Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jokic did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jokic did nothing wrong

He could have used the other elbow after

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Fast Luck posted:

Suns just need KD and Book to keep scoring 40 each on 75%+ shooting and they’ll win

I mean at this point I wouldn’t bet against it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Also ishbia should get a line on the box score for his efforts. Sarver would have called him an obscure slur or something

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
str8 habanero magic take

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A lustrous cloud of equal parts hair and drakkar noir.

His hats cool too

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Oh, you were in war?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
War ready waaaar ready war ready waaar ready war ready Boston lost already

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1655414692427472897?s=20

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If this series suffers because of people who can afford seats like that (basically fuckin demons) then I'm gonna be pissed

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Owners initiating contact, then flopping to get the opposing team's best player suspended is the new market inefficiency.

If Jokic does get suspended then the Suns win the championship, it would be the first time ever the team owner actually deserves to hold the trophy first, though.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
If Jokic gets suspended I’m gonna be real fuckin close to not watching the rest of these wonderful playoffs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Blind Pineapple posted:

Owners initiating contact, then flopping to get the opposing team's best player suspended is the new market inefficiency.

If Jokic does get suspended then the Suns win the championship, it would be the first time ever the team owner actually deserves to hold the trophy first, though.

Mark Cuban punching the air because he never thought of this

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't care about Jokic or the Nuggets, but a tech even seems like too much for whatever the gently caress this was.

https://twitter.com/BackcourtAlerts/status/1655376814158610434

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Reminder that the first thing Ishbia wanted to do as owner of the Suns was hire Isiah Thomas

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

Reminder that the first thing Ishbia wanted to do as owner of the Suns was hire Isiah Thomas

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1655385329375883265

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You mean the Isiah Thomas who has a very good friend who is in charge of the NBA disciplinary process? Uh-oh.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why was Jokic trying to wrestle the ball from the crowd? That seems like it's someone else's job.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jokic wanted to inbound quick to start a fast break opportunity

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The suns are cool when they win

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
there is literally 0 chance that anyone else in those seats grabbing the ball like that and holding it doesn't result in them getting ejected

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

more specifically hes trying to inbound the ball while that sun is layed out in the crowd and the suns crowd is trying to stop him from gaining that advantage which is uh. not what crowds are there for

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doesn't the ref have to spot the ball on inbounds or have to whistle the play to start or something

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fan intentionally holding onto the ball to give their team a strategic advantage. Let alone it actually working and getting a T against the other team

Absolutely insane

Also Jokic and Book are having all-time crazy statlines

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Doesn't the ref have to spot the ball on inbounds or have to whistle the play to start or something

Players hand the ball to the ref for a quick inbounds all the time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

You get the ball to the ref fast. The ref will then give it back and you can inbound it. They won't hold play up.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

pentyne posted:

there is literally 0 chance that anyone else in those seats grabbing the ball like that and holding it doesn't result in them getting ejected

I'll give a charitable interpretation but he didn't grab the ball, it appears to literally have bounced to him when Okogie went after it out of bounds:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1655376930152251392

He should have thrown it to the ref, but he also appeared to be checking on Okogie. He should have just handed it to Jokic though when Jokic came for it.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

SourKraut posted:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1655376930152251392

He should have thrown it to the ref, but he also appeared to be checking on Okogie. He should have just handed it to Jokic though when Jokic came for it.

I feel like because it’s Jokic people are seeing in this what they want to see and not what actually happened. As that angle shows Okogie goes flying into the seats next to Ishbia and the ball ends up in his arms. He turns and stands up to check on/help Okogie up and Jokic almost immediately runs over, wrests the ball away from him, and then forearms him. Ishbia isn’t even looking at Jokic or aware he’s coming until he’s on top of him.

It’s like 4-5 seconds from the time Okogie smacks into the seats to the time Jokic is grabbing at Ishbia, and he had to come running from the court to do it. I don’t think he should be out for game 5 but this was MPJ or Torrey Craig shoving some random fan they would have been ejected and probably suspended a game.

E: Also for those saying Jokic was trying to get the ball to quickly inbound, the nearest ref to hand it off to was all the way over under the hoop

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 8, 2023

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
kinda silly to argue about a light shove when another player just barrelled into the whole front row at full speed lmao

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
okogie should be suspended for making contact with multiple fans in the stands, which is NOT okay. people are just seeing what they want to see because

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Unhinged Magic Tweets era

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
A league that protects fans is not a league I want. The Palace Malicers did nothing wrong!!

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
first markieff morris and now matt ishbia. the man is a menace with a history of violence

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Porfiriato posted:

E: Also for those saying Jokic was trying to get the ball to quickly inbound, the nearest ref to hand it off to was all the way over under the hoop

lmao. jokic at the arc trying to get the ball to a wide open ref under the basket just fully dumbfounded, unable to figure out how to get it there. if only he had any sort of skills to figure out this loving conundrum, any training or past experience. its impossible. theres no way to get the ball from where he is to another spot on the court. its over.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

To reiterate I don’t think he will (or should) be suspended but it will be interesting to see how much lingering PTSD from the malice at the palace there is in the league office about fan-player altercations. I suspect some stern noises and a fine is as far as Silver wants to go.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1655377461864206336?s=20

while the dipshit owner definitely wasn't like plotting to obliterate a denver fast break possession when jokic gets his hand on the ball he starts swatting it away for...some reason?? just aggro for no reason, would be petty bullshit if he was a player but hes just some moron in the stands. we are watching to see the players play not to watch the Midlife Crisis Crew go aggro like their secretary just put in some pto

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Ghost Dog posted:

while the dipshit owner definitely wasn't like plotting to obliterate a denver fast break possession when jokic gets his hand on the ball he starts swatting it away for...some reason?? just aggro for no reason, would be petty bullshit if he was a player but hes just some moron in the stands. we are watching to see the players play not to watch the Midlife Crisis Crew go aggro like their secretary just put in some pto

Yeah, he was aggressive and his flipping the ball away could easily have been construed as interference. Plus, he does put his hand on Jokic before selling the contact.

The fact that he's an owner makes any appearance of interference worse, he should be the one fined imo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If Anthony Edwards brutally assaulted a security guard with a chair to the back then what Jokic did was a forearm shiver to a innocent mans throat that was clearly trying to crush his windpipe.

Or rather, neither thing is a big deal and we should just move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jokic should be fined because he had an opportunity to do some real damage to a billionaire and just lightly shoved him.