Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

This is fun and if you're in the area you should come out and say hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Careful, I might just show up.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Are there enough for a KBH one?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

One Swede and one or two Danes will be meeting up in Aalborg later in the year, if anyone wants to get in on that.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, that sounds like fun. Aalborg's a fair bit closer than Stockholm.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

One Swede and one or two Danes will be meeting up in Aalborg later in the year, if anyone wants to get in on that.

Is there a thread for this?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I’m at Bar Kiosko right now, anyone want anything?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rust Martialis posted:

Nobody can afford that.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

Is there a thread for this?
I can make one if people are interested.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

KozmoNaut posted:

Nobody can afford that.

Last visit to Copenhagen this year made me feel young again. As in everything is bloody expensive.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lilljonas posted:

It’s probably a calculated fight. SD is not doing well as a government (kinda) party. They are a populist missnöjesparti and needs to be in opposition. The solution is to start fights to appease their voters. L is obviously the weakest of the Tidö parties, and their natural enemies, so expect three more years of this. Just the last months we’ve seen SD banging their drums about reduktionsplikten (putting L’s minister of environment in a bad seat), about the state micromanaging culture funding more (a L hot button) and now swexit, with L having a history of being the most pro-EU party for decades. It’s a targeted attack to be able to be against the government without doing it in any meaningful way. Theatre.

Also, today aftonbladet fired some hot scandpol thread shots:

”’Man i badbyxa’ var försvunnen dansk: Tragiskt”

the problem of government or quasi-government is not one any of the scandinavian right-wing populists have managed to properly address. they keep catching their own tail and not quite knowing what to do, and this causes the tendency to splinter into new, weird parties

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I really don't see the great swathes of milk toast Swedish conservatives swallow the idea of leaving the EU, brexit very publicly showed that the drawbacks would go beyond the level that people who are set into comfortable jet-set lives would be willing to sacrifice for some vague notion of national supremacy. I know Åkesson has harped on EU "punishing" the UK for leaving, and that's the *real* reason its such a gently caress up, but, even if that was the case, what makes him think we'd skate by no problem?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I really don't see the great swathes of milk toast Swedish conservatives swallow the idea of leaving the EU, brexit very publicly showed that the drawbacks would go beyond the level that people who are set into comfortable jet-set lives would be willing to sacrifice for some vague notion of national supremacy. I know Åkesson has harped on EU "punishing" the UK for leaving, and that's the *real* reason its such a gently caress up, but, even if that was the case, what makes him think we'd skate by no problem?

I would think the EU would be doubly punitive if Sweden leaves, because with the UK, it was unprecedented and unknown as to what could happen. And now we know and are witnessing the results of Brexit and turns out not great??

if Sweden is not only stupid enough to watch the UK gently caress up, but then go make the same gently caress up themselves thinking there’s no downsides for Pwecious Sweden, you should be punished for being a dumbass.

Anyway I think Jimmie Jammy has more bigger whammies to deal with right now

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

How did that quote go again. "Reality has a well known liberal bias"?
Conservatives aren't particularly known for aligning their ideology with reality in general.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

BigglesSWE posted:

Careful, I might just show up.

Doooo it

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Rust Martialis posted:

I'd be up for it.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

teen witch posted:

I would think the EU would be doubly punitive if Sweden leaves, because with the UK, it was unprecedented and unknown as to what could happen. And now we know and are witnessing the results of Brexit and turns out not great??

if Sweden is not only stupid enough to watch the UK gently caress up, but then go make the same gently caress up themselves thinking there’s no downsides for Pwecious Sweden, you should be punished for being a dumbass.

Anyway I think Jimmie Jammy has more bigger whammies to deal with right now

Also the Tidö agreement is written by morons, in that many of the ideas SD got into it goes directly against EU rules, and Sweden would lose in EU courts if they tried to follow them. Jimmie needs to blame EU for why his impossible policies are not enacted when his voters ask why he hasn’t kicked out all brown people yet and made petrol free.

Leaving EU has a small and, post-brexit and post-pandemic, shrinking support. Jimmie is grasping at lovely straws here, but his options are not great and hopefully it will just end in an even more dysfunctinal government. Because lol at the idea of Ulf taking control of the situation and deal with Jimmie.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 4, 2023

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
God, i wish this clown-shoes "government" had just hosed off already. :sweden:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jimmie has gone on a big PR tour recently, gushing it up with DN journalists and the like, promising to lead the next government (since they’ll totally be the biggest party by then polls what polls sounds like some foreign food yuck!)

