Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

No, I will not make money off donuts and coffee

Rationale posted:

Speak for yourself

every passing month pseudo's post gets closer to becoming the new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Thread titles work the same way as headlines, if it contains a question the answer is "no".

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

CarForumPoster posted:

Yea this kinda sums it up.

I am pretty sure I can find the money if he can actually sell some donuts.

That he doesnt know why he may need operating capital if he's already operating is not helping his case tho.

I want to see this. I want CarForumPoster and I Got the Tude Now team up, go to Ohio, and mentor/invest in the OP like goony Gordon Ramsay's, in the grimiest and most desolate murder shack this side of the Mississip

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I want to see this. I want CarForumPoster and I Got the Tude Now team up, go to Ohio, and mentor/invest in the OP like goony Gordon Ramsay's, in the grimiest and most desolate murder shack this side of the Mississip

IDK poo poo about running a restaurant or donut shop. I basically looked up the basic data on researching franchising a dunkin'. The reason I suspect it'd be a decent investment is that to out perform a major chain despite him having WAY more constraints would be an incredible feat. I suspect he can't hit the number he said, but if he did he'd be operating one HELL of a donut shop. If he does that for 3 months, he's proven himself. With daily loan payments based on revenue its relatively low risk for me and he'd have enough operating revenue it could be a decent deal for him too. That said, I suspect he could find a wayyyy better one.

Theres a couple episodes of CNBC's The Profit where the dude goes to restaurants that are failing. One of them became a major chain, "simple greek", previously called "my big fat gyro" or something like that. He covers the fundamental numbers of restaurants pretty well from what I can recall.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

CarForumPoster posted:

IDK poo poo about running a restaurant or donut shop. I basically looked up the basic data on researching franchising a dunkin'. The reason I suspect it'd be a decent investment is that to out perform a major chain despite him having WAY more constraints would be an incredible feat. I suspect he can't hit the number he said, but if he did he'd be operating one HELL of a donut shop. If he does that for 3 months, he's proven himself. With daily loan payments based on revenue its relatively low risk for me and he'd have enough operating revenue it could be a decent deal for him too. That said, I suspect he could find a wayyyy better one.

Theres a couple episodes of CNBC's The Profit where the dude goes to restaurants that are failing. One of them became a major chain, "simple greek", previously called "my big fat gyro" or something like that. He covers the fundamental numbers of restaurants pretty well from what I can recall.

Sounds like spreadsheets for nerds. Just need to put in some elbow grease hoods and OP will be selling coffee and donuts to the regs on the reg. (Regs stands for "regulars" and reg also stands for "regular").

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
What do the numbers look like on converting the run-down murder-shack to a meth or moonshine operation? The initial investment has to be way, way smaller, as the building is perfect as-is. No work required! Can any of the already purchased used donut equipment be repurposed? I think the profit margins are way higher with meth than donuts. Not sure about moonshine, that seems like a tougher business. Still (get it, still?), it has to be better than donuts. Don't need any employees when you're getting started up. If the business isn't doing well, you've got a coping mechanism right there. I guess that's true with donuts, too, though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

What do the numbers look like on converting the run-down murder-shack to a meth or moonshine operation? The initial investment has to be way, way smaller, as the building is perfect as-is. No work required! Can any of the already purchased used donut equipment be repurposed? I think the profit margins are way higher with meth than donuts. Not sure about moonshine, that seems like a tougher business. Still (get it, still?), it has to be better than donuts. Don't need any employees when you're getting started up. If the business isn't doing well, you've got a coping mechanism right there. I guess that's true with donuts, too, though.

Think bigger. Why limit yourself to just one revenue stream? Donuts AND coffee AND meth AND moonshine. That's how you take down Dunkin.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tweakin' Donuts

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

Think bigger. Why limit yourself to just one revenue stream? Donuts AND coffee AND meth AND moonshine. That's how you take down Dunkin.

