Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Nick Cave is part of the Australian representation at the coronation. Nick Cave reveals ‘inexplicable attachment’ to British royals ahead of attending king’s coronation (Guardian).

Rowe:

Jim Chalmers attacks ‘coalition of weirdos’ as Labor pushes Senate to vote on housing fund next week (Guardian).

Golding:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Albanese is a republican (as in opposite of a monarchist) but he is going to swear allegiance to the new king (all MPs have to for the sitting monarch anyway).

Kudelka:

Knight:

Victorian opposition leader John Pesutto. Exiled MP Moira Deeming tells Opposition Leader John Pesutto she is taking legal action over her suspension (ABC). Deeming is the MP who helped organise the anti trans rally that neo nazis attended and did nazi salutes on the steps of the state parliament. Pesutto wanted to expel her but the party only agreed to suspend her. Now Deeming demanded Pesutto make a statement declaring that she wasn't affiliated with Nazis which he refused so she is taking legal action.
Also: Drag children's storytime event cancelled in Melbourne following violence threats (SBS).

Leunig:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

nerd plus rage posted:

Collins deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for his Liz Truss caricature.

It's honestly amazing, the sheer level of detail Collins can put into a relatively simple art style. His Theresa May was great as well, just dripping with desperation.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CoolTimesOnline/status/1654224213706956801

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I glanced at this with a double take thinking "who's that supposed to be, Nick Cave?" And sure enough. Great caricatures. Wonder why American cartoonists tend to be so much worse at this kind of caricature.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

How is the composition of this cartoon worse than usual? How is it possible? Is this man some sort of warlock?

Darrin Bell

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - Impending Upending

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Dave Granlund

David Horsey

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

please britain pick charles I

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Vib Rib posted:

I glanced at this with a double take thinking "who's that supposed to be, Nick Cave?" And sure enough. Great caricatures. Wonder why American cartoonists tend to be so much worse at this kind of caricature.

I assumed it was Professor Snape in that Pope.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Did America try and integrate the Janjaweed into the country in an organized form? Genuinely asking, because this cartoon sure doesn't actually have anything to say.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hihohe posted:

please britain pick charles I

Given their last 40 years of PMs, maybe a monarch would be less terrible?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Any us cartoonist who does a coronation cartoon or cares about 'the restoration of the monarchy' wants their head looking at. You literally fought a war so you didn't have to care about this poo poo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Grape posted:

Did America try and integrate the Janjaweed into the country in an organized form? Genuinely asking, because this cartoon sure doesn't actually have anything to say.

The artist likes to scan the NYT for titles they can use for this sort of throwaway. Here's the article- basically there's a degree of fingerpointing about whether the current civil conflict would have been prevented by leaning on some of the actors harder or less hard (and it appears several other autocratic countries in the region, and Russia, played a likely role in the reversal, but that's not really part of the cartoonist's thesis).

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

nerd plus rage posted:

Collins deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for his Liz Truss caricature.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BonHair posted:

Given their last 40 years of PMs, maybe a monarch would be less terrible?

https://twitter.com/GoingMedieval/status/1654757336525701120?t=9oQe_xFOlz8BSdYKUOfttw&s=19

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Let them eat coronation quiche!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guy on the right also famously founded the Royal African Company to fund that restoration, so that's very "Jeff Davis, states' rights champion" territory unless you're pointing out that the restoration was bad.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I'm imagining one old-timey gunslinger glumly visiting another old-timey gunslinger in the hospital, hat in hand, and giving him a "sorry I shot ya" card

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that she's enjoying her new job as a red mage.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

The Behattening.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Byam Shaw.

The i paper:

Times:

Local election results: PM’s worst fears realised as Tories shed 1,000 seats

Also!
https://twitter.com/stephen_collins/status/1654783700381360129

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

The perspective of this cartoon and the shimmer on top of the object makes it look like he is on his way to sit on the crown instead of the throne.

edit:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't kink shame.

I didn't say he shouldn't.

logger fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 6, 2023

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I keep parsing the "oops" ones as being Father's Day cards, which would be surprisingly honest for the greeting card industry.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

logger posted:

The perspective of this cartoon and the shimmer on top of the object makes it look like he is on his way to sit on the crown instead of the throne.

Don't kink shame.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

After The War posted:

I keep parsing the "oops" ones as being Father's Day cards, which would be surprisingly honest for the greeting card industry.

It works for mother's day too, especially in the current abortion stance in the states.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Even the shoulders and the collar... it's nearly identical.

