Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just ordered my first 1440p monitor and an RTX 4070, upgrading from a 3070. Will Witcher 3 run good with that card at 1440p? With Full RT, I mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I have no direct experience with that card/resolution, but it runs great at 4K with a 4080, with RT and everything maxed out, so very probably

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx16TmIVobk

Oh my god

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

0:24 that is so loving perfect lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUlC8ue8NFI

I guess this is still happening.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Wow I can't believe the third and final season of The Witcher is almost here already

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

El Jeffe posted:

Wow I can't believe the third and final season of The Witcher is almost here already

Wow, same!

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Arc Hammer posted:

It divides the people who have watched Trainspotting from the people who have not watched Trainspotting.

I only knew what it meant because of that old Straya Day video.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im impressed just how badly they hosed it up, like they really put in effort to make bad choices. i always am impressed when its not even laziness or lack of caring, but genuine effort in the most incompetent direction

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I hope they have another scene calling out people for thinking the first season was bad because they "didn't understand it" lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Using Cleaver's actor to do so.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"Hold up what? My dick? This is bullshit and you know it."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I am buying magic beans from a fairy tale girl who has moved up from selling flint to hard drugs.

Edit: actually, I am going to defeat her at a children's card game

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 6, 2023

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

I am buying magic beans from a fairy tale girl who has moved up from selling flint to hard drugs.

Edit: actually, I am going to defeat her at a children's card game

Are you playing blood and wine? if you are where i think you are, watch where you step

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yep. And largely wrapped up the expansion.

I am dismayed that there's not an option for Geralt to point out "You could have avoided all this by bringing her back into the fold when you were crowned"

Its not like him to dodge moralizing to a hereditary monarch

Also, it sucks that Aeondight doesn't complement set bonuses. Sigh.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Auto Oils in the latest patch, never saw that one coming.
Fine, I'll finally download it to see what else they done to my boy.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

sauer kraut posted:

Auto Oils in the latest patch, never saw that one coming.
Fine, I'll finally download it to see what else they done to my boy.

you can make him look like henry cavill which owns so hard now that he has been fired

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Huh it really has been 8 years since release.
Playing the NextGen DX11 build on Ultra+ doesn't even get my GPU fans to switch on, or the CPU above 45° :unsmith:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Seems like Witcher 3 is doing fine:
https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1663206192758358019?s=20

It's now officially worlds 9th best selling game of all time.
Up next are Red Dead Redemption 2 at 53 million and
Super Mario Bros at 58 million.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am wondering what direction they'll go with the next Witcher game. I'd like to see it star Eskel given his last few words in Witcher 3 about setting off on his own.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Eskel doesn't have the charisma to carry a new trilogy.
If I had to bet it'd be playing Vesemir during The Nightmare of the Wolf era, starting ~90 years prior to W1 and having teenage Geralt segments later on.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 1, 2023

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
It's got to be "create-a-witcher" right?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Just finished my first playthrough after finishing witcher 2 in 2012 and then holding out for the official revamp. It was a good game. Even a game this refined still had plenty of little janky moments. Looking forward to playing cyberpunk in 2027.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Ravenfood posted:

It's got to be "create-a-witcher" right?

While I think the Witcher trilogy's strength is that you play as pre-defined character and the writing reinforces that (CDPR don't try to account for every conceivable response or choice, since Geralt would only take certain actions, even when amnesiac), I agree that a new character is the way to go since that removes the burden of canon. That said, while they can and should implement customizable elements (gender, appearance, maybe even the Witcher school, etc.), they would be wise to create a character whose personality is similarly defined like Geralt's was. It doesn't matter how, but the writing will be stronger if the PC is consistently characterized.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
No idea what the upcoming games will be, but I'm thinking I've kinda done enough witchering as a witcher to be honest. If instead they were to make a sorceress/sorcerer game... now that would have some massive potential. The magic users are the most interesting characters in the setting, and from a gameplay and plot point of view playing as one would just be awesome.

