Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Theantero posted:

Yeah, G Greg definitely can outpace the healing from Lantern all by himself. My thought was more to have a healing option ready if I elect for a cheeky Burn build in the future or something. Then again, Ardor Blossom is also good for that, and the point about Legerdemain being ludicrous is a good one. Maybe I'll go for Ardor Blossom instead.

I may be biased because I love Liu, burn, and Ishmael: Yes, 100% go for Ardor Blossom. It's gorgeous and hits like six freight train cars. Liu Gregor can keep himself alive just fine with Perfected Death Fist. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Garren_Windspear posted:

Incidentally what is the general consensus on R-Corp Ishmael? She's the only sinner I don't have a 3-Star for and I'm considering sharding for her before the end of the season just to have one.

Reindeer Ishmael is pretty good Blunt damage, just make sure you play her carefully (or reset if you get unlucky).

Also of note: her off-field passive has the incredible power to make N Corp Sinclair even stronger: it gives the ally with the lowest SP (probably Sinclair, by design) +10% Blunt damage (the only type Sinclair does).

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/FAmaruma/status/1654052416134979584

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

Yeah, G Greg definitely can outpace the healing from Lantern all by himself. My thought was more to have a healing option ready if I elect for a cheeky Burn build in the future or something. Then again, Ardor Blossom is also good for that, and the point about Legerdemain being ludicrous is a good one. Maybe I'll go for Ardor Blossom instead.

The main issue with Lantern is that it's too wimpy to get much from the HP gain. I'm curous to see where Gregor's arm-tree tech tree goes from there though.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Finished getting shards for Sinclair after reset and am so far pleased with him. And glad I didn't go all in on farming the event before because he makes it much easier. N sinclair easily makes up for chef Gregor having poor clashes. But I have the opposite problem than expected in that the team generates too much sp. Whistle goes off basically every other turn and there's not enough wrath generation with a team of n don Sinclair and Faust with the two chefs. He easily gets above 30 and stays there. But he still wins almost every clash so it works out.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

Adds resources, doesn't seem to resonate. Which sucks.

I just tested it in a mirror dungeon, it absolutely Resonates: Unless it's a bug and I am only seeing the A. Res. visually? But it definitely resonated with two actual Pride skills from other other characters.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

I just tested it in a mirror dungeon, it absolutely Resonates: Unless it's a bug and I am only seeing the A. Res. visually? But it definitely resonated with two actual Pride skills from other other characters.
Yeah I also managed to get the A.Res on another run after I made that post. The defensive skill doesn't get the resonance message (like the other skills in resonance do), which is what confused me.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheNabster posted:

Very interesting stuff in the uptying stories but Don's has some implications

She's never actually eaten the brainwashing oatmeal at all, and she's constantly reading whenever she has a moment of quiet even to the point where she's made her own copies of the hammer scripture so she can read them on demand, you can hear her pulling them out in her afternoon greeting and idle talk. And she's fanatical even to the point where other veteran hammers would be worn out so I'm convinced that she hyperfixates on what ever she's interested in, and also that she is a murderous psycho that is reigned in by the heroic fixer obsession, this is just what it looks like when she's allowed to just go hog wild

...You saw what she did to Sinclair, right? I don't think that's much of a secret.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Finished N Sinclair's Railway Adventure, was pretty funny overall. His one sided attacks hit hard, even better than W Don or R Healthcliff. The final battle's gimmick only makes it funnier as the first hit of Purge did around 260 damage, spawning a number so big it covered the entire screen, and then he kept going for like 6-700 damage total

The catch of course is that it's going to tank his brain points something fierce, so Faust has to be on babysitting duty with Representation Emitter or Fluid Sac so he doesn't start murdering the team with a calendar on a stick. Yi Sang's support passive is unfortunately too effective at keeping him afloat and he'll stay in the positives for the most part if it's active. Even if you can mitigate the corrosion's effects with the soup it still resets his SP to 0 and leaves him vulernable so it's generally a better idea to not let him corrode in the first place.

Also negative SP goes back to 0 after a rest so he is not allowed break time if you want him at Peak Performance for the start of the next fight.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shastahanshah posted:

...You saw what she did to Sinclair, right? I don't think that's much of a secret.

