Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

How does this keep happening lol

Have you heard of the Maple Leafs before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I love how it’s just going to go from “leaf’s haven’t won a first round series in x years” to “leaf’s haven’t won a second round game in x years”

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey I'll lol along with them, leafs deserved to lose

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Very tame Dubas cam

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Toronto Maple :laffo:s

BWV
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
how do they fall asleep at the wheel so often?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Ahahahahahahahahahaha

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Very tame Dubas cam

Man delivered on his promise. Round 2 baby!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Surely at least this gets Keefe canned?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this is so fuckin funny lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

triple sulk posted:

the florida panther cats hockey club are going to win the stanley cup, imo

:bisonyes:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

actionjackson posted:

this is so fuckin funny lol

4-0 will be funniest.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Another one the other night. I guess this is the…wrap-a-round

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1652504152583315456?t=p4uqM2SJbGTTQhk0-a467w&s=19

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is the postseason Florida was supposed to have last year

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Kraken are back and refreshed, should be an easy night

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Any good recommendations for leafs sports radio to listen to people calling in

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marner had the worst game score of any Leaf lmao

I think people have severely overestimated this core, biggest game of the year and Matthews and Marner were actively bad in it. Only top forward to make a play was Nylander.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Am 590/1050

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"do you a way the toronto maple leafs come back in this series?"

"UH"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

aejix posted:

Any good recommendations for leafs sports radio to listen to people calling in

Sportsnet 590 The FAN

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Surely at least this gets Keefe canned?

lol if the Leafs bring back Dubas after this barring a miracle comeback.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

eXXon posted:

I could see him surviving. It'll be gross, sure.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

He’ll survive for breaking the first round curse

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like that they flew Joe Bowen down to Florida to watch that. Maybe they're trying to kill him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

Doesn't Dubas not have a contract after this? He's gone for sure.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ZeeBoi posted:

Sportsnet 590 The FAN

I know I have brain damage because I'm for sure going to listen tomorrow during my drive and be nodding my head vigorously when some boomer from Woodbridge say "they just don't want it enough."

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug

ZeeBoi posted:

Sportsnet 590 The FAN

:tipshat:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I could see him surviving. It'll be gross, sure.

ThinkTank posted:

Doesn't Dubas not have a contract after this? He's gone for sure.

Yeah bringing him back would be a level of poo poo eating that not even Shanahan is capable of, I think. The team's position is so loving bad after next season and it's 100% Dubas' doing.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
wow I'm surprised Marchment was able to bounce right back up after that hit.. looks like that hurt lol

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

There were lots of we want Florida chants in the arena and parking lot tonight

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

Yeah bringing him back would be a level of poo poo eating that not even Shanahan is capable of, I think. The team's position is so loving bad after next season and it's 100% Dubas' doing.

I defended him for a while but he's been a disaster for the past few years. Wasted this core and it's entirely possible Matthews is gone in a year. This is serious enough that you probably have to consider trading him this summer.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ThinkTank posted:

This is the postseason Florida was supposed to have last year

I miss so many of the depth players from last year but the wins make it easy to get over it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I defended him for a while but he's been a disaster for the past few years. Wasted this core and it's entirely possible Matthews is gone in a year. This is serious enough that you probably have to consider trading him this summer.

Matthews is a shooter whose wrist has been hosed for more than a year, no relief from the off-season or missed time during the year. I’m not sure he’d ever take a pay cut but if he can’t wire shots through goalies anymore he sure as hell doesn’t deserve a raise. I’m not sure what you do with that guy tbh.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

ZeeBoi posted:

Sportsnet 590 The FAN

Not quite as cathartic as Boston radio after they got knocked out, they were just miserable. These Toronto guys are just loving roasting them, it's very funny

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Matthews is a shooter whose wrist has been hosed for more than a year, no relief from the off-season or missed time during the year. I’m not sure he’d ever take a pay cut but if he can’t wire shots through goalies anymore he sure as hell doesn’t deserve a raise. I’m not sure what you do with that guy tbh.

Yeah it's an impossible situation and he sure hasn't played like a guy that gave the slightest poo poo tonight. I tend not to put too much stock in one playoff series, but Jesus Christ man.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah it's an impossible situation and he sure hasn't played like a guy that gave the slightest poo poo tonight. I tend not to put too much stock in one playoff series, but Jesus Christ man.

It’s not one series though, he didn’t look like he gave a poo poo when they were eliminated the other six times either.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jesus Toronto lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Boston and Toronto eating poo poo is the best loving timeline