Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Obligatory complaint that the JP dub has Aoi Yuuki cast for a character with a grand total of something like 2 short paragraphs of spoken dialog so far, and not a single hot-blooded scream/shout in the entire thing.

For reference (may be considered mildly nsfw). It's a completely baffling decision on hoyo's part.

If you want to hear her in a role shes barely in shes in Honkai as Rita Rossweisse who could always potentially make the jump to Star Rail in some capacity at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Dehya in this event: I could tell something was up with the Mercenaries, they were working for Rich People.

My dude you work for a rich girl.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Maxwells Demon posted:

Dehya in this event: I could tell something was up with the Mercenaries, they were working for Rich People.

She's a gay rich girl though

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwells Demon posted:

No she doesn't. She was her bodyguard back when she had a terminal illness. But that got erased so she's never been employed by Dunyarzad's family.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

RareAcumen posted:

No she doesn't. She was her bodyguard back when she had a terminal illness. But that got erased so she's never been employed by Dunyarzad's family.

There's a bunch of stuff wrong with this statement so spoilers for the big sumeru archon quest and it's followup with scara as well as dehya's story quest.

The illness was caused by the forbidden knowledge left by the greater lord, but while the greater lord was removed entirely from memory we already saw with Scara's quest that you can't actually change the past, there's been numerous references to the sickness, like with Collei, so it's not like it didn't happen. Also, Dehya's entire story quest is about how Dunyarzad's dad was basically doing Dehya's father a favor by employing her to keep her from being a standard mercenary in the desert

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Garrand posted:

There's a bunch of stuff wrong with this statement so spoilers for the big sumeru archon quest and it's followup with scara as well as dehya's story quest.

The illness was caused by the forbidden knowledge left by the greater lord, but while the greater lord was removed entirely from memory we already saw with Scara's quest that you can't actually change the past, there's been numerous references to the sickness, like with Collei, so it's not like it didn't happen. Also, Dehya's entire story quest is about how Dunyarzad's dad was basically doing Dehya's father a favor by employing her to keep her from being a standard mercenary in the desert

Huh. I didn't do Dehya's story quest because I wasn't interested when she was released, and also I didn't want to constantly getting stopped while trying to do this event. Well that changes things.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Finished the event. Nahida's VA is really good. It's especially good when you consider how far the voice is from her normal speaking voice.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I need to find a team that works for Baizhu other than the super jank spread team I've been running, but moving away from nahida/kuki/haitham/xq playing the game on ez mode is painful

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Garrand posted:

Yeah, the disease existed but mysteriously went into remission one day. People probably just think the Lesser Lord finally did something about it. :shrug: Only the Traveler knows exactly what the Lesser Lord did about it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Space Opera posted:

Weapon mats are some of the fastest to farm though? Like I think it only takes me 2 days of condensed resin to go 1-80+. You do you, it just seems like a waste when there's so many real time limits on how fast you can earn exp for weapons.

Yeah it's not terrible if it's a weapon you want to use, but for just levelling random weapons.. I am so sick of those domains. Sitting on 283 fragile resins, so it's not like I'll ever run out unless I suddenly have a couple free years on my hands.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

How on earth do you have so many resources? Do you just not semi regularly pull/level/gear any new characters?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

sushibandit posted:

How on earth do you have so many resources? Do you just not semi regularly pull/level/gear any new characters?

For my part, I have everyone at 80/90 or higher, probably a dozen or more characters fully built with weapons artifacts talents, and I've got shittons of fragiles and random stuff. It just kind of builds up, just set goals and don't farm tiny artifact improvements endlessly I guess.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I periodically farm random artifact sets even if I'm not trying to gear up a character. Just "oh I don't have many good pieces for this set, let's burn some resin"

Also multiple copies of 4* weapons at level 90.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, the disease existed but mysteriously went into remission one day. People probably just think the Lesser Lord finally did something about it. :shrug: Only the Traveler knows exactly what the Lesser Lord did about it.

People might know something that's pretty close to the truth, like "having analyzed the false god's power, the Little Lord found hope of a cure for Eleazar and pursued it without delay".

For all that they get some fun mileage out of Kaveh kramering in at the end of it, all "I've been out in the deep desert for two months and WHAT the poo poo", I don't think we ever get the chance to see what the people who were there for it know. I mean, Al's not telling, that would be repeating himself or something.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The only thing people don't know is that Rukkhadevata ever existed. Everything she did just got shifted to Nahida.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

while I'm a bit annoyed HSR has the QOL improvents that fans have been asking for years, there's definitely been a large outcry online that game will somehow kill this game, but mihoyo at the very least knows what they're doing since GI, HSR, and the upcoming ZZZ game all cater to completely different audiences.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

How far in is “the splendorous sky that day”? I’d like to do the event but I just finished the prologue/hit adventure level 20.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

halokiller posted:

while I'm a bit annoyed HSR has the QOL improvents that fans have been asking for years, there's definitely been a large outcry online that game will somehow kill this game, but mihoyo at the very least knows what they're doing since GI, HSR, and the upcoming ZZZ game all cater to completely different audiences.

yeah those games can easily coexist. star rail is a more traditional gacha with higher than average production values, genshin is open world and realtime. theres no reason both games cant retain an audience.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

UHD posted:

all i remember of early kokomi is that people took one look at "cannot crit" and immediately disregarded her as dogshit garbage and then it turned out that didnt matter in the slightest

That's never really changed, but I don't know what people were expecting. Her Q's greatest asset is it refreshes her jelly and... that's it. That's Koko. The internet nostradamus "I called it!" poo poo is thick around her but (like every other character that isn't ZL) she never changed. poo poo changed around her, history forgets, and she's still used in the same freeze team I pulled her for despite Ganyu and Venti now being declared "bad".

