Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm going to find out many many things I've forgotten about Dr. McNinja as I reread hit here. For starters, just how early on his family is introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake
Surely it's healthy, it's a vegetable!

I love this comic and I can't really explain why :allears:

Also, there seems to be a repeated page

Re: Dr. McNinja - I never read it prior to it being posted here, but was vaguely aware of it. Definitely enjoying it so far

Pomme de Terror has a new favorite as of 08:57 on May 7, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Double checked, I don't see any repeated pages? She does take two bites, so the last two pages are similar, I guess.

Edit: Wait no, I'm an idiot. It's fixed now.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 09:26 on May 7, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Speaking of Wakako-Zake though, we've only got about 40 more chapters until the translation runs out. For some reason, I didn't expect there would be much more beyond that, but I just had a peek at the site where the original is hosted and not only is it still going, it's now up to chapter 530. The art style has changed a fair bit as well - Wakako is now a little more conventionally cute, hardly gremlinlike at all.

Frankly, I prefer the previous look.

Check out the source chapter here in Japanese - it's about eggs benedict!
https://comic-zenon.com/episode/4856001361118693278

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

Speaking of Wakako-Zake though, we've only got about 40 more chapters until the translation runs out. For some reason, I didn't expect there would be much more beyond that, but I just had a peek at the site where the original is hosted and not only is it still going, it's now up to chapter 530. The art style has changed a fair bit as well - Wakako is now a little more conventionally cute, hardly gremlinlike at all.

Frankly, I prefer the previous look.

Check out the source chapter here in Japanese - it's about eggs benedict!
https://comic-zenon.com/episode/4856001361118693278

Gremlin Wakako is definitely the better Wakako. 530 is an absurd number of chapters as well!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are there even 530 dishes...

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Hey, thanks to y'all for posting Hothead Paisan and Bitchy Butch. It's always neat seeing queer comics from decades ago

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXBwfF0kGE

quote:

“Energy in my heart is of chemical foam
A street of taxies, worn tires, blood and flesh
Behold all that is liberty is a parody of utopia
A shining boulevard of buyers and giga-movies

Minor Depression is a joke, La Vie en Rose is on sale
They say you should know you are happier than you realize”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0

Alt: It's the Gog-Agog show! Featuring Gog-agog, and Gog-agog, starring Gog-agog, with Gog-agog and Gog-agog. Produced by Gog-Agog. Written and directed by Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog. Gog-Agog.

quote:

Infection

Very excited for Gog-Agog to finally get some more screen time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

speaking of a desperate need for control,

mr boop
book 4, 208-217
https://mrboop.net/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK_O-MdssNk

the end of boop. much to unpack

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

are there even 530 dishes...

Apparently! Follow the link above and scroll down, google's automatic translation seems to be doing alright with the chapter titles.

Anyway, I investigated a little more and discovered two things: 1, that WZ was getting a shamefully low amount of clicks when it was getting reposted to reddit and 2, it got made into an anime in like 2015 :o

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Boop-Oop-a-Doop!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How did they curate the videos for the printed collection of Mr boop

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Emzedoh posted:

Apparently! Follow the link above and scroll down, google's automatic translation seems to be doing alright with the chapter titles.

Anyway, I investigated a little more and discovered two things: 1, that WZ was getting a shamefully low amount of clicks when it was getting reposted to reddit and 2, it got made into an anime in like 2015 :o

Huh, so it has! Pu-shuu!

Edit: And a live-action show with like 5 seasons!

Giant Ethicist has a new favorite as of 11:32 on May 7, 2023

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

The Saddest Rhino posted:

How did they curate the videos for the printed collection of Mr boop

For the final video, he did each drawing/beat of the video as its own full page or two page spread, including The Strip Club where he disappears. Also the "Where Are They Now" is in there with all the same video game/animation screenshots.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Giant Ethicist posted:

Huh, so it has! Pu-shuu!

Holy poo poo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Giant Ethicist posted:

Huh, so it has! Pu-shuu!

As a man who's very much into gastronomy I feel so conflicted: on one hand a lady who enjoys food on such a dedicated level is extremely my thing and I'd like to have her over to enjoy a ridiculously laborious multi course meal, OTOH that PHSOO sound would absolutely drive me insane in short order.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm cross-posting from the sagas legends thread on this old absurd street fighter Hong Kong manhwa I read as a kid that I have vague recollections of, but I have been not having any luck locating full scans other than some of the stranger pages/covers put up by random blogs. I don't know anyone in this thread may be able to locate them but it'd probably be veyr much thread material if they do surface

I grew up reading these insane bootleg hong Kong manhwa of street fighter 2 but with some very strange plots.

The one I recall the most was a kid whose main was Ken and he played so hard he got electrocuted by the arcade machine and brought into the video game world, where his first opponent turned ally was kenshiro of the fist of north star. Their mentor was the shaman lady from akira. And yes I found out who these two were way after I finished those comics.

