Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I hope I’m rusty, I want it to feel as fresh as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I hated the deserts

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

mcmagic posted:

So 3AM on the 12th is the time?
For the digital unlock? It'll be at "midnight" for whatever your purchase region is set for. Like for the USA, they base that on 12 AM Eastern - which means it unlocks at 11 PM on the 11th for Central, 10 PM on the 11th for Mountain, 9 PM on the 11th for Pacific (and Arizona, since we're in DST), 8PM on the 11th for Alaska, 6 PM on the 11th for Hawaii (all assuming USA region).

But like the UK store unlock will be hours before the USA. The earliest possible time you could play the game (without playing a leaked digital copy or a physical cart sold before street date) would be if you got yours on an AU/NZ store account (think they share the same region for store purposes). That would be equivalent to unlocking at 10 AM on the 11th for Eastern.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this preloaded and I'm moving it from my SD card to my system memory just in case that makes loading a little faster like it did with BotW.

This week's gonna feel so long :ohdear:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
After playing for years I'm finally almost finished with BotW, just in time!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rageaholic posted:

This week's gonna feel so long :ohdear:

Ugh the preload taunts me. drat you!!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Popete posted:

I'm interested in how your experience is going to be going into TOTK with everything so fresh.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

sigher posted:

I'm interested in how your experience is going to be going into TOTK with everything so fresh.

I finally went back after 5.5 years to finish the dlc, get all the silly costumes and go straight into totk....would be what I would say if I could finish the trials of the sword on master mode, because fuuuuck

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Popete posted:

Ditto, my save file was just Revali's Gale, a bunch of shrines, and all the armor upgrades I could manage lol. I've knocked out the other beasts and now I'm sweeping through the castle picking up side quests before I go in for Ganon.

My guardian laser parry game got so weak after not playing for awhile and the castle Lynel absolutely trounced me.

I'm just worried once I get used to TotK I won't want to go back to BotW for awhile so I want that star on my save file.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Bought an oled switch for dis here Zelda game, gonna be some good arse Zelda

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Bought a new TV yesterday in preparation for da game

No ragrats

Also TIL about whistle fishing, where you herd fish onto a beach (dolphin style) via whistling to drive them away from you while standing on cryo blocks. Lmfao. Then you just run the line of beached fishies and pick them all up.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I dropped BotW like, 5-6 years ago having barely done anything and now I just cleared a lot of stuff and 3 Divine Beasts. Once I find the last 3 memories and clear the Gerudo one I'll go do the final boss so I'm ready for TotK. Thankfully having not done everything I hope TotK will still be fresh now that I love the BotW style.

(Please less rain though).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I dropped BotW like, 5-6 years ago having barely done anything and now I just cleared a lot of stuff and 3 Divine Beasts. Once I find the last 3 memories and clear the Gerudo one I'll go do the final boss so I'm ready for TotK. Thankfully having not done everything I hope TotK will still be fresh now that I love the BotW style.

We're basically at the same spot. I'm working thru Gerudo region and then probably need to finish up a few memories and then I'll head straight to the castle.

I had actually played a good amount of BotW on WiiU before I got a switch and had to restart which probably is why it's taken me so long. I replayed the same regions and then dropped the game for awhile.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thing is I'd actually like to do more content! Like the dragons, buying a house, uograding armor so I don't die in 2 hits, visiting the southeast that I never touched besides Faron Woods. Too bad it all costs a shitton.

But I do want to finish the game (and maybe AoC) before TotK is released for full inmersion. I guess I could have it as stuff to do when bored/done with TotK.

Edit: Technically I did the castle, I went for the DLC armor not knowing it was poo poo stat wise besides reducing stamina costs and not knowing the last piece was above the final boss :v: So my second visit will be to get the Hylian Shield and beat Ganon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Imagine in your mind a perfectly spherical Link.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

madmatt112 posted:

Bought a new TV yesterday in preparation for da game

No ragrats

I’m probably gonna do the same, the TV in my bedroom is a 32” LCD that maxes out at 720p. A nice LED @ 1080p will be a nice upgrade

Also I was floored at how cheap TVs are these days, I can get a 32” LED TV for like $150, which is about half of what I paid for the LCD TV in like 2009 :eyepop:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Did the soundtrack get released yet?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SyRauk posted:

Did the soundtrack get released yet?