She wants to be a Big Hero, and this obsession can lead her to various places. Most of them bad, because a desire to do good is not something the City encourages.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

I'm pretty sure Dante will go all "I CAN UNDO THIS, I SWEAR!" or something like that.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Shastahanshah posted:

I mean a bit of roughhousing should be expected between the members of the suicide squad, but I'm thinking more of that time Vergilius kicked the poo poo out of her for that incident at the K-Corp security checkpoint and reminded her about the 'deal' he has with her.

Which I can only assume is some variant of 'stop killing people randomly'

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

TheNabster posted:

I mean a bit of roughhousing should be expected between the members of the suicide squad, but I'm thinking more of that time Vergilius kicked the poo poo out of her for that incident at the K-Corp security checkpoint and reminded her about the 'deal' he has with her.

Which I can only assume is some variant of 'stop killing people randomly'

I'd imagine that her being a good behavior is her end of the deal (along with maybe some other stuff), as for what Don gets in return, I feel it's something not just her getting to meet a multitude of high grade / Color Fixers, but possibly something pertaining to her past (of course, like for all the other Sinners).

In fact, we can reasonably theorize the deals for the other Sinners.

Evidently from Ishmael's statement, it can be generalized that they will gain good payments & further their standings as a results, with each Sinners having their reason.

Gregor & Sinclair is probably for literal survival reasons, with Gregor being from a Fallen Wing & Sinclair losing his family (and his hometown in Chapter 3).

Rodion is a bit more cryptic, maybe she want resources to pay back those she unintentionally harmed, or maybe she views the journey through the "Inferno" as her "Punishment".

Ishmael possibly want the resources so she can properly track down Captain Ahab or something.

Heathcliff will benefit from the rewards as it will increase his standing with his lovely family back at home, and its implied in his IDs that this is the reason for him to join the other groups, as the book Heathcliff engaged in some rather unsavory business to become very wealthy, giving him the power to kick out his lovely family & consolidate power.

And Faust obviously seeks out whatever Limbus Company seems to be working towards, the supposed "Star" or something, which can be a lot of things.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

StuffyEvil posted:

I'd imagine that her being a good behavior is her end of the deal (along with maybe some other stuff), as for what Don gets in return, I feel it's something not just her getting to meet a multitude of high grade / Color Fixers, but possibly something pertaining to her past (of course, like for all the other Sinners).

In fact, we can reasonably theorize the deals for the other Sinners.

I think you may be overthinking this somewhat when you apply this to other characters. Don is, well, a manic weirdo with a Fixer fixation and oddly colored eyes. She's in a unique place to make a notable deal with Vergilius/Limbus in general. When you apply this to the other sinners, they all boil down to "they were at a bad point in their life and they needed a job". We have a term for that kind of deal, it's the terms of employment. Sure, Faust and (probably) Yi Sang being hired to make the weird tech this game hinges on is different from Meursault and Hong Lu (probably) needing to get away from the things that happened in their previous employers/family is different from Rodion and Sinclair having their old home destroyed, but it's still just people being hired by a company. At some point you're just describing motivation in a slightly weird way.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So today I discovered that you can overclock ego attacks to force a corrosion attack without going to low sanity. I had no idea this was a thing and don't recall seeing a tutorial about it.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Archonex posted:

So today I discovered that you can overclock ego attacks to force a corrosion attack without going to low sanity. I had no idea this was a thing and don't recall seeing a tutorial about it.

It's a recent addition in one of the patches. I presume they just haven't implemented a tutorial yet.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Probe 17 posted:

It's a recent addition in one of the patches. I presume they just haven't implemented a tutorial yet.

Seems like a good idea since it can influence whether you roll for EGO.

Also what the hell I almost spent 10k lunacy on getting Sinclair and nothing. The game really needs a pity system that isn't based off of the shards.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 5, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Archonex posted:

Seems like a good idea since it can influence whether you roll for EGO.

Also what the hell I almost spent 10k lunacy on getting Sinclair and nothing. The game really needs a pity system that isn't based off of the shards.

