Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
made a sad thread for a sad premium live event

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am sick tonight so I am just vegging in bed and resting. Decided to put on the peacock and watch the Premium Live Event Wrestlemania Backlash.

Every 10 minutes or so the audio goes off by7 or 8 seconds. The only way to fix it is to restart the stream. Good job Peacock!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OUCH

https://twitter.com/gabu_moon/status/1655006153502257153?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus christ

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

was the spot to do a one arm press slam? That looked rough

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

whatever the gently caress that was supposed to be, it was a dumb spot to attempt

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

send these rookies back to the minors

edit: who bought me the juice avatar. I love it

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

jesus christ

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Seams posted:

edit: who bought me the juice avatar. I love it

:shopkeeper:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Bianca is unsafe discourse will be insufferable!

What a great show though, good poo poo, gonna be a great week for fun matches

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Hated the Cody finish at WM, but with that ending, they've at least got me for another big show or two. Bloodline stuff felt long in the tooth tonight though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Michael Cole going "CODY RHODES IS NOW THE GATEKEEPER" as he runs his rear end off away from the guy that just beat the poo poo out of him was not as funny as the rubber chicken.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/lokibucky3/status/1655046533501399043

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

Michael Cole going "CODY RHODES IS NOW THE GATEKEEPER" as he runs his rear end off away from the guy that just beat the poo poo out of him was not as funny as the rubber chicken.

Mans gotta go keep his gate, he can't just chill in the ring.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Bad Bunny with the greatest celeb match of all time. I jumped off my couch when Carlito's theme popped.

That has to be one of the all time hottest, if not the hottest, crowds of all time. Just insane energy from start to finish. Puerto Rico fans are amazing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lukewarm take: bianca is a one trick pony and her booking has done her zero favors.

e: this could describe most wwe soooperstars

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

thats on iyo for letting go of bianca's shoulder early

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

weekly font posted:

Lukewarm take: bianca is a one trick pony and her booking has done her zero favors.

e: this could describe most wwe soooperstars

Her problem is that her selling is atrocious (there were several points, including the very end where she just didn't sell the arm despite commentary making it very clear she was supposed to sell it, along with Iyo working on it), and her promos are incredibly one dimensional even by WWE standards. Meanwhile Iyo showed she has one hell of a ground game tonight, and came across as one of the biggest babyfaces of the night, despite being the heel.

It doesn't help that Bianca herself seems to have grown largely complacent in the ring over the past couple of years, because she knows she is going to be the top woman outside of a major scandal, so she doesn't really need to put anyone else over or make them look good. Problem for her is that tonight was a pretty severe reality check in that regard. The next month or two will be interesting, because Smackdown is in Knoxville in a couple of weeks, but that's the only real super friendly crowd I think Bianca is going to get. Saudi Arabia doesn't really care for her (her babyface career there fell apart when she beat Alexa at Elimination Chamber that one year), and the UK is pretty much in the same boat as San Juan in terms of audience preferences. And Summerslam is going to be smark central most likely.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This is honest to god one of the most electric entrances I’ve ever seen. That fact that this didn’t main event is insane

https://twitter.com/wrestleops/status/1655024829123162115?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did the Rollercodester beat Brock clean or was it a This Feud Must Continue deal

Thank you!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Seams posted:

Did the Rollercodester beat Brock clean or was it a This Feud Must Continue deal

Thank you!

it was clean but a fluke roll up out of the kimura

Professor Funk posted:

This is honest to god one of the most electric entrances I’ve ever seen. That fact that this didn’t main event is insane

https://twitter.com/wrestleops/status/1655024829123162115?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

this small clip doesnt even do it justice lmao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lmfao the preemptive celebrating

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Still not as weird as Ryan Nemeth's

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
lol WWE is going to get the absolute wrong message here and do a Paul/Bunny main at some WM. Putting a world title on a part-time celebrity act is going to be the most WWE rear end thing ever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The world title is already on a part-timer :smug:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So I watched a Wrestling With Wregret video on the top 8 worst Mania main events of all time. That video is below if someone wants to watch it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eid9Lsz3YLM

What's not interesting as such but sad and a bit funny is how the guy keeps going "back then WWE didn't care what fans wanted", "emblematic of a time when Vince McMahon just did what he wanted", "pushing Roman Reigns down everyone's throats" etc and I'm sitting here wondering about the past tense. Because from where I'm sitting they are extremely and very much STILL doing all those things.

Admittedly I wasn't even paying attention to the WWE product during the Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar era, so I have no idea if it was even worse back then, but it feels strange to have people doing this weird thing where they pretend that the WWE used to be bad and do fan-hostile things, but they super don't anymore, now it's all great!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah that's unironically good poo poo.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Seams posted:

Thank you!

They made Cody look about as weak as possible in victory. It was a typical Brock match

edit and I'm jealous af of that Juice av lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIURP3KEPs

The best Carlito has looked in his entire drat career

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What's not interesting as such but sad and a bit funny is how the guy keeps going "back then WWE didn't care what fans wanted", "emblematic of a time when Vince McMahon just did what he wanted", "pushing Roman Reigns down everyone's throats" etc and I'm sitting here wondering about the past tense. Because from where I'm sitting they are extremely and very much STILL doing all those things.

Lotta people have convinced themselves that HHH has completely changed every facet of the company overnight despite the facts that A) a lotta their worst practices are poo poo he'd have no control over anyway, B) Most of Vince's biggest stooges are still in the same positions doing the same poo poo as always or were replaced by guys like Road Dogg which is a lateral move at best, C) Vince is the guy who taught HHH everything he knows about running creative and D) Vince is still in charge and actively loving with everything anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

lol WWE is going to get the absolute wrong message here and do a Paul/Bunny main at some WM. Putting a world title on a part-time celebrity act is going to be the most WWE rear end thing ever.

they’re not going to do that

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Random thought, how does one "degenerate" as a verb? Go to sleep? Die? Oversee an abortion? I just woke up, my small brain is only at half power but this is bugging me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

losing morals and/or a reverence for structure until you become a difference maker to society.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the 90s morals and decency used to be something else and right-wing. not good. just a different thing, and it was good to not have it. hope ive cleared that up

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 7, 2023

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like all the Bad Bunny stuff it seems cool

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Savio Vega moves from strength to strength! Hash tag Savio Vega Sweep

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Cavauro posted:

in the 90s morals and decency used to be something else and right-wing. not good. just a different thing, and it was good to not have it. hope ive cleared that up

Thanks Cav, it just occurred to me that I've never heard the word used as a singular verb. So I can imagine watching the news and the presenter says "Things have degenerated into a riot!!" but you wouldn't say "Today I am going to degenerate". On re-evaluation, I think HHH and his pals were commanding us to "Degenerate!" in a collective sense, not to just me as an individual. I spent a lot of time degenerating in bed over this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're fuckin right

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I feel like someone in the back saw Bandido do the one armed press and just wanted someone in wwe to copy that without considering everything needed to pull that move off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure Bianca's done it before