Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Khanstant posted:

There's also sword duels! Well you don't have to use sword but I love a good 1v1 Link versus swordsman.

When I was an autistic child I used to just set up 99-stock matches in Smash Bros Melee of Link VS AI Dark Link and play until the screen was a blur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the depths is surprisingly unthreatening

that sucks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barreft posted:

One of the labs I forget which, mention a jetpack and that's all I want to find.

I haven't found those but if you fuse rocket to shield you get a one use jet thrust.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Anyone know the intended solve for getting the crystal out of the gisa crater cave? I’m guessing it was the rockets but I hadn’t seen them before so i wasted one and fuses the other to a stick which did nothing so I was SOL. I did eventually cheese it by dropping a wing down, grabbing the crystal and hopping on, then rewinding the wing back up top

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yarrington posted:

Anyone know the intended solve for getting the crystal out of the gisa crater cave? I’m guessing it was the rockets but I hadn’t seen them before so i wasted one and fuses the other to a stick which did nothing so I was SOL. I did eventually cheese it by dropping a wing down, grabbing the crystal and hopping on, then rewinding the wing back up top

Sounds like you did it the intended way op

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone have tips for the Kiuyoyou Shrine? It's the Fire and Ice one in the Rowan Plain. Right off the road so I'm sure everyone will do it. There's a few ice blocks and some fire jets.

I put the corner of a full size ice block on the pressure plate edge avoiding the fire but I guess that doesn't go down far enough. I then added the biggest 2nd block I could manage to save but that didn't add enough weight I guess. Added a 3rd too. I got it to turn green briefly once just using some smaller blocks stuck together but it didn't hold.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have tips for the Kiuyoyou Shrine? It's the Fire and Ice one in the Rowan Plain. Right off the road so I'm sure everyone will do it. There's a few ice blocks and some fire jets.

I put the corner of a full size ice block on the pressure plate edge avoiding the fire but I guess that doesn't go down far enough. I then added the biggest 2nd block I could manage to save but that didn't add enough weight I guess. Added a 3rd too. I got it to turn green briefly once just using some smaller blocks stuck together but it didn't hold.

You’ll need a full size, intact block of ice dead center. How might you do that? Answer if you want it spelled out attach the flame blocking panel to the top of the ice block, then ride it down and put it on the block

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KingKapalone posted:

you need more than just ice for it, there's a stone plate upstairs in the corner next to the second ice dispenser that blends into the scenery a bit

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Oh definitely didn't see that, thanks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Good idea: using a giant bright bloom seed on your vehicle as a giant headlight.

Bad idea: throwing a giant bright bloom seed on your finished Monster Truck Rocket Glider with 2x Batteries. It counts as an activation hit and it'll take off so fast you won't be able to stop it.

By far the biggest sinking feeling and failure in the game so far for me. I was about to take a screenshot and save before launching it, just in case I hosed up the flight. Oh man that thing flew really good, shame when it blinked into the void too far from me to keep existing.

On the bright side, I know Monster Truck Glider has no issues flying.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Good idea: using a giant bright bloom seed on your vehicle as a giant headlight.

Bad idea: throwing a giant bright bloom seed on your finished Monster Truck Rocket Glider with 2x Batteries. It counts as an activation hit and it'll take off so fast you won't be able to stop it.

By far the biggest sinking feeling and failure in the game so far for me. I was about to take a screenshot and save before launching it, just in case I hosed up the flight. Oh man that thing flew really good, shame when it blinked into the void too far from me to keep existing.

On the bright side, I know Monster Truck Glider has no issues flying.

things like that are why I'm eternally glad that "rewind time" pauses time during the targeting, saved me from so many accidental vehicle activations as long as I can catch it before it runs off a cliff

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

How much time do you get to aim when using recall?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

How much time do you get to aim when using recall?

Pretty sure it just freezes until you select something, so forever. It's very good in combat if enemies are throwing shot at you or whatever

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

goferchan posted:

Pretty sure it just freezes until you select something, so forever. It's very good in combat if enemies are throwing shot at you or whatever

yeah, "throwing" rocks and bombs back at things trying to hit you at range is pretty hilarious, especially when applicable in an underwear challenge

also I'm quickly souring on their approach to the major abilities this time around, trying to "talk to" someone, or the right someone, in the middle of frantic combat is absolutely terrible, especially when it's bound on the interact/pickup button

they should have just made it an ability wheel like rune powers, stuck the horse whistle as a key item and put the activated abilities on dpad down instead

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I've also been sneaking up on bugs or trying to grab an item as soon as it's in range and then suddenly bird boy is blowing my stuff away. Meanwhile my canon goon is never around when I need him. Like he just takes forever to show up in certain spots.

I'd accept another ability wheel if it didn't pause, just cycle or select the one I want. Bird I pretty much only need to exist while gliding, so wouldn't need a button.

