Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress you food plate! You know nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There was a comic posted of a young child picked up from a destroyed Earth by a starship of junk traders, did it end or just trail off or.... I liked it and realized I hadn't seen it in ages just now.

VV thanks!

Rust Martialis has a new favorite as of 10:23 on May 6, 2023

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
That'd be Softies, I think it ran out of new pages but they're might of been some new ones posted between now and then.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

gently caress you food plate! You know nothing.

Clearly it at least knows how to use a semi-colon correctly.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Inspired by the timing of Joey's Special Experience syncing up with our very own Boba Pearl's Boots in a way that makes sense in MY brain (the pillar men are buff and mostly naked, much like the party in adventuring boots) so i set about having them Get Equipped with fun dress up props. I hope you enjoy, and remember to read right to left.

ACCESSORIZE, MY GUILDIES!

honestly i think i nailed it. most fun i've had drawing in a long time. tried my best to color boba style. they are in Marie's dressing room which has green carpet and green walls and color coded end caps based on the color of clothes on that "aisle"

when the idea first struck me i had to choose which character to portray which character: i thought of having Marie play as Wham giving the call to action and "presenting" her newly dressed friends from the foreground. This would have Jaina play as Cars, holding a phone taking pictures instead of the stone mask. either way i planned on having Spinnelope play AC/DC in the bg based on her striking a similar pose in a recent update. In the end I chose the maybe less inspired option of just going with Jaina = smaller = you're Wham /// Marie = leader = you're Cars.

character models:

I drew Jaina first and had to get creative with her outfit, I wanted to show off the strapped sandals, so I had to give her the shredded shorts hulk style instead of the normal full length pants. I also wanted to show off the abs gifted from the source material so off popped some buttons and the sleeves are gone too to show off the wrist bracelets.

I drew Marie second and maybe i have her pegged wrong but she strikes me as the kind of character that would go full Abu in the Cave of Wonders if presented with a bunch of fancy jewelry and just put it all on regardless of what matched with what. She has a kind of feather boa that is colored to match the black mana from earlier in the comic. in the end i have her catching air instead of holding an object because i didn't have any ideas at the time.

I drew Spinnelope last and man I couldn't have her just buck naked like AC/DC in the original so I put her in the dress seen in a recent update. I gave her the funny hat AC/DC has and took creative liberties by adding the word STRONG to it cuz i think it's funny. much like EMPTY PANEL ! is a joke based on how the original panel just has a sound effect and some dirt and rocks as filler.

now to hit post and take a biiiiig sleep

I'm gonna fuckin''' scream, this is awesome, you've grown so much as an artist it's really amazing! You're loving killing it.

If you'll let me, I want to put it up on the site under the fanart section, and if there are any other fanarts, or pieces people want on the site (I've lost quite a few :( ) I'll add it.

https://bobapearlessence.com/fanart.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sure why not, tho she looks different now because you changed your palette :v

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Synthbuttrange posted:

:eyepop:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh my god, this is one of the most cherished ones I couldn't find :') ty!!!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Glad ya'll enjoyed the art, i love jojo's and i love colorful unique characters of varying body types. i guess i repeat myself haha

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

THE DRAW PLAY

more logos if they were british

the AFC south

the jacksonville jaguars

the tennessee titans

the indianapolis colts

the houston texans

the AFC west

the denver broncos

the san diego los angeles chargers

the kansas city chiefs

the oakland las vegas raiders

bonus alternates for the cleveland browns

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

e-dt posted:

Typically, Ray fails to take into account the actual aerodynamic requirements of a propellor.

This is the first Achewood I ever read :allears:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"You have a really selfish idea of how to die from helicopters" is an obvious all-timer, but I would also give an honorable mention to "Who's going to look slicker in the casket - Johnny Cleanslice, or Timmy Headloaf?"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Glad that we have the best clowns (clown corps) and the most horrifying clowns ever (gog-agog) simultaneously

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 16-23, 1937)

https://twitter.com/ComicsKingdom/status/1654818382397489154?s=20

Also be sure to check out this today if you're interested. Although it does seem some of their archival features are still paywalled behind a premium subscription (won't let me use the archive past a certain point, won't let me manually enter a specific url before a certain date) it does seem that just pressing the 'previous' button on a certain strip allows you to go as far back as you want.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"You have a really selfish idea of how to die from helicopters" is an obvious all-timer, but I would also give an honorable mention to "Who's going to look slicker in the casket - Johnny Cleanslice, or Timmy Headloaf?"

It's the last panel that turns my growing :dudsmile: into a laugh.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

THE DRAW PLAY

more logos if they were british

the denver broncos

As a Brit married to a Coloradoan I've been waiting for this one. Not bad, not bad.

The Buggery Bandits is a name thought up either by someone who doesn't have a solid understanding of what buggery means or someone who knows exactly what they were doing (it must be the second one).