The developers throw 300 lunacy at us every time they institute a hotfix. There is enough pity to make most gacha fan's green with envy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KobunFan posted:

The developers throw 300 lunacy at us every time they institute a hotfix. There is enough pity to make most gacha fan's green with envy.

I'll have you know that envy is purple actually

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'll have you know that envy is purple actually

This continues to bug the poo poo out of me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not 100% sure but i think 'green with envy' is an english thing and other countries associate envy with purple?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I thought green was envy and purple was jealousy?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Oh, it's absolutely just an English thing, and I can understand they went with associations that made sense for them.

That doesn't mean it isn't going against what my brain says it should be. To recall off the top of my head...

Red - Wrath, obvious pick.
Orange - Lust, which is kind of a "We already used the best color available, this is as close as we can get" pick.
Yellow - Sloth, because something had to be yellow.
Green - Gluttony. Sure, it's not Envy, but this works fine.
Cyan - Gloom. Okay, Gloom isn't a sin, and Cyan isn't a color of the rainbow. But Indigo is a bullshit color, so you have to do something, and this is a fine pick, and it's a kind of sad blue.
Blue - Pride. This is kind of like Lust in that it works, but is kind of second place.
Purple - Envy. Not even as a Green With Envy thing, but Purple feels like it should be Pride.

If I had to reshuffle it'd be...

Red - Wrath
Orange - Lust
Yellow - Gluttony
Green - Envy
Cyan - Gloom
Blue - Sloth
Purple - Pride

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Cyan - Gloom. Okay, Gloom isn't a sin, and Cyan isn't a color of the rainbow. But Indigo is a bullshit color, so you have to do something, and this is a fine pick, and it's a kind of sad blue.

As a random historical note, gloom (well, being despondent) was one of the major sins before they were standardized by Pope Gregory I. So really, it's a perfectly fine set of alternate sins. It's just a timeline where greed got rolled into lust instead of despair being rolled into sloth.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I think you may be overthinking this somewhat when you apply this to other characters. Don is, well, a manic weirdo with a Fixer fixation and oddly colored eyes. She's in a unique place to make a notable deal with Vergilius/Limbus in general. When you apply this to the other sinners, they all boil down to "they were at a bad point in their life and they needed a job". We have a term for that kind of deal, it's the terms of employment. Sure, Faust and (probably) Yi Sang being hired to make the weird tech this game hinges on is different from Meursault and Hong Lu (probably) needing to get away from the things that happened in their previous employers/family is different from Rodion and Sinclair having their old home destroyed, but it's still just people being hired by a company. At some point you're just describing motivation in a slightly weird way.

True, being employed is an excellent survival tactic in the City, assuming that said employment doesn't gets you killed immediately.

I guess I was just trying to get into the specifics, if that's even necessary.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh. I ended up sharding Don's Telepole and I sill have around 370 boxes left. I cooould also go for W Corp Don in exchange for less season 2 crates. Or get 1 or 2 of Ardor Blossom/Wishing Cairn/Faust Telepole.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Huh. I ended up sharding Don's Telepole and I sill have around 370 boxes left. I cooould also go for W Corp Don in exchange for less season 2 crates. Or get 1 or 2 of Ardor Blossom/Wishing Cairn/Faust Telepole.
I'd immediately shard W Don. In fact, I don't know why you'd shard Telepole without having the identity that actually uses it.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'd immediately shard W Don. In fact, I don't know why you'd shard Telepole without having the identity that actually uses it.

Not to mention how strong WARP Don is of course.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

StuffyEvil posted:

Not to mention how strong WARP Don is of course.

She has some issues with consistency, mostly when Rip Space ends up on the bottom row before she can Telepole or when she decides to spend her first 2 turns with nothing but Rips. Everything kinda has to go her way to get that combo off.

Then said when it does go off whatever she's fighting will just explode so if you have Telepole there's no reason not to get her asap

e: of course this is normal use. in the Railway she's just a monster with no downsides

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 6, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

As a random historical note, gloom (well, being despondent) was one of the major sins before they were standardized by Pope Gregory I. So really, it's a perfectly fine set of alternate sins. It's just a timeline where greed got rolled into lust instead of despair being rolled into sloth.

