Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Escobarbarian posted:

Absolutely lost my mind when I hung out on the back of a dragon for a while and then it dived into a loving chasm

If you think that's freaky, try learning about it the other way around, being down in the depths and you just see a loving dragon flying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man this game is incredible. Again, liked BotW just fine, but it didn't captivate me even close to how this game has. Can't stop thinking about it when I'm not playing lol

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like Nintendo copyright struck the discord server with all the custom emulator builds. Matter of time I suppose.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I own a switch lite. Is the game playable? I’m worried that the construction mechanic will involve extensive rotation of objects using motion controls that won’t work well on the lite.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Object rotation is done on 2 axis with nonmotion controls.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Anyone had any luck with amiibos daily reset working? Bet it doesn't help that Ryujin says I have -11 hours of play lol. The time fix hacks fix the save slots but don't seem to impact amiibos reset

Also anyone find fire proof armor that isn't the ugly Goron set? I have the rupees to buy prices but it's ugly and I didn't like it last game either.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 6, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: complaining on the internet solved issue within seconds lmao

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Anyone had any luck with amiibos daily reset working? Bet it doesn't help that Ryujin says I have -11 hours of play lol. The time fix hacks fix the save slots but don't seem to impact amiibos reset

Also anyone find fire proof armor that isn't the ugly Goron set? I have the rupees to buy prices but it's ugly and I didn't like it last game either.

the fireproof solution for fashion of the wild was always fireproof lizards with dragon horns for 30 minutes of stylish fire immunity

i think the only other single piece of fireproof armor that exists is the vah rudania helmet and in terms of fashion, well

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ogmius815 posted:

I own a switch lite. Is the game playable? I’m worried that the construction mechanic will involve extensive rotation of objects using motion controls that won’t work well on the lite.

It is, you hold the right shoulder button and rotate with the Dpad, no motions at all. As far as I know you can't even use motion if you wanted.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What's the deal with the nighttime gem vendor? I started the quest, and his brother moved to Tarrey Town, then said he appears on the hill to the NW at night time. It's been like 15 in-game days, i've checked every single one, and he hasn't appeared once.

Quest log updates to reflect that he "sometimes appears northwest of Tarrey Town at night".

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the fireproof solution for fashion of the wild was always fireproof lizards with dragon horns for 30 minutes of stylish fire immunity

i think the only other single piece of fireproof armor that exists is the vah rudania helmet and in terms of fashion, well

Ohhh right, I forgot how elixir strength worked. Better monster part is longer time. Yeah I'll just crap some more of these longies out on portable Zonai furnaces when I need to, in too deep to go get armour now and I have a few more lizards and 8 minute potions.

Also has anyone played around in the depths under Death Mountain yet? Been getting solid 30fps w vulcan usually but this place is slow mo 15fps. Depths fos normal elsewhere.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of stuff from the last game, has anyone found a good yellow-hearts source again this game? I keep getting trolled by the devs for going to good old-game locations usually by the fuckers throwing down those ganon hand masses

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Speaking of stuff from the last game, has anyone found a good yellow-hearts source again this game? I keep getting trolled by the devs for going to good old-game locations usually by the fuckers throwing down those ganon hand masses

i have the same question. someone tell me where the durians are, i've looked around the jungle a bit and not found any

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You can kill the entire mass of those with like 4 bomb arrows right in the center. And any defense up food renders the spawn afterwards to half a heart damage. Def a terror in the first 5 or 10 hours of the game, but more of an annoyance after that.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BabyRyoga posted:

You can kill the entire mass of those with like 4 bomb arrows right in the center. And any defense up food renders the spawn afterwards to half a heart damage. Def a terror in the first 5 or 10 hours of the game, but more of an annoyance after that.

I've been killing them just fine, they're just a bit of a pain and I suspect I just haven't found the proper "the trick" yet which I suspect is just going to be sitting down and finishing Riju so she can electrozap them all for me

but yeah no it's honestly just low key hilarious how many places they've popped up that are just pointedly "you remember this as a good spot from botw, well gently caress you" -- the durian farming spot, the old location for the teleport medallion, the old location for the hylian shield, the list goes on

e: I guess "the old location for the master sword" also sort of counts

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 6, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think they intentionally made those resources something you have to scrounge around for. I found a few good spots in secret springs of hebra. Quest for them but have only found 2 I think so far. And they're usually nested within a cave in a pretty magical spot, that's the most truffle I've had in one spot. Haven't found any good yellow stamina spots.