The first time I stayed with my (now) in-laws, I was trying to be on my best behavior and limited my swearing to bugger, which made sense at the time, and its variations. I didn't anticipate having to explain to my father-in-law (who genuinely seemed not to know) what it means though...

It took me a while to get into Achewood, I think mainly because of how wordy it can be and how tiny the text is on my phone. But I'm glad I stuck with it because you all were right, it has an amazing strength and consistency of character voices and some simply delightful turns of phrase.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

THE CARPET MERCHANT OF KONSTANTINIYYA

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RICE BOY

CONCLUSION

And that's all for Rice Boy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

amazing. just so good.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I say it a lot but it astonishes me every time you post how loving incredibly good The Carpet Merchant Of Konstantiniyya is.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

speaking of things that are pure and wonderful,

mr mr boop
book 4, 197-202
https://mrboop.net/

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Youremother posted:

I say it a lot but it astonishes me every time you post how loving incredibly good The Carpet Merchant Of Konstantiniyya is.

I'm not sure I've actually said this so I just want to add that I feel the same way.

Also thanks for wrapping up Rice Boy. I was kind of frustrated with the final arc right up until the actual twist recontextualized everything, and I adore when stories manage to pull that off.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Dig the Catholic/Jewish vestments on the officiating priest.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Demon
Chapter 14.02

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

Time to start the Lumina Flashback, which ended up taking too long and had some degree of a detrimental effect on the story's pacing. I think it works a lot better reading archivally though, and it's really important to the story and has a lot of strong moments, so, y'know. I guess let me know what you think as we go through it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, Mr. Spook and the Chow Sol'jer Army executed a successful Chowraid on the Hoi-Polloi Ring Herd.

A big threat appears.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:dudsmile:

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Beanworld is incredibly compelling. I don't think I've been so instantly drawn into a strip like this before. Something about it tickles my brain, I can't wait for tomorrow's pages!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

What on Earth is Beanworld

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Van von Hunter

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

For twelve years, you have been asking:

Hempuli posted:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The transition in Mr. Boop from “real world” back to the fantasy comic world is capital-A Art. I love that you can essentially pinpoint the moment that “Lizzie” breaks up with him. Pulling off a meta work of fiction is not an easy task, and it’s been done to death in every way imaginable. But Mr. Boop somehow found a wholly original approach to it that I really appreciate, while managing to be funny.

Anyway, it’s Saturday so here’s some CYELAT. I’m gonna post 5 at a time instead of 10 because this thread is overwhelming enough as is.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Inspired by the timing of Joey's Special Experience syncing up with our very own Boba Pearl's Boots in a way that makes sense in MY brain (the pillar men are buff and mostly naked, much like the party in adventuring boots) so i set about having them Get Equipped with fun dress up props. I hope you enjoy, and remember to read right to left.

ACCESSORIZE, MY GUILDIES!

honestly i think i nailed it. most fun i've had drawing in a long time. tried my best to color boba style. they are in Marie's dressing room which has green carpet and green walls and color coded end caps based on the color of clothes on that "aisle"

when the idea first struck me i had to choose which character to portray which character: i thought of having Marie play as Wham giving the call to action and "presenting" her newly dressed friends from the foreground. This would have Jaina play as Cars, holding a phone taking pictures instead of the stone mask. either way i planned on having Spinnelope play AC/DC in the bg based on her striking a similar pose in a recent update. In the end I chose the maybe less inspired option of just going with Jaina = smaller = you're Wham /// Marie = leader = you're Cars.

character models:

I drew Jaina first and had to get creative with her outfit, I wanted to show off the strapped sandals, so I had to give her the shredded shorts hulk style instead of the normal full length pants. I also wanted to show off the abs gifted from the source material so off popped some buttons and the sleeves are gone too to show off the wrist bracelets.

I drew Marie second and maybe i have her pegged wrong but she strikes me as the kind of character that would go full Abu in the Cave of Wonders if presented with a bunch of fancy jewelry and just put it all on regardless of what matched with what. She has a kind of feather boa that is colored to match the black mana from earlier in the comic. in the end i have her catching air instead of holding an object because i didn't have any ideas at the time.

I drew Spinnelope last and man I couldn't have her just buck naked like AC/DC in the original so I put her in the dress seen in a recent update. I gave her the funny hat AC/DC has and took creative liberties by adding the word STRONG to it cuz i think it's funny. much like EMPTY PANEL ! is a joke based on how the original panel just has a sound effect and some dirt and rocks as filler.

now to hit post and take a biiiiig sleep

i love the poses you've done. very dynamic. kinda reminds me of something i might see in a JJBA panel

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Hempuli posted:

Imagine someone who had a J.R.R. Tolkien level of world-building skills, but instead of doing them in service of recreating old Viking sagas with new invented language, they wanted to explain Monterey Pop Festival posters

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kinda want to see the aftermath of this one when they wind up with an army of identical Rosies who each regenerated from one of the dissection bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces

I like the changing expressions in the first strip.

MS Paint Masterpieces