Or you could argue that Greed is what makes the City function and it is such a key part of their world that it is barely worth mentioning. I remember Gloom/Despair as being a sin because you believed that God had forsaken you, making it a sin to blaspheme against God's love or something like that. I remember Re: Zero also brings in that sin.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Something about Don is that Ruina mentioned that a warp train was full of people that formed a feudal kingdom with knights and nobles. Which is a weird thing to mention if they didn't plan on bringing it up again. Especially when you factor in that we've gotten no hints of other places that operated in a way that would explain Don Quixote's mentality of hyper violence and "justice".

Part of me wonders if she's that crazy that she tried to join them given her N corp ID reveals her ability to hyper fixate to the point of weaponizing autism (as someone else pointed out) on something that appeals to her. Or if she's one of those people on the train whose brain is just that broken (Or it's how she learned to cope.) after so many years in a time locked state that somehow escaped the train like that one worker in the mirror dungeon event.

It would also explain why she lashes out with murderous zeal when she sees someone killing someone for no reason, since that's literally how the W corp clean up crews operate on train passengers and it would definitely come off as injustice. Not only that, but that's how Love Town's Tomerry worked as an enforcer to keep passengers in line, which would be in line with how a knight would have to work to keep people in line on the train. It certainly casts a new light on that whole line she gave to Sinclair about how her friends kept her in line by beating the poo poo out of her to make her snap back to reality. :stonk:

Would explain a lot of her mannerisms if so. Especially since her W corp identity cuts out before we see her full reaction. We don't know if the sight of it broke her, or if that's the timeline where she just conformed and her spirit was crushed as a result like with other identities that made the same mistake.

Edit: As a "plus" side, if my theory is right that also means we're likely to get a Tomerry Don Quixote ID at some point. :unsmigghh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 6, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My explanation is that getting an EGo removes it from the pool, getting an identity means it can spook me later and I wasn't sure I could get both. But now it seems so so it's either get W Don or have around 200 S2 boxes after conversion.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I still have W Corp Mersault and Blade Lineage Sinclair, as well as 2 other 00s. I figure I'll get the 00s someday, and I expect to have just enough boxes by the end of the season to get one of the 000s. None of the two seem that great though , and I'm wondering if I should just take the hit and save my boxes for next season.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

posadas posted:

I still have W Corp Mersault and Blade Lineage Sinclair, as well as 2 other 00s. I figure I'll get the 00s someday, and I expect to have just enough boxes by the end of the season to get one of the 000s. None of the two seem that great though , and I'm wondering if I should just take the hit and save my boxes for next season.

IMO if you got em use em, unless you have an astounding pile of shards I don't really think it's worth saving them up between seasons unless you have everything you want already

e: read your posts and oh you do have an astounding pile of shards, welp.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/militantolive/status/1654925810757693443

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, something occurred to me. (apologies for the double post)

I've made posts before about how Ryoshu always has her katana in all of her IDs, and Gregor's arm is somehow screwed up in all his IDs.

In Don's new N Corp ID, one of the NPCs talking about her mentions that she apparently has running shoes on under her boots, which is why she doesn't take them off even during breaks.

I thought for a second, and then went to check her other IDs sprites.

In base LCB, Shi and WARP, she is wearing those same brownish-orange Rocinante shoes.

I'm starting to wonder if all of the IDs have some sort of item or quality that connects them and is a constant in every universe/dimension.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

check your inboxes, 3 more 10 pull compensation tickets, lol. Some sort of dupe railway reward bug this time.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

staplegun posted:

check your inboxes, 3 more 10 pull compensation tickets, lol. Some sort of dupe railway reward bug this time.

Well I don't really understand why we're getting that, but I did pull grippy Sinclair from the first one so I'm not complaining.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yay! One of tickets netted me Emil's N-Corp ID! Now I just need the thread to uptie it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Arzaac posted:

Well I don't really understand why we're getting that, but I did pull grippy Sinclair from the first one so I'm not complaining.

Some people got triple rewards from RR, so PM just gave everyone three 10 rolls to keep things fair.