Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Leraika posted:

please post the STREET OF TERMINATOR comic and link the thread tia

I started a thread at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031454 but I will only post the first issue tomorrow, i have to actually read a lot of words in this comic so I can summarise, but the artwork already suggests it has a strange plotline where Ryu has a flashback of being crucified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

there's a lot of genuinely funny, fully intentional jokes and art in tgt that make it worth revising imo

is there a place to view it these days? i do remember that he did it all in mspaint right and there was some really good art in with some silliness.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Saddest Rhino posted:

also i found the entirety of STREET OF TERMINATOR (not the one with kenshiro, saint seiya and fake spiderman, unfortunately) so maybe i'll make a thread in IZ?

These are cool

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah I think Ulysses also suffers from coming in after all of Dead Money, and also the mormon murder mummy in Honest Hearts who is somehow the most compelling character in the series. Maybe Lonesome Road would have worked better if it wasn't also the last official content in New Vegas.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ulysses is basically kreia but coming in at the end of the story instead of the start. turns out that avellone's genre-subversion schtick gets tedious if you don't make sure to introduce it early

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it helps if you keep in mind that Ulysses was going to be the only pro-Legion companion in the game before he and 90% of the Legion content in the game was cut for time

Oxxidation posted:

turns out that avellone's genre-subversion schtick gets tedious

you could have stopped there

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The idea that liking fnv is a trans thing is an odd one. Most people like fnv,

it's just a joke

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It def started as a joke but people have gotten extremely fail about it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It def started as a joke but people have gotten extremely fail about it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My understanding from context clues is that it's the Transylvanian flag. I feel confident and will not research this further

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

did not grasp this was new vegas discussion at first and thought everyone was incoherently posting about joyce for a second

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

ulysses nuts

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Durance in Pillars of Eternity made me kinda retroactively appreciate Ulysses and Kreia more because despite how loving annoying Avellone's writing can be when he decides its time for you to read his works, I no longer believe you're actually intended to agree with his characters, which is the vibe a lot of folks seemed to have gotten from the latter two (and I absolutely thought Kreia was supposed to be right when I first played Kotor II)

I think he just likes writing opinionated and obsessive assholes for the player to tear apart either literally or verbally

Also Grieving Mother is the worst character he ever wrote

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pog boyfriend posted:

did not grasp this was new vegas discussion at first and thought everyone was incoherently posting about joyce for a second

Jeffrey mass probing everyone posting on Bloomsday. You should be out on the streets of Dublin

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Durance in Pillars of Eternity made me kinda retroactively appreciate Ulysses and Kreia more because despite how loving annoying Avellone's writing can be when he decides its time for you to read his works, I no longer believe you're actually intended to agree with his characters, which is the vibe a lot of folks seemed to have gotten from the latter two (and I absolutely thought Kreia was supposed to be right when I first played Kotor II)

I think he just likes writing opinionated and obsessive assholes for the player to tear apart either literally or verbally

truth is written in these words.. study them Well

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Jeffrey mass probing everyone posting on Bloomsday. You should be out on the streets of Dublin

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

tails gets trolled pwns

it's so funny that you can tell the exact day he smoked weed for the first time and then a couple months later everyone is lighting up every page

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Pablo Nergigante posted:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Psycho Landlord posted:

Kreia and Ulysses are villains who have the worldviews they do because they failed doing things both the 'right' way and the 'wrong' way. So they come up with a third way that is somehow the worst possible option, but because of their trauma they have come up with a very clear and articulate reason for why everyone has to die now thank you very much. It's really easy to get lost in the weeds of their arguments and lose sight of the fact that their goals would mean massive amounts of suffering for everyone. Neither really expects to defeat you in the traditional sense, but both have a best case scenario that relies on them convincing you, however briefly, that there is some value in their arguments. Just long enough for their plan to work.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Leal posted:

My weekend is about to end and the past 3 nights I played 51 hours of AoW4. God drat

I can't stop dude, I close my eyes and all I see are frogman barbarians summoning skeleton crabs while spring fairies build siege orbs to destroy moleman castles

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

The Kins posted:

If you give me a character creator, half the time I'll create an overweight, vaguely European fisherman with too much hair, a handlebar mustache and an alcohol dependency called Pedro. There's no reason for that, I just thought it was funny once and am now doomed to keep doing it.

i always play my first run-through of any game with character creation as oprah ive been doing this since i was a teenager

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

this should be engraved on a plaque and sent to the Obsidian offices

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

okay but why did he write Annah to be 17

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You Anime psychos weird me out

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

People think Ulysses is meant to be right in the narrative because he's a main character who talks a lot. He's actually a dumbass who has no idea what's going on but the perception remains unfortunately. He's a great character overall, once I realised he isn't actually Sexpest Avellone's stand-in. Sorry buddy, the Tunneler Holocaust isn't real :smug:

Lonesome Road still kinda sucks though. Dead Money FTMFW!!!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

you can still find people to this day who say that they love kotor 2 because kreia is awesome and obsidian pointed out all the flaws in star wars or w/e. its a really funny way to miss the point

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Was Dead Money the one where dumbasses told on themselves by complaining they couldn’t take all the gold bars at the end?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

you can still find people to this day who say that they love kotor 2 because kreia is awesome and obsidian pointed out all the flaws in star wars or w/e. its a really funny way to miss the point

that whole scene though in the ruined Dantooine Jedi enclave, with the music and everything, was probably the first time I felt myself thinking "this is the best loving story in a game I have ever played, this is badass, this is art"

and then after that the game took a dive, oh well

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
it was, yes

I think I managed to get three bars, and used them to decorate my penthouse

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just jam the bars into a fragment of a dead old man's leg and drag it with you, duh

that was the theme of the dlc. something about dead old men's legs. i dunno i skipped through all the dialogue

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

RyokoTK posted:

Was Dead Money the one where dumbasses told on themselves by complaining they couldn’t take all the gold bars at the end?

Yeah lol it owns

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the dead money gold leavers are same people who complained about how slow walking around morrowind was when the game drops a tutorial mage on you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxRSr_JoPf0

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm not playing a mage

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also it had a bunch of party members who would betray you down the line if you were a dick to them, and also one who would betray you if you passed any skill checks that made you cooler than him. That was another fun twist that made a lot of people mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the only thing i disliked about dead money was the music boxes that blew your head up

im not very perspective and i struggled to see alot of them

otherwise it owned lol