Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So they burn coal in hell, so I assume that means they're against coal in tats land?
And also I feel like the old guy saying "typical, fatherless" is supposed to be a dig poo poo fixating on culture war bullshit, black kidsdevil demons turn out evil because they have no father instead of the fact they're literal devil's/demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The first time Tats has drawn a cis woman in years who wasn't a perfect hourglass with a pronounced butt and it's because she... tried to stand up against Republicans. This protest wasn't about trans kids at all, it was about loving gun laws. I feel like it's a look into Ishida's mind: he starts talking about some other topic for 3 panels then suddenly can't help himself and his hand jerks aside under its own volition and starts scribbling about KID GENITALS
Also, just super racist vibes in general.

You know what gets me the most about this? It's blatantly, on-its-face sexist. Not just the obvious transphobia, it's openly hateful and insulting to cis women, too. The movie is called "Rocky" but the character is named Roxy, so it's named for her dad. "Roxy" itself is him trying to feminize the name to make it cutesy/sexy. Despite evidently being a star boxer, she's introduced and really exists only inasmuch as she relates to a man. She's not touted for her accomplishments or ability, she's the daughter of a famous man. Then, when she faces a tougher opponent, she immediately cries that it's unfair and she needs help, in stark contrast to the movie it's based on. Very much a poor, delicate woman who literally can't fight her own battles and is basically given this attention in a patronizing way to begin with, as one might entertain a child playing pretend. There is such open disdain in this comic, not just for Drago, but for Roxy too. Such a "sure you're a boxer, sweetie, good for you!" energy overflowing from this whole thing.
Ishida's inability to be subtle or use tactful metaphor once again drops the pretense that transphobes actually give a poo poo about cis women except when they can be used as a bludgeon.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Boxing also has weight classes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If Roxy is Rocky's daughter then Trans draggo should be like sixty years old, don't woryk girl, you got this.
But also "trans draggo" sounds like the kind of name a trans man would use after some gender conformity law forced him to play in the woman's league under his dead name.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s like Marvel comics in the 70s when black heroes would have to have “black” somewhere in their superhero name.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
also a hell of a time to introduce action upskirts

I'm no artist but I'm pretty sure you don't actually have to do those unless you want to.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Not sure how you can draw hell, famously the worst place to be and always on fire, being fueled by unrestricted coal power, and then be like "I think we should have more unrestricted coal power."

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Pancho Jueves posted:

Not sure how you can draw hell, famously the worst place to be and always on fire, being fueled by unrestricted coal power, and then be like "I think we should have more unrestricted coal power."

It's like pro-gun cartoons that are a drawing of a gun labeled as something the cartoonist fears and hates. Just all sorts of crossed mental wires.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Libs always have the wrong priorities! Like being concerned about global warming while they're burning for eternity in hell, or allowing transgender people to exist in any context whatsoever! LOL!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

There's even a real joke right there.

A competent cartoonist could have the lib nonplussed by all the torture around him until he notices the coal, and then freak out that the massive torture machinery ought to run on clean abundant geothermal energy thank you very much!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think he's going for a South Park 'both sides'/'you care, you lose' type thing, but because he's so deeply reactionary it just becomes that.

Like Hell is bad, and they are burning coal, which is bad, but the woke protestor is also bad for caring, and demands that the EPA do something, but the EPA doesn't have jurisdiction in Hell, haha what an idiot, Hell is just bad and eternal and you can't do anything about that.

Thus in reality it's stupid to ask the EPA to do anything about actual coal burning in the real world because doing things is bad.

That's also why he can draw the gun reform protestors as extreme parodies, but can never draw any of the dozens of state legislatures pushing anti-LGBT bills as anything at all. Because they're not 'doing things' in Tats world, just be normal!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did we know that Ishida was a staff artist for Dark Horse in the 90s? He drew the GI Joe Extreme comic.

I can kind of see his style in how he does the eyes. Anyway, what a loving career trajectory.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, it's how he got to be one of the first webcomics to be picked up by a major publisher. I think there were two or three Sinfest collections from Dark Horse.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Vib Rib posted:

Also, just super racist vibes in general.

Looking back, I think it was very nice of tatsuya ishida to let us know exactly what kind of race sensitivity we could expect of him, as early as the third and fourth sinfest comics of all time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

It's budget night tomorrow. Treasurer Jim Chalmers and finance minister Katy Gallagher.

Broelman:

Downes:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Millions to receive up to $500 in energy bill relief at federal budget, as Treasurer flags broader cost of living support (ABC).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone wanna guess what this is about? Because it sure as gently caress isn't climate change.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Debt. What else could it be?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Paypig Wayne LaPierre isn't real and can't hurt me right

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The Islamic Shock posted:

Paypig Wayne LaPierre isn't real and can't hurt me right

I don’t know.

Maybe you should look behind you in a dark bathroom mirror to check.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Drew Sheneman posted:

Most people don’t know who George Norcross is. In a just and verdant world you wouldn’t have to. Norcross is the longtime Democratic party boss in South Jersey. He’s the most powerful man in state politics who nobody voted for. His day job is in insurance but on nights and weekends he likes to wield an iron fist over South Jersey politics.

Norcross likes to keep a low profile but on occasion his name pops up in the news, usually because someone or something he has his mitts on has been slathered with subpoenas. And it just happened again.

A special state task force just dropped a stack down in Norcross’ Camden stomping grounds. This time around Norcross and some affiliated nonprofits, which are being investigated for corruption around tax incentives in Camden. The specifics haven’t been made public yet, but Ted Sherman at NJ.com got the scoop that some legislation meant to goose economic development was re-written to benefit Norcross and his interests. Sound shady? Sure does! Will it lead to the fall of the South Jersey king maker? Eh, probably not.

