Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

zedprime posted:

To be fair the bank itself will beg and plead with you to choose a better instrument if you walk up asking to stick a cool million in a savings account not least of all because they stand to make a lot more money from the freedom of not treating it like a savings account.

Also depending on where you live, the full amount won't be insured if you plunk it into one account at one bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:britain:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Of course you would post a Bath story.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lobok posted:

Of course you would post a Bath story.

Didn't you know they were a Bathist?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

mown?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

If a dong that big can’t make you mown I don’t know what can

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I don’t get out a lot but I’ve walked around exactly there and thought it was a boring field that needed SOMETHING. I was thinking benches and a swing set but this is better.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1654128015083970568

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Other than that it's a good chair though!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm surprised the monitor is that sensitive to a static discharge the owner didn't even notice.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Turn off your mo-- dammit not again

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1653595261787144193

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I regret clicking that, murder all anime.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
You can just say "blatantly childcoded" instead of "controversial," Kotaku, don't need to click through to know that's the case

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

quote:

“What’s the deal with IEMs and anime girls?”

:jerry:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cw: sexual assault

Behold: The Unbelievably Bizarre Story of Philly’s ‘Swiss Cheese Pervert’

quote:

I started to compare girls to cheese due to their milky complections [sic], girls are soft, smooth feeling and tend to like dairy products more. That and typical advertising, always using a girl to advertise dairy products. So cheese is what I started to use as a replacement for having sex with girls.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah man I remember the hoopla when that freak was out jerkin in his car with some cheese. That was a wild couple months, it was like the fervor over the furnace party but also with the threat that some creep was gonna rub jarlsberg on his junk.

edit:
https://www.phillyvoice.com/swiss-cheese-pervert-breaks-his-silence-life-infamy/

plus his defence:

the Swiss cheese pervert himself posted:

“I’m not denying that it happened. What I’m saying is how everything was handled is a crime,” Pagano said. “The police got involved after the media and (the Mayfair Town Watch) made a lot of noise about it. I consider that a civil-rights violation.

“Being a jackass and doing inappropriate behavior is not criminal. It’s not appropriate at all, but it’s not criminal. If you’re drunk and say, ‘Hey, you want to blow me?,’ they could say, ‘Get the hell out of here.’ That happened. People thought it was funny. Being an a****** is not a crime.

“With the whole thing in the car, my genitals were partially covered (by the cheese), but when the media got a hold of it and turned it into what they turned it into, the police had to react harshly,"

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 02:27 on May 7, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

so i looked up the aftermath and this has followed this dude around and caused a bunch of problems for him. Which is good cause he's a big ol' piece of poo poo

Philly Voice posted:

Most of it is his fault, he said, but he doesn’t think he shoulders all the blame.

“I’m not denying that it happened. What I’m saying is how everything was handled is a crime,” Pagano said. “The police got involved after the media and (the Mayfair Town Watch) made a lot of noise about it. I consider that a civil-rights violation.

“Being a jackass and doing inappropriate behavior is not criminal. It’s not appropriate at all, but it’s not criminal. If you’re drunk and say, ‘Hey, you want to blow me?,’ they could say, ‘Get the hell out of here.’ That happened. People thought it was funny. Being an a****** is not a crime.

"I sexually harrassed a bunch of women but I shouldn't have been punished for it" :qq:

Also the above article is about how he's in court again for basically doing the same poo poo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand posted:

so i looked up the aftermath and this has followed this dude around and caused a bunch of problems for him. Which is good cause he's a big ol' piece of poo poo

"I sexually harrassed a bunch of women but I shouldn't have been punished for it" :qq:

Also the above article is about how he's in court again for basically doing the same poo poo.

He had a daughter too and the whole time tried to downplay the whole thing as no big deal. His wife seems to have stuck by him through it all from what I read.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
You can't convince me those aren't just dril tweets

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

toes

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

BERLIN (AP) — German police say a 51-year-old man who was left tied up in the woods when a sex game went awry had a lucky escape after a cyclist and a hunter heard his screams for help.

Police said the man was discovered fully dressed but firmly bound with ropes and a pantyhose over his head atop a deer-hunting platform near the town of Bueckburg late Wednesday.

In a statement Friday, police said the man appeared to have been tied up by a woman he met online. After she had done so, the woman received a phone call and fled the woods suddenly, leaving the man behind in a helpless state.

“The 51-year-old told officers that that he had a box cutter on him ‘for such situations’ but seemed to have underestimated the (woman’s) bondage skills because he was unable to reach the knife,” police said.

The man was unharmed and refused to provide information about the woman’s identity. Police have opened an investigation of her on suspicion of failure to render assistance and possible deprivation of liberty.

lmao Bückeburg.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This definitely goes deeper than a sex game gone awry, also is that area of Germany equivalent to Florida in reputation?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Not especially, but the Name can be translated to "Bending over Keep", and that's a bit too on the nose.
(The actual etymology traces back to a swamp area)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

By popular demand posted:

This definitely goes deeper than a sex game gone awry, also is that area of Germany equivalent to Florida in reputation?

'Germany or Florida' supposedly used to be a game for hosed up headlines involving weird sex stuff.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Weird News Headlines, Quotes, & Articles: my genitals were partially covered (by the cheese)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Preserved for posterity:

Preserved for posteriority?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Weird News Headlines, Quotes, & Articles: my genitals were partially covered (by the cheese)

:hmmyes:

The iguanas have calmed down by now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jewishworker/status/1655006451000115201?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
OK no so when I said he was "loving another pig" I meant

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Let's compromise. The resource officer can wear a 10 gallon cowboy hat filled with styptics.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not exactly weird but slightly interesting as a concept:

Jani Mölsä from Turku First in the World to Borrow Electric Automobile from Library: "I Could Go to Someplace Like Forssa Now"

(The mayor of Forssa once got angry at cartoonist Juho Juntunen for his "Forssa is Finland's Turku" cartoon.)

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:19 on May 8, 2023

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1655407690246656000

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There isn't a way for me to shout 'gently caress you' loud enough.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I do in fact plan on forgetting all about that pathetic piece of poo poo while she rots in prison, thanks for the go-ahead :)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Remember how she defrauded a bunch of patients and totally got away with it?

She was only convicted of defrauding real people, corporate persons.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Remember how she defrauded a bunch of patients and totally got away with it?

Sure, on the one hand, but on the other she made a bunch of rich people’s money disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ok that piece in the NYT is SO bad that the writer must’ve come to her writing job through nepotism or something because god drat that’s nearly Thomas Friedman levels of absolute dogshit.