent piece, the big one.

Same. It felt wierd getting change, looking through them later and not finding commemorative coins.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Lol that poo poo cost 15 bucks and it just ends up with all the other coins.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

yellowcar posted:

lol at the aussies

Yeah, it seems antagonizing specifically Vietnam is a poor move.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Is there a particular reason I keep seeing the talking point that BRICS is collapsing or is that just the latest throw something at the wall to deny the obvious decline of America and the West

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's cope

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

KomradeX posted:

Is there a particular reason I keep seeing the talking point that BRICS is collapsing or is that just the latest throw something at the wall to deny the obvious decline of America and the West

Misdirection, projection, and outright fabrication are tools of the trade.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

yellowcar posted:

I live in a large Vietnamese area and during a recent state election there were a ton of signs for the DLP (gay conversion torture good, trans people bad, abortions bad, climate change not real religious party) in the downtown shop and restaurant windows.

There was a massive swing from the socdem incumbent (but retained). The two biggest swings were to the aforementioned religious cunts and the trots.

The DLP candidate was vietnamese.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

If the German Greens survive then Germany is doomed lol. Imagine getting your bespoke eco-friendly third party into power just to expand coal extraction

:capitalism:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

whenever you point out that you can't rely on the US to enforce Philippine claims on the South China Sea, because we've had these three military treaties with them for decades and it's never prevented all of the so-called Chinese incursions up to this point, out come the excuses:

but if the MDT was never supposed to prevent these things from happening, then that just proves the point, that inviting [more of] the US here isn't going to help, because they just admitted that the MDT isn't supposed to be doing that!

it's so loving stupid

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

fart simpson posted:

congrats to ding liren for becoming the first world chess champion from china

I love this

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Every day British people are braver than the Chinese Communist Party. Amazing, but expected.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesDailyapp/status/1654814516188774400

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1654806035683483649

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thanks

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Man Musk posted:

Every day British people are braver than the Chinese Communist Party. Amazing, but expected.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesDailyapp/status/1654814516188774400

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1654806035683483649

you are a piss gobbler

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he’s a trump thread poster. what do you expect

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

you are a piss gobbler

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

you are a piss gobbler

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh this retard again

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
The Chineses really ought to ditch their king though.

Wait what? What the gently caress is a General Secretary??

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/CollinSLKoh/status/1654656856588169216

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Man Musk posted:

The Chinese emperor was deposed decades ago wtf are you talking about.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

if the Chinese people just reached down, find their balls (figuratively OR literally) (#inclusion) and m*therf*cking protest, they can turn China into a liberal democracy. their long national nightmare of doubling standards of living every generation will finally end, spaghetti monster bless.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man a movie about the military that has nationalist grievance, what now

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao what would a "non-nationalist" Top Gun look like anyway

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Best Friends posted:

if the Chinese people just reached down, find their balls (figuratively OR literally) (#inclusion) and m*therf*cking protest, they can turn China into a liberal democracy. their long national nightmare of doubling standards of living every generation will finally end, spaghetti monster bless.

what if,

now hear me out,

communist democracy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yellowcar posted:

area 88

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yellowcar posted:

what was that stupid mid aughts movie where i think will smith and jessica biel had to shoot down skynet but it was inside a super drone

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Regarde Aduck posted:

you are a piss gobbler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what was that stupid mid aughts movie where i think will smith and jessica biel had to shoot down skynet but it was inside a super drone

that sounds like Stealth