There's not much information yet about the details of the upcoming Witcher-universe games... but I think there's "a new trilogy", starting with "Witcher 4", which does sound like more witchering. And the other game Sirius is something being developed by a different team and also "offering multiplayer gameplay". These don't sound optimal to me actually, I just want to be a sorcery person :smithcloud:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I want to be a cat Witcher next

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

i am a moron posted:

I want to be a cat Witcher next

aren't those the crazy assholes that just sometimes lose it and slaughter an entire village

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Some people say all cats are bastards but he was just a bad apple

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I still say play as Ciri using sick gadgets to compensate for lack of mutations.

School of the Swallow :krad:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

I still say play as Ciri using sick gadgets to compensate for lack of mutations.

A Ciri game that lets you jump between multiple worlds spheres would be great, but probably highly unlikely to happen.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Strategic Tea posted:

Hmm... gameplay with lots of gadgets, combat use of teleportation, strong father/daughter themes... why does that sound like a kickass game?

The play-as-Ciri bits in W3 sucked, but I do think that a game focused and balanced around her could be pretty cool. Flesh out her God of Time And Space powers so it's more than just "stab, blink away, stab, blink away" 500 times in a fight.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

To be true to the books you would have the power to teleport away at any moment, but only to somewhere worse

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I hate portals catchphrase replaced with 'wrong place wrong time gently caress gently caress gently caress'

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

itry posted:

A Ciri game that lets you jump between multiple worlds spheres would be great, but probably highly unlikely to happen.

imagine the gimmick from that one level of the titanfall 2 single player campaign, but it's the premise of the entire game

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Ainsley McTree posted:

imagine the gimmick from that one level of the titanfall 2 single player campaign, but it's the premise of the entire game

Where do I put my money

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, I really like that kind of thing. Done well it can give the player another dimension to interact/think with and use to solve challenges. Another good (or better) example is Dishonored 2's A Crack in the Slab level.

But I was thinking more along the lines of Sigil - the city of doors - but only Ciri can see those doors. Edit: Or the sequence of Geralt following Avallac'h but you can travel back and forth at will, and also it's an entire game. Way too much work.

itry fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 2, 2023

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Also you can date people from each time line

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Started this game up again after 2 years and hey, a new quest! Includes the armor set from the Netflix series. Neat.

Now, the armor and swords, do they level to me, or and I going to out level this stuff quickly once I'm out of the base story?

I really like the way longclaw looks as a sword, but it'll eventually be replaced by the ducal swords with the comically oversized handguards.

Would that I could just... transmogrify items like it's WoW or something.

e: I forgot about all the dumb poo poo in this game that makes it stupid.

*Horse controls
*Water controls
*Combat (hmm yes let me turn my back and take 11 seconds to do a spinny twirl while I get run through doing so.)

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 5, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

lite_sleepr posted:

Now, the armor and swords, do they level to me, or and I going to out level this stuff quickly once I'm out of the base story?

Blacksmiths & Armorers can upgrade the Netflix gear same as the other armor sets. The look won't change until you get to Grandmaster level in B&W, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

While I think the Witcher trilogy's strength is that you play as pre-defined character and the writing reinforces that (CDPR don't try to account for every conceivable response or choice, since Geralt would only take certain actions, even when amnesiac), I agree that a new character is the way to go since that removes the burden of canon. That said, while they can and should implement customizable elements (gender, appearance, maybe even the Witcher school, etc.), they would be wise to create a character whose personality is similarly defined like Geralt's was. It doesn't matter how, but the writing will be stronger if the PC is consistently characterized.

for all its faults, and there are many, in cyberpunk V being a created character worked just fine. they used the same methodology as Mass Effect wherein everyone creates a character but that character is not a pure blank slate like in a bethesda game. Given that witchers are mostly orphans or law of surprise abandonments it wont be hard to just slot in a gender neutral name and or nickname like V and go from there.