Maybe OP can partner with this guy.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kxbdz/man-arrested-after-opening-heroin-cocaine-and-meth-store-in-canada

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
The local hooch and speed market is pretty saturated. I can see the nearest flop house when the leaves are off the trees .

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

The local hooch and speed market is pretty saturated. I can see the nearest flop house when the leaves are off the trees .

Get them tweekers hooked on lentil donuts

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

Oh a loan if I were gonna get a loan I’d have a business plan

New thread title

Duckman2008 posted:

There’s funny content Just don’t expect anything to actually happen.

The guy is busy funnel( cake)ing @dril while BFC steams its lentils as if OP were serious and not a troll. The funny content is what's actually happening, and I love it and am here for it.

I'm still of the opinion that he's actually got an idea of what he's doing and is winding up BFC for our collective enjoyment (or none of what he's posting is actually what he's doing and it's just random pictures of junk he's encountering and pretending to impulse purchase), rather than groverhausing his way towards donuts. If I'm wrong, it's still a pleasant stroll around the well he's digging.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
E:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

If I meet rationale it will be to turn his legs into linguine

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I realized this thread is like hairdresser's. They are one of the few businesses who can advertise by showing stock photos of cool haircuts, instead of things they did themselves. And this donut shop also explicitly shows photos of donuts they might possibly make, but have no evidence of making.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
No this thread is like zaurg in that it's a troll from start to finish.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

I got the tude now posted:

If I meet rationale it will be to turn his legs into linguine

Tonya Harding called she says you’re bein weird

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
tell her i'm single

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Eric the Mauve posted:

No this thread is like zaurg in that it's a troll from start to finish.

Zaurg was far too stupid to be a troll.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
It might please you to know that the fritters came out like poo poo

Didn’t soak long enough, batter too thick, dropper wasn’t working so I did them by hand and they were too big, took on too much oil, generally hosed in every conceivable fashion, pics to come the day is young

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
To paraphrase Edison, you have not failed, you have just successfully invented a way to gently caress up frying dough.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Tonya Harding called she says you’re bein weird

The irony is that Tonya Harding has more food accomplishments than you do she won celebrity worst cooks in America

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Didn’t soak long enough, batter too thick, dropper wasn’t working so I did them by hand and they were too big, took on too much oil, generally hosed in every conceivable fashion, pics to come the day is young

Bullshit. You're going to post someone else's decent looking donut as a humblebrag

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Duckman2008 posted:

The irony is that Tonya Harding has more food accomplishments than you do she won celebrity worst cooks in America

I’ve actually won 4-h a bunch and had a perfect record for calf care when I worked on a 120 cow dairy so we’re food peers

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
It was raining so I fried in a sea crate

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Birthday swag

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

The X-man cometh posted:

Bullshit. You're going to post someone else's decent looking donut as a humblebrag

Oh yeah?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
😭

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’m sorry, Dolly

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Here’s nasty cake done three ways

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Here they are in the compost bin. Hope the worms forgive me!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Best paper donut I made today

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
:thumbsup: for the compost bin.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Then I sneak-attacked a bullseye because I was hurting for a W

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Rationale posted:

Then I sneak-attacked a bullseye because I was hurting for a W

Sorry why aren't you making this a combination donuttery / shooting range again?

Seems about as good as the rest of the half-baked ideas

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Two ranges and two gun stores closer than the closest drive-through bakery cafe

E: matter fact you’d have to drive like an hour to get scratch yeast doughnuts of any variety

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Rationale posted:

Two ranges and two gun stores closer than the closest drive-through bakery cafe

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Sorry why aren't you making this a combination donuttery / shooting range again?

Seems about as good as the rest of the half-baked ideas

Honestly that wouldn't be the weirdest combo. There's an axe throwing/bar/escape room/haunted house combo near Akron

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Imagine finding insurance for a building that has an open kettle fryer and fifty or sixty pounds of smokeless powder (and a few pounds of each of the old flavors)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Rationale posted:

Don’t beat yourself up. You can try again with a totally different recipe in another six months.