If you fought and killed your opponent in this universe (which sometimes went from Chinese fantasy world to the deadlands from fist of north star) their body turned into pure blood that got absorbed into you and a number on your forehead went up.

M bison was turning himself into some malevolent computer god in the machine, not sure where they stole that idea from, but the finale had child mind-blowing poo poo where all the street fighter characters, even eagle, turned up and they all realised nobody was powerful enough to fight bison. Except you know, the kid isekai'd into Ken, who was now sitting in the lotus position to gather his power meter. Bison was some huge anthropomorphic whirlwind and each of them jump in while screaming final words before being decimated into blood splatters for Ken to absorb. Kenshiro and the shaman died too. Ryu and Chun li kissed and became the most powerful blood for the kid to absorb, and finally he did a sho Ryu Ken powerful enough to kill bison.

Ended with his face in tears crying for all the sacrifices of every video game character he met. The end!

i did an online search and I think i've found the name and some artwork of the comic, but i dunno how to get the full scans yet (to post in pyf comics maybe?)

the text on the right literally says "kenshiro of fist of the north star" like yeah copyright laws do not exist here

Apparently it ended after 29 issues and I can't tell if i have conflated the "everyone sacrifices themselves to kill bison" plot but at least my memory was correct about it somehow involving kenshiro. and apparently zangief's rear end on the cover and spider-man at home

e: digging slightly deeper there apparently were four (four!) different sf2 comics competing against each other, being <<快打旋風>>、<<中華拳王>>、<<街頭霸王>> and <<街頭戰士>, the third one being the final champion (probably for also having the actual real name of the game itself), and the second one having a cover of blanka cradling ryu like a baby

the more i look up this dumb comic the more ludicrous it gets. 《快打旋风》 means "fast-hitting whirlwind" which I had originally assumed was a reference to the hurricane kick of ryu/ken, but it turns out it's the chinese title for Final Fight, and in HK street fighter is known under that name as well. it's a mess!

every sf character knows the hadoken

highlighting this page because ryu, isekai'd ken and guile all call Chun Li "wa wa" which is a very childlike way of calling a girl (literally means "doll")

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I liked wonderella

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Fagtastic posted:

I liked wonderella

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fagtastic posted:

I liked wonderella
:same:
This comic has good punchlines.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Fagtastic posted:

I liked wonderella

I've been following the last few iterations of this thread for a while, I can't remember if anyone has posted Wonderella in a while.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"Inexplicable Humblebrag" [/timg posted:

You are (not) married to Betty Boop

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Mr. Boop is maybe my favorite thing that's ever been posted in the thread. It's like what if House of Leaves were a lot stupider.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

youknowthatoneguy posted:

I've been following the last few iterations of this thread for a while, I can't remember if anyone has posted Wonderella in a while.

It's a good comic. Someone should.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've definitely seen Wonderella posted somewhere; it may or may not have been in this thread, but as the saying goes :justpost:. Who could object?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm glad I got a chance to read Mr boop all the way, thank you! It was awesome

And that insane street fighter comic looks amazing TSR, definitely post it if you can

Also a +1 for wonderella

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Oct 30-Nov 13, 1937)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

Bonus pages! There was a hiatus between these chapters so a few more than usual.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Mr. Boop is such that even with that last part being labeled Finale I wasn't actually sure that it was over. Thanks for posting it!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So he was married to Betty Boop all along?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Can't believe someone had the guts to post Mr. Boop. A genuine postmodern masterpiece.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

So he was married to Betty Boop all along?

The surprising thing is, he wasn't! I was as shocked as you are

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

THE DRAW PLAY

The Puppy Bowl is a real thing. Traditionally, it airs on super bowl sunday and features up for adoption puppies playing in a model football field. The puppies play with toys and each other as fake announcers make comments on the action. Draw Play Dave likes to draw football players as dogs / puppies and give them astonishingly bad pun names.

Hollywood doesn't GET football

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Boop raises a lot of questions about the nature of reality. Is any world that does not have Alec Robbins married to Betty Boop - an axiomatically true thing - really real?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
he's obviously still married to Betty Boop but no longer drawing comics about it, it's like reading a pbf comic with you guys sometimes istg

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 42

Chapter 43

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

There was like a choose your own adventure of mr. boop out there too where you're trapped in a spooky mansion, but if you investigate, collect clues, and escape... you get the bad ending - you fail to have an orgy with Betty Boop and Alec Robbins

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah it's here

https://alecrobbins.itch.io/mr-boop

there's another not-really-a-sequel alec robbins comic called mr group that i might post, or i might not. it's not as good as boop but it's a lot shorter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Doesn't he have like multiple tv shows to be writing

E: oh wait