Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I got stuck for a while at a point mid-game that required swimming, it had just been so long since I got introduced to the mechanic early on that I forgot it was a thing. It feels very sparsely incorporated into the main questline at least, which is a shame because the mechanics feel pretty reasonable for this kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it's also good to know because basically every swimmable pool of water has at least one chest in it if you dive down

I'm glad I didn't get the BD-1 upgrades that show them on the map until post-game, that poo poo would've driven me insane if I'd realized how many I was missing even feeling like I was being thorough

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Mandrel posted:

I'm glad I didn't get the BD-1 upgrades that show them on the map until post-game, that poo poo would've driven me insane if I'd realized how many I was missing even feeling like I was being thorough

The game does tell you how many you’ve missed even without the map upgrades. :v:

(Square button on the map on PS5)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turgle appreciation post.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It took me a while to notice that Turgle carries a gun.

I hope it's, like, a prop someone gave him otherwise I'm worried he'll put an eye out.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ZeeBoi posted:

There are upgrades that show all the collectibles on the map. That’s something I will get to mop up the collectibles I missed after finishing the story. I usually manage to get like ~80-90% of them in a given area during my regular playthroughs, the ones I miss were mostly due to not having a particular skill

Yeah, I'm doing some mop up right now and finding things I never would have found on my own. The exploration itself is rewarding, I think, but it's important to realize when it's time to get back to the main story.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

It took me a while to notice that Turgle carries a gun.

I hope it's, like, a prop someone gave him otherwise I'm worried he'll put an eye out.

Turgle carries a gun for emergencies--he might need to sell it for quick cash.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's too late now since I got them all, but they should make the plants w/seeds stand out more. They give off a little glowy seed thing but you have to be close to notice. If you're zipping around the map you're not going to notice them all. When I went back to get all the collectibles on Koboh, I managed to get most of everything else just by exploring. I barely managed to find any seeds on my own just because I didn't see them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh. Turgle is played by the same guy who played Alpha 5 in Power Rangers. I thought he sounded familiar. Also Moxxie in Helluva Boss for a more recent reference.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Huh. Turgle is played by the same guy who played Alpha 5 in Power Rangers. I thought he sounded familiar. Also Moxxie in Helluva Boss for a more recent reference.

richard horvitz, one of the greats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkgEaHDrwY

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The vaderfight kinda feels like a sekiro boss but just more straight forward....

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Did the game start crashing constantly for anyone else the last few days? I did the sequence where you get the koboh particle emitter 3 times before I decided the game is just unplayable. Sucks because I was having no other issues.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Moon Monster posted:

Did the game start crashing constantly for anyone else the last few days? I did the sequence where you get the koboh particle emitter 3 times before I decided the game is just unplayable. Sucks because I was having no other issues.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA App cleared up my repetitive crashes, but if it's a console thing, guessing that's not in the cards

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah at least Cal managed to hang onto his rebreather. Although he could swim on the surface before that. Also why isn’t there a Jedi breath holding power??

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Man, gently caress that force tear in the smuggler’s tunnels. Just give me waves of enemies to fight, not this unforgiving zipline bullshit.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Is it one of the traversal ones? I found just one so far behind a waterfall near town and it was super easy. Involves sliding, jumping and a force field that switches sides of the screen for each jump.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I hope every boss fight in the sequel is like Rayvis or Vader, those rocked. The rest was meh all around. Honorary mention goes to Rick the Door Technician.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Dogen posted:

Is it one of the traversal ones? I found just one so far behind a waterfall near town and it was super easy. Involves sliding, jumping and a force field that switches sides of the screen for each jump.

Try the one in the smuggler’s tunnels, it’s behind a green force field. Maybe I’m just bad at games. :shobon: I did get it eventually.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

ZeeBoi posted:

Try the one in the smuggler’s tunnels, it’s behind a green force field. Maybe I’m just bad at games. :shobon: I did get it eventually.