The ripped soundtrack usually comes out a few days to a week after. The actual cd soundtrack is probably a year out, going by the BOTW big 4 disc cd addition. (They never launch these things on Spotify/
Streaming, which is a shame.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I've only seen rain once in like 6~ hours of gameplay, I think they reigned it in a bit or I'm stupidly lucky.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay who decided the last memory's photo hint? Every single other one has some sort of distinctive stuff that lets you realize "wait, it's here!". Meanwhile the last one is "here's a generic forest, get reckt lol". I thought it'd be around the shrine of resurrection since it's among the latest memories but nope.

I'd look it up but I felt proud finding all other memories without a guide and don't want to be defeated by it. If at least I knew where to find the painter that gives a hint for it...

EDIT: And after thinking where could Zelda have gone after the previous memory, I find a new outpost with the hint. Complaining on forums always works!

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 6, 2023

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah you'll find the hint from pikango if you're looking for stables (or following roads to them), but aside from finding that hint it could be in almost any forest.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Does TotK carry any save game info over from BotW or is it a standalone game? I ask because I finished BotW back when it first came out, but stupidly formatted my Switch to sell it (but never did). Is there any point in me completing BotW again to carry over that stuff into the new game or nah?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Qubee posted:

Does TotK carry any save game info over from BotW or is it a standalone game? I ask because I finished BotW back when it first came out, but stupidly formatted my Switch to sell it (but never did). Is there any point in me completing BotW again to carry over that stuff into the new game or nah?

Apparently, the horses you have stabled will carry over.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Qubee posted:

To my knowledge, your horses carry over, if there's anything else I don't know about it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you didn't get every Korok seed in BotW, the ones you missed will have a tiny grave and Poe you have to fight.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The switch OEM hard drive isn't really made for PS5 size games lol. This game will take up more than half your entire HD haha.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Akett posted:

To my knowledge, your horses carry over, if there's anything else I don't know about it.

Even the unique horses? If I lost Wumbin and Sir Chugs then my world is over

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

The switch OEM hard drive isn't really made for PS5 size games lol. This game will take up more than half your entire HD haha.

Half a tb of sd card costs less than totk.

Nand prices fell off a cliff into a sink hole, load up while you can.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Half a tb of sd card costs less than totk.

Nand prices fell off a cliff into a sink hole, load up while you can.

Are they still high risk items to buy on Amazon or has that ever been fixed?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

If you didn't get every Korok seed in BotW, the ones you missed will have a tiny grave and Poe you have to fight.

Noooo

I am no good at finding korok seeds. I have like 150. That means there are puzzles in plain sight that I'm still missing but I swear I've found these things like 20 different ways.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

pentyne posted:

Are they still high risk items to buy on Amazon or has that ever been fixed?

Probably, seems like a lot of the major online retailers get fake ones mixed in with the good stuff. Direct from manufacturer is the best way to go.

You can get software that tests for genuine but it's still a hassle. Put it in your PC and it'll spit out the real specs. Should match the spec of the model number on the manufacturer website. Shop around for pricing comparison, don't buy unbranded cards or from weird sellers, a deal that looks way too good is probably poo poo, etc.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fwiw I've never gotten a bum card from Amazon when buying from the SanDisk or Kingston store.

Might just be lucky but in any case, avoid all the fake stores called CYBERJUN or XOOSHINCD

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Found all memories and already inside the last Divine Beast! Almost at endgame now.

...just gotta kill the worm in my head telling me to do the Champion's Ballad too for more content with the chosen ones before TotK despite probably not mattering.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Champion's Ballad is really fun though

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Found all memories and already inside the last Divine Beast! Almost at endgame now.

...just gotta kill the worm in my head telling me to do the Champion's Ballad too for more content with the chosen ones before TotK despite probably not mattering.

Do it. You get sixteen shrines, each with an A- or S-tier puzzle, then a full-sized dungeon that's trickier and bigger than any of the Divine Beasts, with a unique, v cool boss fight.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I just realized her canonical name is Zelda Hyrule.

That's not fitting in my brain.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of, I wonder if Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule and Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule both introduce themselves with their full names because they actually married into the Hyrule royal family. Do they merely rule as King Regent until their respective daughters/descendants take the throne? Am I thinking about this more than Nintendo has?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's possible that Hyrule is actually a regnal name and they don't take it up until they ascend the throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just Andi Now posted:

Am I thinking about this more than Nintendo has?

What does your heart tell you?