That said, I do like rolling with em and the abilities themselves are exactly the kind of progression I missed from BotW. Enhances combat, exploration, and opens up new puzzles and avenues.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone done the “one perfect bounce” shrine and if so what the gently caress do I do lol, the first one so far to completely baffle me

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Escobarbarian posted:

Has anyone done the “one perfect bounce” shrine and if so what the gently caress do I do lol, the first one so far to completely baffle me

It's golf, you stick the metal box to the thing in the ceiling, pivot it up, and release it

basically the golf game from the last game except you don't need to waste a fuckton of weapon durability for every attempt

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Totally unrelated, "rewind time" flipped on and off cancels all momentum, which is really handy for poo poo like "I need this minecart I'm in to stop right loving now", which may be relevant to anyone doing a specific area with a fuckton of minecarts

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Gamerofthegame posted:

the depths is surprisingly unthreatening

that sucks

Lol, go deeper

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It's golf, you stick the metal box to the thing in the ceiling, pivot it up, and release it

basically the golf game from the last game except you don't need to waste a fuckton of weapon durability for every attempt

nah I did that one, I got the name of the one I was thinking of wrong, it’s “a well-timed bounce”, gatanisis shrine, west of knuckel island

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Escobarbarian posted:

nah I did that one, I got the name of the one I was thinking of wrong, it’s “a well-timed bounce”, gatanisis shrine, west of knuckel island

rewind the spring

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Against my better judgement I installed a hacked together version of EA Yuzu from reddit, and now the game runs completely on Yuzu Vulkan. Depths work fine, the only issues remaining are a few slight graphical glitches and sometimes fused weapons don't fully display their icons in the inventory. I can deal with these, and now the game functions perfectly well at a solid 1440p/30. Amazed that the game now seems fully playable from start to finish, at much higher quality and performance than on Switch, before it even officially releases.

Also it is an amazing game with so, so much to do it's ridiculous.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 7, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rewind the spring

Thank you!!

I got one more Sage’s Will before I can learn what they do (which I would like to discover for myself of course), anyone got locations?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Escobarbarian posted:

Thank you!!

I got one more Sage’s Will before I can learn what they do (which I would like to discover for myself of course), anyone got locations?

as far as I've found so far they're only ever in chests in the sky, so "put the picture of a chest in your sensor+ and go flying" imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nice. One of them I just ascended up next to the chest with it completely by accident lol

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

There’s really two kinds of puzzles in this game, totally open ended “get this from here to there” that let you explore and come up with your own solution, and very finicky “get this rotated/attached exactly right” that often want more precision than I at least am capable. The multitude of visual effects (green border, red glow, orange highlights) when you’re using hand gets really annoying as sometimes it interferes with lining things up.

But then you get one of those first kind and come up with a bonkers solution and it’s game of the year

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I haven't ran into any of those "get it exactly right" puzzles and I have to assume there was a wonkier solution you just didn't see at the time.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Honestly I like the second ones for the sake of basically “forcing a tutorial”— I’m sure there’s going to be ways to cheese those, some more obvious than others (hell, plenty of stuff can be cheesed with a rewind elevator) but those shrines really feel like “some developer did some wild dumb poo poo with the mechanics and wanted to show it off”

like there’s one place that has a conveyor belt made entirely of upside-down small tires, it’s barely relevant apart from “you stealing some of them” but you know some dev was absolutely gleeful setting that up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
legit I might like this game more than Elden Ring which is loving ridiculous

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This is the Elden Ring of Zeldas

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

legit I might like this game more than Elden Ring which is loving ridiculous

Yeah the game just keeps getting better, I love it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have a launch day Switch, can someone point me in the right direction to get homebrew working on it?

Mate dropped around a microSD reader for me last night so I can actually do something about it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lmao I love this penetration Zonai device. Link just loving stuff together now

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

I have a launch day Switch, can someone point me in the right direction to get homebrew working on it?

Mate dropped around a microSD reader for me last night so I can actually do something about it

I don't know how stringent the "don't link to hacks" mod requirement is but the literal first result for "switch hombrew guide" has a pretty straightforward guide

you will need some physical shenanigans in the form of a jig or very careful paperclipping

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
extremely late game, "once you have Kill The Final Boss as a quest" spoilers

i can't believe we get a loving mech with the soul of a dead god in it

i can't believe everyone's going to put rocks on the dead god's mech-arms and use it only for mining ore and cutting down trees

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A Fixed Device was the trickiest shrine to me, mostly because I didn't notice an important button thingy, but just a slightly tricky physics puzzle for the bonus chest... Which had a potion for 1/4 of a stamina bar. Lmao guys come on not even a full single stamina bar one?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know how stringent the "don't link to hacks" mod requirement is but the literal first result for "switch hombrew guide" has a pretty straightforward guide

you will need some physical shenanigans in the form of a jig or very careful paperclipping

Yeah I'm on that guide, just wanted a sanity check

Think it's fine to say what it is, people mentioning ryujinx and Yuzu constantly itt.

Just can't link it

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Does anyone know: if I get a digital copy, can you play more than one game on the same switch (with different profiles)? BotW seemed to lock to different profiles.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Like 5 days into this game and I found my first Endura Mushroom lol.

I think taking hearts is a real choice in this game. Maybe there's some way to eventually farm or grind whatever yellow heart foods there are if you really try, but in BotW you didn't have to, those foods were everywhere even if you didn't go durian hunting or whatever. This game I seem to get more glow foods than anything lol. They were also very scared players might ever run out of glowberries.

I've fought several enemies I just don't have the defense or hearts to take even 1 hit from. Faeries also love to float to high to catch, is there another way to catch them. I tried shooting one lol, I think I hit it but it didn't seem to have a hitbox just flew away like any fast movement. Also they don't do the music for a faerie fountain when you're clearly at one in the sky. The music's killer in most regards, weird absence there. I love that melody, the mood for those fountain islands is the right peaceful vibe though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I tend to avoid combat so I got a full extra wheel of stamina from the shrines and only now I'm thinking about getting more hearts.