Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Another factor is that he's in the middle of contract negotiations. If things go south it's easier to deal with the consequences if he's off TV.

He's under contract for another 7 months. He's off TV so they can do everyone's favorite thing, Hangman's music hitting and him riding to the rescue right before the big PPV gimmick match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If taking people off TV is how they deal with contract negotiations then I'm REALLY excited for the bidding war of 2024.

(For clarification this is me exaggerating my dislike of MJF for comedic effect because tone doesn't carry over text)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

little munchkin posted:

broke: aew's ratings are shrinking

woke: both aew and wwe have a rating of zero

are we at the point where people are saying WCW instead of AEW as some sort of burn? or is that person implying that WCW should have signed Brandi ~24 years ago?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't think he means Brandi Rhodes, but I could be wrong. It's weird to call right now an era of catfights and implants.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I’d be shocked if Brandi Rhodes was considered in 1999 at age 15, a top notch wrestler.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
yeah, that's why I'm confused.

I don't recall any Brandi in WCW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrBling posted:

yeah, that's why I'm confused.

I don't recall any Brandi in WCW

Brandi Alexander I guess

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

yup

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
AEW cycles people on and off TV so that

1) The fans have a chance to miss them and
2) They don't fill up their bump card too fast

Hangman will get a huge pop when he returns to make a save for The Elite and everyone hugs and we get to the Blood and Guts factory.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Rarity posted:

Cardiff is a smol bean city that's just impossible for anyone else in the country to travel to

I personally didn’t even bother with Clash tickets precisely because it was in Cardiff (and thus more of a pain to get to than if it was in London, Manchester, or Glasgow), but to be honest, I think the pricing structure had more of an effect on WWE not being able to fully sell out.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
This is like that David Cross bit where he saw the headline "Who REALLY killed Martin Luther King Jr." on the cover of a weed magazine.

"High Times cracked the case!"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/Codydrg0nrude/status/1655049891679199233?t=oG693IwwMhpDEnx58P1q9Q&s=19

"retweets himself"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Safe bet, nobody on the AEW roster regularly has the fans sing the theme tune.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The little I know about Bad Bunny makes me think he'd have got this reaction for any wrestling show he appeared on. Meanwhile I don't think there's any real cultural figure in the UK when could get a similar reaction, regardless of what wrestling show he was on.

This is possibly the safest bet ever made

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

Safe bet, nobody on the AEW roster regularly has the fans sing the theme tune.

If there's one thing we know about British crowds it's that they're quiet and respectful

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

The little I know about Bad Bunny makes me think he'd have got this reaction for any wrestling show he appeared on. Meanwhile I don't think there's any real cultural figure in the UK when could get a similar reaction, regardless of what wrestling show he was on.

This is possibly the safest bet ever made

What about the king?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What about the king?

Jerry would be among his people

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

If there's one thing we know about British crowds it's that they're quiet and respectful

:mmmhmm:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

:eyepop:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerry The Prince Andrew Lawler.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

forkboy84 posted:

Meanwhile I don't think there's any real cultural figure in the UK when could get a similar reaction, regardless of what wrestling show he was on.

Kylie.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Elton John would get the bad bunny pop brother

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

get david attenborough for all in. it may be our last chance

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SG Bamboo posted:

:holymoley:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

The crowd at the first Royal Quest was my favorite crowd ever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The crowd at the first Royal Quest was my favorite crowd ever

That KAZE NI NARE is the loudest sound I've ever heard

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
In general it was just fun to see a lot of western fans who were clearly quite knowledgeable and passionate about the product. The American NJPW shows were good too but you got the sense a lot of the audience hadn't really seen much New Japan. The first Royal Quest was wall-to-wall nerds who were eating it up. They were booing Okada and cheering for Suzuki towards the end of their match, lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will always cheer for Suzuki :colbert:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I will always cheer for Suzuki :colbert:

That's more survival instincts than wrestler preferences.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

this kid is nuts posted:

In general it was just fun to see a lot of western fans who were clearly quite knowledgeable and passionate about the product. The American NJPW shows were good too but you got the sense a lot of the audience hadn't really seen much New Japan. The first Royal Quest was wall-to-wall nerds who were eating it up. They were booing Okada and cheering for Suzuki towards the end of their match, lol

Suzuki had done a lot of tours in RevPro at that point and was pretty beloved by their fans, so there was a rabid core who were going to cheer him and a lot of people willing to follow.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

What a loving gross human being.

https://twitter.com/LockBettingCom/status/1655166624767287296?t=CDfTgcG1FYYnuTeL29sj9A&s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

if they get Kylie all bets are off

also Nick Cave to do Red Right Hand live for Anthony Ogogo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I went to the definitive list of iconic British music:

Danny Boyle's Olympic opening ceremony

and the answer is sumple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMrrleH_hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEuI59L9s8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXgkuM2NhYI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How did Billi Bhatti survive brexit and keep his bars

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the same way that half of the British wrestlers implicated in #SpeakingOut escaped with barely a consequence: because this stupid island loves protecting terrible people

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

I went to the definitive list of iconic British music:

Danny Boyle's Olympic opening ceremony

and the answer is sumple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMrrleH_hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoEuI59L9s8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXgkuM2NhYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=havRzLhBzqA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Me clicking this tweet: There's no way this is about Zelina Vega. There's no way. There's just absolutely no shot that this is abou OH MY loving GOD.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
139 replies, 63 quotes, 1 like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it was 0 rt 0 like 0 engagement until SRS decided to show his 230k followers. thank you sean.