If you want the actual history: Corrosion in Kokomi's abyss was turbofucked and applied so fast that healing was meaningless. You had to dps race the fly spawn. They walked it back, gave her a new artifact set so she did some damage, and now you have a generally useful character on top of being a pretty decent aoe hydro applier that takes a healer slot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

How far in is “the splendorous sky that day”? I’d like to do the event but I just finished the prologue/hit adventure level 20.

It’s hella far in.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

MarcusSA posted:

It’s hella far in.

Thank you. I won't worry about it then.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thank you. I won't worry about it then.

Does it let you skip it? For me it gave me a warning about missing context but it let me run there and do the event.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Eimi posted:

The only thing people don't know is that Rukkhadevata ever existed. Everything she did just got shifted to Nahida.

i wonder if they'll ever go into some of the implications of this. like, nahida's considered the original dendro archon now, right? so does she remember things that happened before she existed? do zhongli and venti now have memories of her?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Inflammatory posted:

i wonder if they'll ever go into some of the implications of this. like, nahida's considered the original dendro archon now, right? so does she remember things that happened before she existed? do zhongli and venti now have memories of her?

even dumber: why is she still the "lesser" lord if there was never a "greater" lord

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Inflammatory posted:

They cover this in the archon quest to help fight the Cataclysm she gave up her memories and adult form 500 years ago. That this is exactly what happened to Rukkhadevata after Desherets death, makes me want to say that happened to her too, but it's her name in the Forbidden Oasis and that was built by him so hard to really say.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

UHD posted:

even dumber: why is she still the "lesser" lord if there was never a "greater" lord
I think that's just a translation error, unfortunately.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

valuum posted:

Uh, turns out you can only have 9999 mystic enhancement ores. Getting this error message like 10 times a day is going to be greeeat.

How did you build up so much? Is there a passive way of gaining those?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

How did you build up so much? Is there a passive way of gaining those?
The easiest passive methods are events, teapot coins, and running ore expeditions which you turn into enhancement ores at the forge (in the process fulfilling both a daily and weekly battle pass task).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok gently caress this fish jumping mini game

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

MarcusSA posted:

Does it let you skip it? For me it gave me a warning about missing context but it let me run there and do the event.

There's still a minimum AR/quest completion you need to hit, and while I don't know what those are off the top of my head, I kinda doubt an AR 20 account can reach them before the event expires.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Finally getting around to all the minigames and what the heck was with that project connectivity one? The final map was both the easiest and required just 2 props to complete, and honestly I probably could have gotten away with just one if I cared enough to perfectly tweak its placement, but the second level was super annoying.

Lol at them putting an actual "the floor is lava" game in.

MarcusSA posted:

Ok gently caress this fish jumping mini game
Ignore the audio, just focus on timing your jump to be the same duration from the 2nd fish, as the 2nd fish was from the 1st. The time range seems pretty generous too (intentionally tried to fail a couple of jumps toward the end and it counted them as accurate), so it shouldn't be that difficult to clear.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 6, 2023

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Mailer posted:

Jean is a real heartbreaker. I have her at C3, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. She's such a fundamentally good character but outside of Xiao she just doesn't have a home. :/

Using Jean to pickup Klee’s bomblets is a fun thing to do which is completely useless for doing anything that isn’t loving around. I like this game but despite the elemental reactions being a selling point, very little of the combat is mechanically interesting. With the exception of freeze and overload, they just do some extra damage.

You should be able to knock Zhongli’s pillar down on enemies, or throw enemy projectiles back with Candace’s shield. They ripped off everything else off of BoTW, they could have at least added some ways to screw around.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

FractalSandwich posted:

I think that's just a translation error, unfortunately.

Yeah, I wondered if, post memory fuckery, it was now meant to be to be "little" as in shes currently physically small, physically lesser than she used to be, instead of the pre memory fuckery lesser as in "not as good as". Greater and lesser can mean bigger and smaller as well as better and worse, but in the context of the Akidemia obviously treating her as "worse lord kusinalli" for the entire archon quest, obviously thats the meaning we're going to hear when they continue to use that name despite not remembering any other lord to compare her to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Space Opera posted:

There's still a minimum AR/quest completion you need to hit, and while I don't know what those are off the top of my head, I kinda doubt an AR 20 account can reach them before the event expires.

I haven't done any Sumeru stuff except the last event but I went straight over to the side quest and I'm able to do it just fine. It's definitely a huge trek to get there, but I think they're not joking about the only requirements being AR 20 and finishing that quest.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

halokiller posted:

I'm huffing copium that all those QoL will get put into 4.0.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Apparently we've got pretty solid confirmation of the upcoming 3.7 banners:

Part 1: Yae Miko and Yoimiya, with Kirara/Chongyun/Yun Jin
Part 2: Kazuha and Alhaitham, with Yaoyao/Xiangling/Heizou

Torn between getting Yoi, who I will never use. Or Miko constellations, which are at least useful, but feel wrong somehow? Like who even pulls for 5 star cons, seriously. At least if I have Yoimiya I can give advice to people who wanna play her...

Making the sensible decision to NOT pull for 4 stars is of course not an option :colbert:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've never regretted pulling for Yoimiya, she's just Fun

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Neat, aside from trying to get a copy of catgirl, both those banners are skips/already have. Makes me feel not so bad about burning a bunch to get kevin & baloo.

Wrapped up all the akademiya minigames, took maybe an hour total? Not too bad, I was expecting worse based on the prior quests leading up to the minigames.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

already have best girl and sultry fox

sad to miss out on the catgirl but it's a skip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Traveller posted:

I've never regretted pulling for Yoimiya, she's just Fun

:same:

might go for a constellation, or the catgirl, whichever comes first