This is not George Norcross’ first rodeo and by rodeo I mean investigation for corruption. The state takes a run at him every so often and the same thing always happens, the case fizzles and Norcross goes about his business. Maybe this time will be different and a well connected political boss who wields his power to benefit himself and his buddies will be held accountable, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Because I know this is supposed to be about something other than climate change, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
Also, do we have an update on the 2022 Kellies Awards?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So is Sinfest just going full Dante's Inferno at this point, complete with making the author the hero of the comic, smiting their perceived hated enemies with their mighty pen?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Four Out Of 10 Vice Presidents Become President

Ted Rall posted:

The issue of President Biden’s age, unprecedented in American political history, will increasingly rise to the fore as voters focus on the election. The role of the vice president, of course, has never been more relevant.
I'd do the honours.
Kellies Nominiation: Laziest Non-Gorrell

First Dog on the Moon: Thank goodness for the decent hardworking scientists at the Bureau of Meteorology! OR ARE THEY?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Four Out Of 10 Vice Presidents Become President

This is the most artistically competent Rall cartoon I've ever seen.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Evel Knievel, incidentally, was a persistent advocate for motorcycle helmet use and supported mandatory helmet laws, appearing to testify on behalf of one in the California legislature.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
T3: Rise of the machines was released twenty years ago. This is a timely reference, I don't think there's been any other robot or AI themed movies since then.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

It even knows what question you're going to ask before you've asked it!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nenonen posted:

T3: Rise of the machines was released twenty years ago. This is a timely reference, I don't think there's been any other robot or AI themed movies since then.

It was certainly the final entry in the Terminator franchise.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Steve Breen

Aah yes, a helmet would indeed be redundant if you fell down a chasm. Well done banks for realizing this and just letting it rip! Death or glory!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

gently caress off Gary

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Angepain posted:

gently caress off Gary

This kind of Conservative made "sense" to me once it clicked they can't see women in anything but sexual terms, so transwomen must therefore be sexually motivated by their logic.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

To my pleasant surprise I didn't miss much seeing that everyone else more or less took a long vacation too!

China Daily

4/5
Stirring up trouble by Cai Meng

5/5
Serving up killings by Zheng Huawei

8/5
Blind to reality by Zheng Huawei

Le Monde

3/5
Soudan : La guerre des généraux devient un drame humanitaire/Sudan: The general's war becomes a human tragedy by Gado from Kenya

4/5
Moscou : a-t-on essayé d’assassiner Poutine ?/Moscow: Did someone try to assassinate Putin? by Roar Hagen from Norway

Charlie Hebdo

Charles III: A Real Success
"Even mother came!"

Fonds Marianne: It's worse than we thought!
"We'd also like to propose our project!"
It's a financial scandal involving Marlène Schiappa the Minister for Social & Solidarity Economy & Associative Life of France. I don't know more than that at the moment.

"Sorry I'm more of a Vincent, than Theo Van Gogh."
These two pieces focus on the use of terrorist attacks for artistic inspiration. The article is very against the idea since they think it puts the terrorists forward at the cost of the lives of victims.

Isis: A new chief will be crowned by the international coalition soon

:nws: Penis surgically attached to a Barbie

Inclusive Barbie: This CH's take on Barbie after having learned about the new Down's Syndrome Barbie: In order from left to right and up and down, last being the horizontal one: Battered Wife Barbie; Surrogate Mother Barbie; Postpartum Barbie; Transitioning Barbie; Jihadist's Wife Barbie; and Endometriosis Barbie

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Probably because you tried to overthrow the government, seems like that would make you an enemy of America

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And last for your viewing pleasure Charlie Hebdo's take on the Coronation because why not. I don't get why a French magazine would want to cover it as much as they have even if it's just to mock it.

And now Charlies III!
"At least that means the end of the next reign will come a bit sooner."

No time to lose for CharlesIII
"First job: Prepare my funeral."

Charles III shows his true colors

Charles III: Finally Queen!

Charles III: Finally adopted by England

Charles III is going to save money
"We've got to eat mother's corgis."

Charles III finally gets a job
"Just 42 to years to make up for."

Charles III Coronation: Camilla in charge of the ceremony

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s local elections hangover – Conservatives are engaging in soul-searching after the party lost more than 1,000 seats in Thursday’s vote"

Telegraph:

Times:

Police detain women’s safety volunteers in ‘heavy-handed’ coronation clampdown; How Penny Mordaunt became a star of the coronation; Even critics of the monarchy think Zadok the Priest is an ‘absolute banger’

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Actually, Branco, the point of a panopticon is that,

You know what, never mind, you’re too stupid to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Disco Pope posted:

This kind of Conservative made "sense" to me once it clicked they can't see women in anything but sexual terms, so transwomen must therefore be sexually motivated by their logic.

Beyond this, their thinking is inspired by Ray Blanchard, whose bizarre theories about trans women were really influential for a while and are still parroted by transphobes, even if they don't know where they got the ideas. Blanchard classified trans women into two types: "autogynephilic", or fetishists, who were sexually turned on by the idea of being women to such a degree that they felt compelled to change genders; and "homosexual", who were gay men who were so gay that they decided to change genders in order to attract straight men. He entirely rejected the idea that there might be any trans women who didn't fit his typology, and (at least when his theories were published) doesn't seem to have figured out that trans men and non-binary people exist.

As such, people informed by Blanchard's typology believe that trans women (because, again, unfamiliar with the concept of trans men and non-binary people) are obsessed with sex, and that gender transition is necessarily, inherently sexual in origin and nature. It's a worldview that is, as should be apparent, completely untainted by contact with the real world and actual trans people.