I guess it makes taking a heart an actual sensible option, rather than something you do only to get master sword before converting back to stamina

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i did find approximately 60 mighty bananas in the southern jungle looking for durians though, so at least there's attack+++ for days now

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
the south lomei castle top floor shrine made me lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol I fused a fire hydrant to my Zonai sword and now link has a really terrible splash attack

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Anyone find a durian farming circuit yet?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So far the only thing I actively dislike about this game is how many Eventide-style shrines there are

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Really? I kinda like those, really makes you engage with all the systems.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do we think its fair to say

BOTW is to OOT
as TOTK is to MM?

This is the feel i'm getting, though maybe not quite as drastic difference

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

So far the only thing I actively dislike about this game is how many Eventide-style shrines there are

Whoa I haven't found any of those yet but MGS Sustenance island from BotW was by far my fav dungeon/shrine/level. Good to know!

This game has some long rear end cutscenes, I need to pee after a boss fight can talk chill out

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

BabyRyoga posted:

BOTW is to OOT
as TOTK is to MM?

I don't think so. OoT and MM are different games doing different things, while it looks like TotK has pretty much all of BotW in it, plus some other stuff. Less a sequel, more a replacement.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

BOTW is to OOT
as TOTK is to MM?

I feel like this game is already much better than BotW, which I loved. Just everything better with more to do and ways to mess around, stuff to explore, better music, better characters and adventures and quests, better progression.

MM is my fav Zelda probably always will be but OoT feels a lot closer to it than this does to BotW.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

MM was a new game in the OOT engine where TotK is BoTW+++.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I don't think so. OoT and MM are different games doing different things, while it looks like TotK has pretty much all of BotW in it, plus some other stuff. Less a sequel, more a replacement.

The Dave posted:

MM was a new game in the OOT engine where TotK is BoTW+++.

100%. This game is making BOTW look like a tech demo

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

any ideas about what to do here? I was able to burn a piece of the wall but everything else is too wet and I can't fit through the hole

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

any ideas about what to do here? I was able to burn a piece of the wall but everything else is too wet and I can't fit through the hole

slice it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder what the original DLC plan was before they were like, gently caress it, let's just do the whole game over again but bigger and better.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Barreft posted:

slice it

lol I never even tried slicing it, burning always worked before, thanks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

lol I never even tried slicing it, burning always worked before, thanks

I did the same for like 2 hours lol

Has anyone beat Moragia? I have no idea how to control these jet things and I've ignored them all game, but there's 3 parked infront of it so I'm assuming I need to use them but get destroyed as I try

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Barreft posted:

slice it

Isn't slicing through vines identical to that literally the first thing you do on the great sky islands, lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barreft posted:

I did the same for like 2 hours lol

Has anyone beat Moragia? I have no idea how to control these jet things and I've ignored them all game, but there's 3 parked infront of it so I'm assuming I need to use them but get destroyed as I try

If that's the boss I'm thinking of you just hop on the steering wheel and it's easy to steer. Without the steering wheel you just move around on the glider to tilt it in whatever direction. Fun fight btw. Really loved that, hope there's a jet bombing range later on because I could go for some more of those.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So did Zelda kill two people in the past and spend some time in jail to get those teardrop eye tats?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

If that's the boss I'm thinking of you just hop on the steering wheel and it's easy to steer. Without the steering wheel you just move around on the glider to tilt it in whatever direction. Fun fight btw. Really loved that, hope there's a jet bombing range later on because I could go for some more of those.

I kept trying to use balloons and stuff to float up, I never realized it was an actual plane combat boss lol goddamn this game

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
will this ever stop working? such a weird challenge to appear so often and always be exactly the same

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Okay Mr Engineer, but have you tried cobbling together every nearby part into a hellish prison from which nothing could budge?

I think there's a way to complete each of them with just one, maybe two parts, but that's a self assigned challenge. Seems like it's more of something peppered around if you find yourself without rupees and food and low health, giving you a free rest ticket.

Barreft posted:

I kept trying to use balloons and stuff to float up, I never realized it was an actual plane combat boss lol goddamn this game

Haha I saw those planes with the big battery and stuff and was ready to just fly away and explore with it and come back but the fight was fun once I realized that's basically how to start it.

These are like classic boss fights properly using some new mechanic or gimmick or theme ahh I love it. So much more satisfying than fighting a green techno ghost in a mask over and over.

There's also sword duels! Well you don't have to use sword but I love a good 1v1 Link versus swordsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

One of the labs I forget which, mention a jetpack and that's all I want to find.