I’ve seen footage of some of them that look like 3D Celeste; I just thought since it was near start it wouldn’t be elaborate, but I don’t have the green force field mcguffin yet so I guess it’s probably more difficult

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

oh so it WAS him! that explains why Turgle sounds so much like Invader Zim

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The song “Eseerin Vasahina” is loving awesome. :peanut:

https://youtu.be/UjtOUwErXyo

The HU rule

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

ZeeBoi posted:

Man, gently caress that force tear in the smuggler’s tunnels. Just give me waves of enemies to fight, not this unforgiving zipline bullshit.

haha, exactly my thoughts with that one. It's rather wonky

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SirSamVimes posted:

Finished the game. Verdict: it good

The story with Bode was far more interesting/engaging to me than the stuff about Dagan/Tanalorr, and he was the interesting charismatic villain that the game was missing. He's no Second Sister, but he's very good in his own right and his boss fight was very cool.

I'm hoping the stuff with the darkness is resolved with the idea that balance is what's necessary, not the traditional Jedi "suppress all emotion". I always liked the idea in the Jedi Knight games that Light Side/Dark Side powers are not necessarily good or evil, just how they are used.

edit: Rayvis was still the best boss fight in the game.

I would not count on it.

In Star Wars the dark side is not an equal and opposite force. It is a cancer. You cannot achieve balance by using it.

The Jedi Order’s methodology was not good, but the desired end state is the same.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Weren't there some Jedis that used both sparingly without going full cartoon villain?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Oblivious posted:

I would not count on it.

In Star Wars the dark side is not an equal and opposite force. It is a cancer. You cannot achieve balance by using it.

The Jedi Order’s methodology was not good, but the desired end state is the same.

Doesn't it vary from source to source? I could have sworn (in KotOR 2 I think?) the dark side is just power that is drawn from powerful emotion rather than peace of mind but I could be misremembering.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Uh that’s Kreia propaganda sir

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Merrin’s poo poo-eating grin after telling Bode she needs some of his blood. :3:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did you play the first game? It has a whole area where it's required. There's also at least one part of the critical path in Survivor that requires it as well.

I did but it's been a long time. The part I'm talking about in Survivor is probably the part you're talking about, since it was part of a main quest (and is why I got stuck, since it was the only way to progress forward and was the first time up until that point where I had encountered swimming in the game).

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...”

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ZeeBoi posted:

Merrin’s poo poo-eating grin after telling Bode she needs some of his blood. :3:

I love how whenever someone acts scared of Merrin, Cal immediately starts loving with them

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

power couple right there

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TK-42-1 posted:

power couple right there

that's the pair of gonk droids on the recharging station in the back room at Pyloon's

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao and Merrin telling Zee she must make Greez fear her for him to tell the truth about Cal’s exploits. And telling her they should put a curse on Greez, make him suffer.

Merrin’s dry humour is delightful. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's really funny how when Merrin is first introduced, she's just a spooky angry witch without much personality to speak of, but the moment she starts talking to Cal instead of yelling at him, she displays that excellent dry humour. I think a big part of why it's great is that the VA delivery is flawless.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The voice work in this game is above and beyond even the best animated works. I guess it helps that they did a lot of it in mocap, but even then there’s times where I forget that it’s all animated. The acting is just really top notch.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The whole game, really. One of your better pieces of SW media out there, imo. I finished it last night and I'm starting a completionist playthrough today, I'm starting to actually get the lightsaber combat now and it's super fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Madurai posted:

Turgle carries a gun for emergencies--he might need to sell it for quick cash.

Lmao

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Sad that there's no Turgle fight

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

SolarFire2 posted:

Maybe I kinda tuned out this part, but could someone explain the villain story and motivation of Dagan?

From what I can tell, his story seems to be he found a planet that's only really interesting because it's hard to find. He wants to create an academy or something there, the Jedi Council says no, and he throws a temper tantrum and turns dark side. Now he's trying to get back there, but why? What does he intend to do and why is it so necessary to stop him?

Gonna quote this spoiler from awhile back. I have to admit I'm also slightly lost here. My assumption was that there was going to be a reveal, but then he's killed fairly eaely before the endgame and I kinda forgot about it due to the followijg story beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

TK-42-1 posted:

The voice work in this game is above and beyond even the best animated works. I guess it helps that they did a lot of it in mocap, but even then there’s times where I forget that it’s all animated. The acting is just really top notch.

Even BD-1 is mocapped, with the actor making noises with a nose whistle: https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor/battlefield-3-bd-1