Makes you wonder if she printed that cartoon out and ran around shops asking "Do you have anything like this?"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Bennett:

Kellies nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Mike Peters

Mike Thompson

David Horsey

David Horsey posted:

There is reason to doubt the political sanity of U.S. House Republicans who are refusing to raise the debt ceiling that allows the United States government to pay debts already incurred by past acts of Congress. There is also plenty of reason to doubt their sincerity.

Regarding sincerity, Republican congressmen only threaten to put the nation in default when a Democrat is in the White House. Though spending and debt have gone up and up through four administrations, they did not go to the brink for their elastic fiscal principles when George W. Bush was president, nor when Donald Trump was commander-in-chief. When Democrat Barack Obama was in charge, though, they pushed dangerously close to the edge of disaster and now are ready to do the same with Joe Biden.

That looks suspiciously like partisan politics, not financial prudence.

And, indeed, there is nothing prudent about what the Republicans are trying to do this time. They lack the votes to make the cuts they want in the normal budget process, so, instead, they are trying blackmail: “Give us what we want, Biden, or we will wreck the economy.”

That is neither smart, nor sane. There is no way it makes sense for Republicans to court disaster for the sake of budget cuts that they do not sincerely care about. It is a pure game of chicken and all of us are riding in the back seat of the hurtling automobiles.

The two great demigods of the current GOP, Ronald Reagan and Trump, both spoke against playing games with the debt ceiling. Reagan, though a constant critic of excessive government spending, warned several times that Congress should not play politics with raising the debt limit.

“This country now possesses the strongest credit in the world,” Reagan said, admonishing the representatives and senators of his era. “The full consequence of a default — or even the serious prospect of default — by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate.”

In his diary, Reagan wrote about his negotiations with Congressional leaders: “I sounded off and told them I’d veto every drat thing they sent down unless they gave us a clean debt ceiling bill.”

Too bad Reagan is not around today to urge Republicans to act like rational human beings and give Joe Biden his own unfettered debt ceiling legislation.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Not shown is that earlier this same triceratops gored several small animals to death because he was surprised. Then an early mammal knocked on his door so of course he gored that one too. Two panels after this comic he gores his friend to death because he mistakes him for a predator.

"Ugh, I wish it was just people dying in the street instead of an institution."

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

One side wants to cut spending on social services in exchange for raising the limit on deficit spending, the other side wants to not hold people's medicare and social security hostage for an arbitrary limit to deficit spending.

Truly both sides are one and the same.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bzzzzzt! Sorry, the answer is "work in the meat packing plant".

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Even the shoulders and the collar... it's nearly identical.

Makes you wonder if she printed that cartoon out and ran around shops asking "Do you have anything like this?"

It's cute that you think these people buy clothes from the rack and not hand tailored.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BonHair posted:

It's cute that you think these people buy clothes from the rack and not hand tailored.

I did think of that option, but dismissed it because I don't think there would be enough time between the cartoon being published and the coronation for an outfit to be handmade.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Missing the third panel where we find out the book has been banned.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
:tif: Sinfest Sunday :tif:, in which we spend another few days in hell, followed by Tats suddenly remembering that his bread and butter is a combination of media illiteracy and being a transphobic piece of poo poo. He also found a month old newspaper in a dumpster outside of whatever his day job is now. After that he wheels out his other one joke, and in the process implies that even when you're literally in hell, you're not supposed to want to fight back against it. And then, finally... nothing happens.

At least we've got some Pettyfests out of it for a change.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Was it just me or was the first comic actually sorta a joke? Nothing hate-filled, nothing clutching at pearls, just a joke about someone in hell seeing someone they know drop in.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Local elections: the end is nigh for the Conservatives – The bell tolls for the party as councils tumble across the country"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Yes, Sir. We’ve been getting quite a few enquiries about how long your street party is going to last”

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

Was it just me or was the first comic actually sorta a joke? Nothing hate-filled, nothing clutching at pearls, just a joke about someone in hell seeing someone they know drop in.

Oops, he remembered to tell a joke.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Don't worry, it's not actually a joke, it's just him reminding the reader that these environmentalists once associated with sex workers, and therefore deserve to suffer for all eternity.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But she's erasing the johns from hell with her pen, so isn't that stopping them from suffering for eternity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

But she's erasing the johns from hell with her pen, so isn't that stopping them from suffering for eternity?

It looks like they repeat falling into hell in the last panel. That or Tats is a bad artist and only has three types of people he can draw