Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

thinking bout the time someone earnestly dm'd me asking if i was trans because i revealed

-i played as a catgirl in ff14
-i like fallout new vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
heheh why play as a guy, who wants to stare at a man's rear end all day. the game has exploring, menus, crafting, enemies, beautiful landscapes and art direction.

I will engage with none of that. My eyes are firmly and unbreakingly fixed on my characters rear end and my god it better be a womans

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

thinking bout the time someone earnestly dm'd me asking if i was trans because i revealed

lmao

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If you give me a character creator, half the time I'll create an overweight, vaguely European fisherman with too much hair, a handlebar mustache and an alcohol dependency called Pedro. There's no reason for that, I just thought it was funny once and am now doomed to keep doing it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

The Kins posted:

If you give me a character creator, half the time I'll create an overweight, vaguely European fisherman with too much hair, a handlebar mustache and an alcohol dependency called Pedro. There's no reason for that, I just thought it was funny once and am now doomed to keep doing it.

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

drove past this property gallery earlier today and thinking maybe nobody should buy or stay here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it was named that fifty years ago and none of the builders/owners since have actually done anything about its structural problems

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The idea that liking fnv is a trans thing is an odd one. Most people like fnv,

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it was named that fifty years ago and none of the builders/owners since have actually done anything about its structural problems

How fitting

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The idea that liking fnv is a trans thing is an odd one. Most people like fnv,

Not a huge fan of those 'if you like x, y and z you're probably trans!' posts, seems kinda demeaning for everyone involved to boil down your identity to a list of media signifiers

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I dunno it's just one of those things that went around internet culture for a while, like how apparently you must be bisexual if you can't sit in a chair properly

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I grew up reading these insane bootleg hong Kong manhwa of street fighter 2 but with some very strange plots.

The one I recall the most was a kid whose main was Ken and he played so hard he got electrocuted by the arcade machine and brought into the video game world, where his first opponent turned ally was kenshiro of the fist of north star. Their mentor was the shaman lady from akira. And yes I found out who these two were way after I finished those comics.

i did an online search and I think i've found the name and some artwork of the comic, but i dunno how to get the full scans yet (to post in pyf comics maybe?)

the text on the right literally says "kenshiro of fist of the north star" like yeah copyright laws do not exist here

Apparently it ended after 29 issues and I can't tell if i have conflated the "everyone sacrifices themselves to kill bison" plot but at least my memory was correct about it somehow involving kenshiro. and apparently zangief's rear end on the cover and spider-man at home

e: digging slightly deeper there apparently were four (four!) different sf2 comics competing against each other, being <<快打旋風>>、<<中華拳王>>、<<街頭霸王>> and <<街頭戰士>, the third one being the final champion (probably for also having the actual real name of the game itself), and the second one having a cover of blanka cradling ryu like a baby

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 7, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's amazing!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Love that 'what if Spiderman was a Stand' guy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's like a fever dream fanfic

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

In regards to why Sonic is sexualized, I can't believe no one posted the epic SMG rant on that exact subject. I don't have post history access these days so no link but:

quote:

“I don’t know why you guys think TFA was sexless when Finn and Poe clearly have bedroom eyes going on in some scenes.”

That’s nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick’s teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that

Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever.

He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers’ clothes. They have no need to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the more i look up this dumb comic the more ludicrous it gets. 《快打旋风》 means "fast-hitting whirlwind" which I had originally assumed was a reference to the hurricane kick of ryu/ken, but it turns out it's the chinese title for Final Fight, and in HK street fighter is known under that name as well. it's a mess!

every sf character knows the hadoken

highlighting this page because ryu, isekai'd ken and guile all call Chun Li "wa wa" which is a very childlike way of calling a girl (literally means "doll")

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Fire piss.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the gently caress is up with their eyebrows?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Valko posted:

A while back before the current conversation.

Dude, are you letting a child watch Se7en?

She’s 13

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

the gently caress is up with their eyebrows?

welcome to 90's era manhua

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Runa posted:

welcome to 90's era manhua

huh, Andy Rooney musta been a a hell of an inspiration.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

actually scratch that, i wanna see Andy Rooney in some crazy rear end late 70s wuxia, ideally directed by king hu while tripping balls.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Martman posted:

In regards to why Sonic is sexualized, I can't believe no one posted the epic SMG rant on that exact subject. I don't have post history access these days so no link but:

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i don't even know whether to post these insane manhwa here or create a new thread in the book fair subforum but I just discovered Street of Terminator where the sf2 characters along with i presume a bunch of Original Characters Do Not Steal are reimagined into a Record of Lodoss War / Ghost in the Shell / Patlabor universe

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Martman posted:

Ok where’s the epic post, this one made me sleepy

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
there's a lot of "rip and tear" energy to those, thx for actually uploading

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

Ok where’s the epic post, this one made me sleepy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

super jeffer godzilla

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

those comics rule

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
now remembering the Godzilla movie from 1998 starring Ferris Bueller and the cartoon series based on the movie

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cranappleberry posted:

now remembering the Godzilla movie from 1998 starring Ferris Bueller and the cartoon series based on the movie

Come with me, we can be heroes

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
THE MAIN ATTRACTION DISTRACTION

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I asked for and received a Sega Game Gear as a child because it was the best-reviewed handheld console in Zillions, the kid version of Consumer Reports. I guess they weren't evaluating things like "battery life" or "game selection." At least Columns was good!

yeah I think I asked for it because it had colour, this is why parents shouldn't listen to kids, shoulda had a gameboy

:negative:

Road Rash was great though

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

It's so weird how people have convinced themselves that playing new vegas means you're an in the closet trans person.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hong kong rules

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Ever since I was a three year old I always picked girl characters to play as in games because they're often cool.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Ever since I was a three year old I always picked girl characters to play as in games because they're often cool.

playing girl characters is cool because 99% of male protagonists are generic white guy with stubble voiced by Nolan North

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Strangely, girls playing male characters are never hounded or accused of being transmen, weird lol...