Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Your list is solid except for the high regard in which you hold Mug. Barqs is not my favorite but Mug is just a bad mass market root beer. Hated making them at Dairy Queen cuz it was one or the worst root beers mixed with one of the worst ice creams, so it just tasted like disappointment

I worked at a dairy queen by the way

they used pepsi products which is why it was Mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

All root beer is terrible

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

fr fr

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

When I was first sober I would take IBC root beer to parties because I felt weird about not holding a bottle, but who needs all that loving sugar

did you ever say "i got one right here!" and point at the beer on the label

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Don't think I've ever tried root beer

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It’s the ipa of pops

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

That DICK! posted:

did you ever say "i got one right here!" and point at the beer on the label

I said it ten times an hour, people got very upset

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

So is that why you left NOLA? The Abita people were hounding you?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

One year my partner got me a root beer sampler box for Christmas. It was a box with like 30 different randomly selected root beers from around the world. It loving ruled.

Barqs and Mug stink.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barq's and A&W are acceptable, Mug is dog water

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shard posted:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i also do not enjoy my state's no.1 export, Cheerwine, a cherry cola that tastes like someone made carbonated robitussin, to me

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Diet root beers are a different scale though. They discontinued my favorite, which was a particular store brand one.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

i also do not enjoy my state's no.1 export, Cheerwine, a cherry cola that tastes like someone made carbonated robitussin, to me

You are an enemy to Soda Mindset

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

die

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Let people enjoy things. Lmfao

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cherry flavored poo poo sucks!! It all sucks rear end and is bad!!!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

good morning

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I have never been able to tell the difference between root beers. They all taste exactly the same to me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kvantum posted:

So is that why you left NOLA? The Abita people were hounding you?

No it was because I hate seafood.

I was a diet Dr pepper man in my youth. Or diet Dr thunder at my grandma's house

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

Well that's reasonable, I can see how the flavor would be divisive -

Shard posted:

No it was because I hate seafood.

:mad::mad::mad:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

now, lets talk birch beer for a second. i used to like birch beer a whole lot, nowadays im not so sure

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I had a bourbon and Cheerwine slushy the other weekend. It’s was awesome.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

now, lets talk birch beer for a second. i used to like birch beer a whole lot, nowadays im not so sure

The Virgin Birch Beer vs The Chad Sarsaparilla

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Birch beer is refreshing after a life of mugs and Barqs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boylans Creamy Red Birch Beer is a treat

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Spruce beer ftw. Tastes like réveillon as a wee child.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shane they found your stash https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pasta-new-jersey-mysteriously-dumped-in-old-bridge-woods/

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

boxcarhobo posted:

I don’t know cheerwine but I am from the land of Moxie, so I sympathize

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBwlHaMSqQ

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

boxcarhobo posted:

cherry flavored poo poo sucks!! It all sucks rear end and is bad!!!

wow.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Taskmaster is the greatest show of all time

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

british fanta is juice

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

With how bloated games have gotten these days I am honestly down for them putting games out that look like they came from the PS2 but have like modern quality of life stuff.

Yeah I keep thinking about all the great open world games that do movement better than Gotham Knights. Like that one where you were a saboteur in ww2 France. Even modern asscreed games have way better movement.

They spent all this time making Gotham immersive, with a bunch of citizen convos, collectibles and mission structures but they forgot that super heroes move by parkour, grapple and glide a lot smoother. Getting around the city feels clunky. And the motorcycle is slow as gently caress. Rides like a lightcycle too. Not enough rear end. The motorcycles in the Oregon zombie game had a lot more rear end.

Combat doesn’t really flow either, especially compared to the Arkham games. Batman never taught anyone how to use the grapple in combat. A lot of air punching and barrel explosions on my part.

Stealth isn’t as good as Splinter Cell stealth with still remains the gold standard of pulling off fun feeling stealth action. You can’t even corner snatch people and your stealth attacks are super long. None of the predator attacks from Arkham are in. I should probably just emulate an old metal gear solid games instead of putting up with this vulgar nonsense.

I’m playing for the story so I’m trying to figure out the least amount of work to get fed story. It’s an interesting treatment of batmanverse comic storylines but in a post-Batman setting. I like a lot of batman story arcs when you detangle them from the comic continuity which will forever be messy and no one should ever fix that.

There ought to be media with reading lists tho. The anarchists and church agree on that much.

E sorry for the super long video game review I also like root beer but chiefly enjoy ginger beers or spicy ginger ales. My drink of choice these days is liquid death’s sparkling water. It reminds me of alcoholic beer in the way that non-alcoholic beers just anger me. And I’ve tried other sparkling waters, they just piss me off too. Suck my toes La Croix!

coconono fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 8, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good morning :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you like ps2 graphics just play every JRPG that isn't made by square enix

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

if you like ps2 graphics just play every JRPG that isn't made by square enix

Give me something that looks like Max Payne and plays like Last of Us 2. I actually am quite nostalgic for the xbox/ps2/gamecube era. Can't wait till we get to that retro cycle - we're currently on the ps1 era.

Good morning - I'm donating blood today.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You’re good people Shard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i forgot i wasn't making new posts in here. drat balls to the max