Also:
https://twitter.com/sojapojke/status/1654067903736557571?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I've eaten a lot of chickpeas recently because they're cheap and extremely low effort, and I'm whiter than the snow outside.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mymla posted:

I've eaten a lot of chickpeas recently because they're cheap and extremely low effort, and I'm whiter than the snow outside.

I like to just eat an entire can of chickpeas or kidney beans for lunch. CORE AND ALL!

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Ugh, you are a bunch of chickpea boys and will turn whatever-chickpea-equivalent-of-soy-turning-you-gay any time now.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve always eaten chickpeas and I not only know how to throw a snowball, I know how to hide a shard of ice in one (I was a wretched kid).

My cat loves chickpeas and I love making hummus so happy to be the problem. Also aquafaba owns!

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

teen witch posted:

I’ve always eaten chickpeas and I not only know how to throw a snowball, I know how to hide a shard of ice in one (I was a wretched kid).

My cat loves chickpeas and I love making hummus so happy to be the problem. Also aquafaba owns!

Love is an understatement, that cat goes nuts for chickpeas haha

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Never had a chickpea on my face

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BigglesSWE posted:

moderaterna are never going to go for it

i think that's part of the point, to have an emotive issue where SD can corner the market on the substantial minority of euroskeptics in the population. with the left increasingly vacating that space, it's a cheap move for the nationalist right

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

By my count, DR was the sole Danish news outlet to correctly report that the WHO no longer considers COVID a global health emergency; everyone else wrote it's no longer a health threat, despite Tedros stating emphatically that it still very much is. They have also adjusted their total deaths estimate to 20+ million.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

Never had a chickpea on my face

That's good. You're supposed to have a chickpea in your mouth.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Man, SD really want to make transphobia the next step in the never-ending culture war huh?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/WR3g5a/akesson-i-storbrak-med-pehrson-om-skamlos-vinhora-i-partiledardebatten

Jerkhammer
Mar 18, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Man, SD really want to make transphobia the next step in the never-ending culture war huh?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/WR3g5a/akesson-i-storbrak-med-pehrson-om-skamlos-vinhora-i-partiledardebatten

I know nothing about them, but "Shameless Whinewhore" isn't the most child- (or society-) friendly name...

That said, I'm a hell of a lot more likely to agree with them than Jimmie "if only immigrants were getting jobs everything would be OK. That's why we need to ask "why is it so difficult for these people to get jobs?" It's because they're not Swedish, they don't belong in Sweden"" Åkesson

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jerkhammer posted:

I know nothing about them, but "Shameless Whinewhore" isn't the most child- (or society-) friendly name...
That's a stage name used at completely different events AFAIK, not in connection with storytime for kids.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
It's happening in DK too, I figure the hogs in both countries are getting their marching orders from the same people. It seems like the American right started loudly having ~concerns~ that drag, crossdressing and any gender nonconformity was actually pedophilia, and it's being imported here wholesale.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

basically every discussion in the more anglophone parts of europe not directly connected to remaining local institutions are stupid echoes of the US, typically filtered through the UK

it's all very discouraging

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Speaking as a Finn, what you are saying is we should all have learned French instead? :allears:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s nearly 1:1 with American right wing talking points, uncannily so. Are the fash here too lazy or too incompetent to create their own bigotry? Importing hatred adds an extra slimy layer of pathetic on an already horrible thing.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

teen witch posted:

It’s nearly 1:1 with American right wing talking points, uncannily so. Are the fash here too lazy or too incompetent to create their own bigotry? Importing hatred adds an extra slimy layer of pathetic on an already horrible thing.

Swedish media has always been pathetically obsessed with US politics even before SD entered parliament. Daily updates several pages long on the latest minutia from the US presidential campaign trail. Swedes can name more American members of congress than European heads of state (or Swedish members of parliament, probably).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I don't think that's unique to the Swedish media but yeah there's a lot of coverage of American stuff.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Wait, did Sweden import drag queen story hour too from the US? Why? Everything is stupid.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

What indigenous traditions has sweden come up with since midsommar, valborg and men magically deciding it’s their turn to pick up at daycare on nice days in spring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rappaport posted:

Speaking as a Finn, what you are saying is we should all have learned French instead? :allears:

ideally we could have had a less utterly provinicial attitude towards the yanks even without denying the basic geopolitical structure of the world, but your point is well enough made

i really do wish we could've taken a less silly country than the US to poorly copy, though